News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ugly Ugly Dinosaurs

Started by Horridus, May 01, 2012, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 28, 2012, 07:32:34 PM
I just got back from a holiday along the east coast. We visited a reptile house, and they had these guys in their gift shop :P

I atcually have a few of those figures. The sauropod, and cartoony Dimetrodon. And they both squeek when squeezed. :D

Seijun

I am given a set of those by at least one person every Christmas and birthday...
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Kara

I realize this thread is super dead, but I thought maybe you guys would appreciate this little guy anyway.

He is a pencil sharpener! Very retro, but I love the little bit of mod fashion he adds to my desk while being functional. Hahah.

tyrantqueen

This doesn't count as a dinosaur, but some people will probably think he is ugly.

....No comment.

According to Darren Naish, this guy is a Komodo dragon. Perhaps I can get away with calling it a Megalania? ;) I originally picked him up as an addition to my lizard collection. He dwarfs even the large AAA lizards.

I also have a theory that this was made by that infamous chinasaur manufacturer, responsible for making these atrocities :))

Takama

Horridus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 02, 2012, 07:41:00 AM
I also have a theory that this was made by that infamous chinasaur manufacturer, responsible for making these atrocities :))
Seems very likely to me!
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

ProSauropod

tyrantqueen - that is an awesome Komodo; I love the characteristic "You lookin' at ME ?" squared-up pose!  Where did you get it?  I'd add that to my collection in a proverbial heartbeat.

tyrantqueen

I got him from eBay :)

Actually, although I like this guy a lot, he takes up so much space I am considering selling him :-X I'm not sure yet, but if I did, would you be interested in him?

ProSauropod

Yes I would, please.  When young, it was always an aspiration to be eaten by one (we all have our dreams).  They simply have a more reptilian air about them than any other extant reptile.

Takama

Concavenator

Quote from: Takama on July 21, 2013, 11:35:15 PM
Any one remember this?
Yes,the CollectA Deluxe Brachio.Pretty hideous

DinoToyForum

One of my favourite threads ;)

More please  >:D

Balaur

Thank you sir may I have another.

Ultimatedinoking

I don't have them anymore, here are some really weird, ugly or strange Dinos. (And non Dinos)

An Iguanodon with the feet of a raptor.

A Suchomimus with wrinkly skin and only two fingers.

A small red ceratopsian with a horn in the center of its head.

A triceratops with teeth!

A stegosaur with a horribly deformed head.

A gorilla with the face of a baboon.

A long necked alligator.

I got rid of them a while ago, because I cleaned my collection of  malformed figures. Sorry for the lack of pics  :(
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

Takama

sauroid

might as well post almost every Geoworld figures ;)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Ridureyu

Predasaurs: DNA Fusion admitted that it was inaccurate (it mashes two dinosaurs together and then adds glow in the dark fangs), and they did do their homework on some more obscure creatures, but still...

CityRaptor

Honestly speaking, I think the designers behind them are aiming for something crazy and in a way ugly. I mean come one, the are DNA-fused, weapon-wielding Dinosaurs with glowing fangs ( and depending on the version also glowing eyes ).  They are also a bit Primal Rage-esque.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ridureyu

They certainly did their homework.  One Predasaur is half-Crylosaur, after all!  Buuuut... well, look at that dude.  It's so horrible that it is hilarious.

CityRaptor

I think that is intentional. And it works for them, since there are three series of Predasaurs: DNA Fusion, Insect Invasion and Aqua Attack. Here is some article about them: http://www.mindlessshelfindulgence.com/predasaurs-aqua-attack/
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: