You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Forty-three dinosaur eggs uncovered in Heyuan, China

Started by Patrx, April 21, 2015, 05:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrx

Article at DailyMail.co.uk

Quite a find! They look like sauropod eggs to me, but I'm no "egg-spert"  :))

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

reinier zwanink

These are sauropods for sure
Wonder what species it is

amargasaurus cazaui

Hard to tell from the photographs themselves, as not much is shown for scale but the article states a size of 10-12 cm......at the larger size, that is 4.72 inches, a tad small for sauropod eggs likely. Given the size and the shape it would seem more likely they are probably segnosaur eggs, or could be hadrosaurid....My own Hadrosaur egg is roughly that long ...slightly larger.
   What I find interesting is the area itself, as Guamdong district is generally where the oviraptorid eggs tend to originate from, or at least those that came to market that were stated as such, were generally from Guamdong district. The sauropod and Hadrosaur egg I have originate from Henan province, in the Xixia basin, so that seems suggestive these might well be segnosaur eggs.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Arul

LophoLeeVT

china? it could be a shunosaurus or mamenchisaurus
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: raptor64870 on May 06, 2015, 05:32:17 AM
china? it could be a shunosaurus or mamenchisaurus
Again given the size, I doubt heavily they are sauropod eggs ...unless a very small species
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.