You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

I will order the complete set, enjoy them for two or three years and then eventually send payment when I feel like it... Exactly the opposite to what has happened with the raptors. Another early supporter from Europe awaiting to receive their order.

They look stunning none the less.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Moodyraptor on February 17, 2018, 06:24:12 PM
I intend to back the kickstarter just to support this line, but I won't be getting more than one or two at the most of the ceratopsians.  I just don't have the space for too many big models, and I'd rather save my shelf space and money for the tyrannosaurs.   I didn't realise he was intending to make all 52 models, I assumed he'd do a smaller core set and then the rest as stretch goals.

My guess is that some of them will be stretch goals. Even if he splits it in half and does 26 in each Kickstarter, I think he knows it would be risky to set the goal high enough to cover all 26. But having 52 options means he has lots of things he can add on as a more modest goal is exceeded and hype accumulates.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Minmiminime

David has posted a video of the Xenoceratops parts being put together. It's a beautiful piece of work, which fires both my desires and my frustration at the size of these things!! I like that he's chosen a less well-known ceratopsian to start with https://www.facebook.com/creativebeaststudio/posts/2098213140219551
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Albertosaurus

It looks amazing! Though I will think about it twice this time before backing. The raptors are taking FOREVER. Was it in 2015? Way too long...

Minmiminime

I'm eagerly awaiting my 'raptors, too! At least I know they will arrive, eventually O:-) I backed Saurian too, and actually can't download it because we don't have any hardware powerful enough to run it ::) Nor is there any point in us purchasing anything purely to run just that, because we have no other need for it!! So, at least I contributed it, but I'll never know the fruits it bore.

I don't even know if I'll be able to support the ceratopsian campaign, and have a few concerns with how he's going about it. I sometimes wonder if it would have been more interesting for him to create faunal groups, rather than do dinosaur families. That would have been fantastic for diorama building!
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Halichoeres

Quote from: Minmiminime on February 24, 2018, 11:12:24 PM

I don't even know if I'll be able to support the ceratopsian campaign, and have a few concerns with how he's going about it. I sometimes wonder if it would have been more interesting for him to create faunal groups, rather than do dinosaur families. That would have been fantastic for diorama building!

I also would have liked faunal groups more, but it definitely makes it harder to share parts. Might have been more expensive.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

stargatedalek

I'm just worried all of the early ceratopsians will be stretch goals and may never happen. Unless one of the others is based on a lizard I'm particularly fond of those are the only ones that interest me.

Minmiminime

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 25, 2018, 07:18:48 PM
Quote from: Minmiminime on February 24, 2018, 11:12:24 PM

I also would have liked faunal groups more, but it definitely makes it harder to share parts. Might have been more expensive.

That's a very good point! I'd forgotten about the shared parts ;) Still, I wonder if that would have been offset by him not having to expend so much time and effort in technical planning and multiple sculpts and paint jobs..? I don't know, but David certainly will with all his experience! It's an astonishing undertaking, I have the greatest respect for his talent and sheer determination ^-^

Sim

Quote from: Faelrin on February 16, 2018, 08:39:25 PM
Glad to see you are (I think?) doing better Sim.

I am doing better.  It's been gradual.  When I backed Beasts of the Mesozoic I had been led to think certain things, and later the opposite of those things happened.  I'm glad David refunded me, so now I'm not forced to accept these things that I find unsatisfactory.  This also allows me to consider the things I find good or bad about Beasts of the Mesozoic without being reminded too strongly of things I feel haven't been right.

Counterklock

I'm so excited to discover this thread!

I recently received Build-a-Raptor Set A (with Linheraptor, Dromaeosaurus, Pyroraptor, the amber nestlings and Build-A-Raptor set B on their way) and painted my all-time favorite raptor, Blue of Jurassic World:

I also run the Official Beasts of the Mesozoic Community Hub forum, Facebook Group, and Discord server, if anyone is interested!

mgaguilar

@counterklock Looks good! And thanks for posting those links. Is David currently fielding interest on certain species? Or going by personal interest and direction?

Counterklock

@mgaguilar You're welcome. And tbh I don't really know; all I know is from the Facebook updates he gives, and those suggest he's very hard at work on the ceratopsian line

terrorchicken

Quote from: Counterklock on March 12, 2018, 02:09:27 AM
I'm so excited to discover this thread!

I recently received Build-a-Raptor Set A (with Linheraptor, Dromaeosaurus, Pyroraptor, the amber nestlings and Build-A-Raptor set B on their way) and painted my all-time favorite raptor, Blue of Jurassic World:

I also run the Official Beasts of the Mesozoic Community Hub forum, Facebook Group, and Discord server, if anyone is interested!

welcome!
nice paint work! and it gives us an idea of what the JW raptors would have looked like if the studio had cared to make the dinosaurs more accurate. :))

Counterklock

@terrorchicken Thank you! Honestly I'd love to get my paws on some of the Papo and Schleich feathered raptors and paint the whole Raptor Squad (and pretend they didn't all die and leave poor Blue alone :'D)

Sim

Quote from: Counterklock on March 13, 2018, 01:49:41 AM
@terrorchicken Thank you! Honestly I'd love to get my paws on some of the Papo and Schleich feathered raptors and paint the whole Raptor Squad (and pretend they didn't all die and leave poor Blue alone :'D)

I don't know what exactly you're looking for in the figures you want to repaint, but those Schleich figures are absolutely terrible.  I can't imagine how they would serve you better than additional Beasts of the Mesozoic (build-a-raptor) figures, or even just the Papo feathered Velociraptor.  If articulation isn't necessary, I'd recommend the Wild Safari feathered Velociraptor, it's really great.

Nice customised BotM build-a-raptor/Blue.

Counterklock

Quote from: Sim on March 13, 2018, 01:46:46 PM
Quote from: Counterklock on March 13, 2018, 01:49:41 AM

I don't know what exactly you're looking for in the figures you want to repaint, but those Schleich figures are absolutely terrible.  I can't imagine how they would serve you better than additional Beasts of the Mesozoic (build-a-raptor) figures, or even just the Papo feathered Velociraptor.  If articulation isn't necessary, I'd recommend the Wild Safari feathered Velociraptor, it's really great.

Nice customised BotM build-a-raptor/Blue.

I would honestly love to get three more Build-a-Raptor figures, but unfortunately the price is an inhibiting factor for me (I live in Canada, and between the figure + the shipping it'd now cost $100 CAD or so for me, buying from creative-beast.com. I'll definitely look into the Wild Safari raptor though

Faelrin

Really nice paint up of that build a raptor as Blue there Counterklock.

Also there was an announcement on the Creative Beast studio FB page about the wave 1 deluxe raptors shipping today/tomorrow. I can't wait to finally have these in my hands after all this time.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

paintingdinos

Exciting! Just got notice that one of mine shipped  :D

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: paintingdinos on March 14, 2018, 09:32:58 PM
Exciting! Just got notice that one of mine shipped  :D

One of the deluxe raptors? Woah, must be exciting!

paintingdinos

Yeah, I ordered the two Dromaeosaurus during the holiday sale. Didn't combine with the others I ordered, which I guess was lucky seeing as how that order wont be shipping until all the models are stateside  :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: