News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Daily LOLZ

Started by ITewan, April 29, 2012, 06:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowknight1

Ye gods, there's shrink wrapping and then there's....whatever that is!  I know it's mostly color choice but it looks like it's had its skin stipped off!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Takama

Perhaps this will be the Ugliest Dinosaur of 2016

Sim

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 06, 2016, 05:30:17 AM
Ye gods, there's shrink wrapping and then there's....whatever that is!  I know it's mostly color choice but it looks like it's had its skin stipped off!

I think it's mostly the shrink-wrapping and that the skin over the skull openings has a different covering to the rest of the skull.  I wouldn't be surprised if Schleich had been looking at amphibian photos for inspiration for the skin covering(!), noticed the paratoid glands and thought, "It looks like the skin's covered in holes.  Hmm, it should look cool for the dinosaur figure!"  It seems like they started by doing this for their first Giganotosaurus sculpt, as seen here (this is definitely fitting for this thread!): http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/3440  Then when they made another large Giganotosaurus they made the holes bigger (why!?) and raised the surrounding skin so that area looks a bit like a crater.  Then for the Barapasaurus they filled in more skull openings with that holey skin, including the area around the nostrils it seems from this image: http://www.top1toysheerhugowaard.nl/contents/media/l_2016_72_rgb_14574.jpg

Takama

And now something a little less Graphic

Takama

Any guesses on what kind of Dinosaur this paw print belongs too? I saw it in a dinosaur movie. But I'm confused. dinosaur feet look nothing like this. Yet a Dinosaur made this print, and the film is from 2015.  Is there really new evidence to support this type of feet?  I thought movies do there research.

>:D

Kayakasaurus

It's an apatosaurus from Pixar. Sort of elephant like feet. Very inaccurate of course
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Takama

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on July 28, 2016, 05:46:04 AM
It's an apatosaurus from Pixar. Sort of elephant like feet. Very inaccurate of course

I was trying to play an oblivious movie goer who gets his education of dinosaurs from Movies.

CityRaptor

I guess we can all agree that  the title of that movie is false advertising.

Have some Dinosaur Transformers:

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Postosuchus84

I've seen those comics before in the TF community, they are absolutely great, especially Grimlock's comic!

stargatedalek

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

stargatedalek

It's a pun on "your waifu is ****" because her name is Anzu.

CityRaptor

Oh no

tyrantqueen

stargatedalek

fason

Yutyrannus

After rewatching Jurassic Fight Club and seeing once more how hilariously bad it is...

Lookit dem physics ;D

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

CityRaptor

Oh no

Dilopho

Takama

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: