News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Acrocanthosaurus: "Hercules"

Started by joossa, July 18, 2015, 05:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffysaurus

My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

joossa

I'm hoping they go with what makes most sense and couple Act 2 (2/3 Tenontosaurus) and Act 3 (Deinonychus Trio) together as one unit that will be sold. Until we get clarification from them, I will be coupling the info on Act 2 and Act 3 in the Deinonychus Trio thread. What has me thinking is that they have revealed the prey, but haven't teased the raptors yet. Hmm...
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

DinoG

My hands are itchy for the wait...I just hope the clan will not be a disappointment...
Run!

Erwinonychus

According to their comment, it will be available in April with (almost) the same price tag as the Fallen Queen

DinoG

Run!

empire3569

Quote from: DinoG on March 29, 2016, 06:14:09 PM
How much did the fallen queen costs?

28$ on BBTS; I'm assuming this one will be a little cheaper since it is not as big (I'm thinking like 22-23$)

DinoG

Price not bad...now it is just about to decide if buy it straight away or wait and see the rest of the diorama
Run!

joossa

I'm not liking this too much. The Fallen Queen as a standalone piece and alternate base for the Rex worked. For this, I don't think it's enough (not even a full corpse) to warrant it being sold singularly, especially since we haven't seen the raptors. I think I'll be holding off buying it and hope they somehow bundle the raptors and the prey together at a lower price like they did with the Dimorphodon pair.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

DinoG

Good points! Maybe it is wise to wait for the big picture
Run!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: joossa on March 29, 2016, 06:31:21 PM
I'm not liking this too much. The Fallen Queen as a standalone piece and alternate base for the Rex worked. For this, I don't think it's enough (not even a full corpse) to warrant it being sold singularly, especially since we haven't seen the raptors. I think I'll be holding off buying it and hope they somehow bundle the raptors and the prey together at a lower price like they did with the Dimorphodon pair.

That is a good point.  May save a few dollars in the long run.  Maybe.  Then again, the Fallen Queen and King Rex wasn't done that way.  But she was considered a standalone....  What to do, what to do.

Dinomike

This is very exciting!  Think about all the great possibilities for dioramas!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

joossa

Quote from: Viking Spawn on March 29, 2016, 07:58:00 PM
Quote from: joossa on March 29, 2016, 06:31:21 PM

That is a good point.  May save a few dollars in the long run.  Maybe.  Then again, the Fallen Queen and King Rex wasn't done that way.  But she was considered a standalone....  What to do, what to do.

I would think that even if they were not eventually bundled together, the prey piece won't sell out by the time the raptors are up for sale. If the raptors weren't coming out, I would probably skip out on the 2/3 Tenontosaurus altogether. I can see the versatility of this piece for displays and dioramas, though.

Definitely time to get more 1/35 scale model reveals from them!
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

DinoG

So...who will be rewarded first? The king trident' s gang or the cerberus clan members???
Run!

tanystropheus

Is the Tenontosaurus head and arms segment that came with the Acro supposed to connect with the body of the Tenontosaurus? ...or is this a completely separate Tenontosaurus corpse?

joossa

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 30, 2016, 02:51:14 AM
Is the Tenontosaurus head and arms segment that came with the Acro supposed to connect with the body of the Tenontosaurus? ...or is this a completely separate Tenontosaurus corpse?
It's supposed to be the same corpse and the two parts match up:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Kovu

Okay, so in my mind, that picture makes it look like the Tenontosaurus was woken up in the middle of nap and is just like, "I ain't got time for this" before putting its head back down. Eye squint and all.

Takama

Quote from: Kovu on March 30, 2016, 04:16:18 AM
Okay, so in my mind, that picture makes it look like the Tenontosaurus was woken up in the middle of nap and is just like, "I ain't got time for this" before putting its head back down. Eye squint and all.

That would make a far more interesting model then what its intended to be.

Kovu

Quote from: Takama on March 30, 2016, 04:18:03 AM
Quote from: Kovu on March 30, 2016, 04:16:18 AM

That would make a far more interesting model then what its intended to be.

You know, with a bit of super glue, apoxie, cutting and painting, that could be easy enough to do...

Shadowknight1

My biggest problem with this being a 3 part diorama is that every diorama they've done so far, each piece works as an individual piece.  Even the Fallen Queen.  Who would buy a headless Tenontosaurus corpse on its own?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Kovu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: