News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Shane Foulkes Hypacrosaurus FINISHED!

Started by caspakian, April 15, 2015, 10:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caspakian

FINALLY its done and off now to the mold makers ( Vincent Marinucci ) and will be making its debut at Wonderfest this year at the end of May. This is my 1/15th scale Hypacrosaurus Stebingeri. Represents an animal over 26 feet long and about 3 tons. (posted for Shane by Dave Crider)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks awesome ! Way to few really nice ( and larger) hadrosaurs out there.

Arul

0onarcissisto0

If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

triceratops83

I've been going crazy waiting for this. Great kit!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I was wondering when we'll see this finished. I might buy one when available, depending on size.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

s.foulkes

:)Size of this kit is 24.5" long and it is finished. its on its way to be molded and castings should be in hand around the 20 to 25th of May . Trust me its a lot more impressive once assembled together ,when you can see the movement and pose and attitude of the sculpt. cant wait to paint it. im excited about the Albertosaur that will be stalking it. that's next along with a Baryonyx.
glad to see some are excited to see this .
Bringing back the world of Dinosaurs one sculpt at a time!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Awesome! Really excited for the Albertosaur to go with it and of course the Baryonyx...is that one still be planned as a dio or sorts like we talked about before? I loved that concept. :)

reinier zwanink

Another great piece of work shane
I could not see it thou but didnt hydrosaurs have large cheek scales like found on leonardo?

s.foulkes

in my rendering it has larger scales at the back of its jaw but not on the fleshy check section. I don't know of fossilized skin impressions for the facial region on Hypacrosaurs? so I didn't want to incorporate all the features of Brachylopho onto this species just because.Its a good assumption though that all hadrosaurs were similar in scale patterns but its not definite. I do think that the neck and upper back should have even larger scales than what I have but this was in the works for awhile and some new evidence has come in since I started this. My work is a nice blend of accuracy and Art, but not all of one or the other. some features may be missed on my works but I do try to make sure a lot of research goes into my models , but wont always hit on perfection all the time.

nwfonseca

Killer model Shane! It is worthy of all the praise being given to this, it is a great piece. I think this sets the standard for Hadrosaur sculpts right now, this will be the model that others will be measured against. I think you hit a great balance between science and art in this piece. If I am not mistaken there is enough variation between species and genera to warrant slightly different variations in scaling. There is definitely sizer, color, and integument variations between species in the Panthera genus; if you consider lions, leopards, jaguars, and tigers the precedent exists. "panthera was the first to jump into my mind".

Again, great work!   

MIXVS MINIMAX

Very nice- I am buisy with a Hypacrosaurus 1/72 and have now a good reference. :-)

s.foulkes

Will have pics of it painted soon. this model is now ready for production castings. hope it does well.

Andrew T

Fantastic sculpt, love the skin texture. Look forward to seeing one painted up!

triceratops83

After months of enthusiastic waiting, I've ordered mine. Can't wait for it to arrive!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

s.foulkes

:)Yes thanks for that Mark, all hypacro preorders will go out early June. They have to wait until after my big Show at Wonderfest at the end of May. So far I have 9 orders to fulfill so its doing well out of the gate. I think once I get painted pics posted that will help . I will be painting my copy for the show this week. pics soon to follow. I have images of it assembled and primed and standing up in its base , I will see if I can get those on here for now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm sure you'll sell plenty of them Shane, to most of the general public hadrosaurs are okay, but collectors WANT them..mostly because there aren't many around..especially of nice size to purchase.

caspakian

Here are the pictures of the built and primed model.

caspakian

I wanted to post images of the NEW Hypacrosaurus model just finished tonight. Ready for its debut at WF this weekend. It's 11:45 here and I will be up for another 2 hours then tomorrow loading everything up. This last month has been crazy. I really love this build up. One of my fav's for sure. It's actually brighter color in person. It should pop out well on my table display. Safe trip to all going. See ya there. (Posted for Shane Foulkes)

Arul

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: