News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ugly Ugly Dinosaurs

Started by Horridus, May 01, 2012, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Good old AAA Rex in all of its tail-dragging glory

It may be ugly but I love this guy  :P

DinoToyForum

Quote from: meoraptor on May 03, 2012, 01:01:10 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 02, 2012, 10:52:50 PM
Quote from: meoraptor on May 02, 2012, 10:30:54 PM
For some reason, I like the T. rex and the Velociraptor.

*yuck* Well, the Velociraptor is yours if you want it ;) Free plus shipping ;D

Well, I thought about it, and I've decided I don't really want it.

Hehe. I don't blame you!

Horridus

Nice one Gwangi! Don't be afraid to share more. I'd like to see that first one from another angle, actually.

Tyrantqueen: do you have the AAA "Allosaurus" from the early '90s as well? It's a blueish colour. I used to have it back in the day...
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Gwangi

Quote from: Horridus on May 03, 2012, 06:05:54 PM
Nice one Gwangi! Don't be afraid to share more. I'd like to see that first one from another angle, actually.

Tyrantqueen: do you have the AAA "Allosaurus" from the early '90s as well? It's a blueish colour. I used to have it back in the day...

Oh I will.  8) And I'll make sure to get more of that first one which must surely be my worst looking dinosaur toy.

Edit: Horridus, I actually like that techno-colored triceratops. You didn't happen to see a brand name or how much it cost did you? I can't believe I just asked that.

ZoPteryx

I have plenty of dinos that don't look good, but here are the three that I actually consider ugly.  I also have no clue who makes them. :)

Huntchbackosaurus notrodomus

Pseudoceratosaurus horridus

Carnostegosaurus leucocephalus

Crackington

Just loving these mutoid dinos!  Some of them look like there's a decent model struggling to get out. The hunchback thing actually has something of Neave Parker's classic Megalosaurus painting about it, maybe sculpted by a cross-eyed drunk!  :o

Gwangi

Quote from: Crackington on May 04, 2012, 11:39:47 PM
Just loving these mutoid dinos!  Some of them look like there's a decent model struggling to get out. The hunchback thing actually has something of Neave Parker's classic Megalosaurus painting about it, maybe sculpted by a cross-eyed drunk!  :o

I actually really like that Megalosaurus (the hunchback) for exactly that reason. I hope to some day have one in my collection.

Meso-Cenozoic

I'm a little disappointed. I thought I might find some pics of the new Schleich figs here.  :-\  ;)

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Gwangi on May 05, 2012, 12:05:09 AM

I actually really like that Megalosaurus (the hunchback) for exactly that reason. I hope to some day have one in my collection.

If it helps, I got that guy and the 'Cerato' out of claw-machine at an arcade!  Also got a ok Brachio and Ankylo from there.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 05, 2012, 01:22:58 AM
I'm a little disappointed. I thought I might find some pics of the new Schleich figs here.  :-\  ;)

Aww come on XD The new green Schleich Rex might be a bit on the fugly side, but it has a charm to it.
It's better than the old ugly brown hunch back one  :)

Pilkington

This is by far my favorite of the "Ugly" dinosaurs I own:

The Waiphoon Allosaurus

I actually bought a whole bag full of toys at a thrift shop just for this dinosaur.  I'm not sure what it is about this figure but I just love it.  ;D
If you wanna be alone, come with me

Himmapaan

Just loving these mutoid dinos!
Haha, 'mutoid'. Wonderful. :))

Zopteryx, you ought to call that Megalosaurus, Quasimodosaurus dominae:)) ;D

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 05, 2012, 07:14:01 PM
Zopteryx, you ought to call that Megalosaurus, Quasimodosaurus dominae:)) ;D

Oh yes!  That's much catchier! :))

Horridus

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on May 05, 2012, 01:22:58 AM

As if I would be so cruel.

Anyway, I found another Neave Parker-esque hunchback Megalosaurus (presumably)!

All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Seijun

The Schleich raptor has suddenly reminded me of the song "Special Fred" by Stephen Lynch.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Sumo

I have that Megalo! I call him Bruce and he serves as a reminder not to slouch at my desk.  ;D
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

CityRaptor

@Dinotoyfroum: The Velociraptor somehow reminds me of a Predators Dinosaur.
@TyrantQueen: It is probably based on some Kaiju...
@Pilkington: Kinda looks like your Avatar.

Here are some from Dinosaurierpark Münchehagen ( they also have other, quality Dinosaurs like Carnegie, Favorite and Famemaster, also replica fossils. Sursprisingly no Schleich, but I saw Bullyland and Mojö )

Atleast it does not have batwings...

Some classic Chinasaurs. Also check out the teeth of that "Parasaurolophus"...

Can you spot the japanese celebrity?

Ahhh, it's Gojira!

Honestly speaking, I might be willing to buy that bag at some point. You know, nostalgia as a I had some of these guys at a point, and you know, Godzilla!

The Styracosaurus finally found friends to hang out with!

I also saw how one of those plush dinosaurs ( but in blue ) in the lower row was given to a little girl. She loved it! Kinda cute...

These guys might be Chinasaurs, but they are genuinely happy!

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Sharptooth

Quote from: tyrantqueen on May 01, 2012, 11:15:17 PM

Two headed black and red theropod. Looks like something straight out of a bad Japanese monster movie, but I love it  ^-^

Ehy, i have it too!!   ;D

When i was very little, in the magical (at least for me) period between my first and fourth year, we used to go to a big toy warehouse near where i lived, at least two times in a month, and mong plushies, LEGOs and other toys that my parents bought to me there was always space for one or two of these plastic monsters... Aah, the memories  :'(

My favorites were this two-headed Ceratosauradragonthing and a dark green T.rex which always reminded me of Sharptooth from the "Land Before Time" first (and ONLY) movie  :)

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Horridus

Oh wow CityRaptor, that's a real treasure trove of badness. At least they had some good stuff too, though. Unlike the NHM gift shop...(will I ever stop moaning about that? No.)
@Mhorridus

Himmapaan

Quote from: Horridus on May 08, 2012, 06:54:10 PM
Oh wow CityRaptor, that's a real treasure trove of badness. At least they had some good stuff too, though. Unlike the NHM gift shop...(will I ever stop moaning about that? No.)
I still think you ought to write to them. Get the members here to sign a petition.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: