News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Running T-rex King Kong dinosaur review

Started by The Arc, July 28, 2015, 11:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Arc

This T-rex looks closer to the V-rex in King Kong than it does to the Jurassic Park T-rex...  I think.  Although it's quite skinny in my opinion,  to the point where it looks as if it's starving.  I never really heard any complaints in this regard.  Am I the only one who sees that?  Here's a YouTube video I made on it:
https://youtu.be/THcrCqh7928

Shadowknight1

I honestly don't see V-rex as much as I see a T-rex that got it's lower jaw busted in its youth.  It has a lot of indents into the upper jaw from the teeth and a lot of scarring.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

The Arc

Good words-  Yeah now that you mention the lower Jaw,  I think that's part of what bothers me about it.  I still think this is a pretty good model and am certainly glad I purchased it..   I think I like the sitting model more,  the skull and jaw seems more JP like. 

Gwangi

I can see the V. rex in this model and I said the same thing back when the model's first production photos were released. It's still mostly JP inspired I think but those teeth scream V. rex.

And yes, the model does have an emaciated shrink wrapped appearance. Certainly a lot of artistic license was taken with this model.

The Arc

I wonder if they'll have another T-rex model somewhere down the line.  Nice pic of the V-rex there btw

joossa

I keep this model's mouth closed at all times. I can't stand seeing the teeth when the mouth is opened.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dobber

I agree with The Arc,  I always thought this Rex looked very skinny. That coupled with the large feet always makes me think it is a juvenile/subadult that is still growing and hasn't filled out yet.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Gwangi

Quote from: Dobber on July 29, 2015, 05:27:04 PM
I agree with The Arc,  I always thought this Rex looked very skinny. That coupled with the large feet always makes me think it is a juvenile/subadult that is still growing and hasn't filled out yet.

Chris

Just based on the look of the head I've always assumed this was an old, battle scared individual that's probably missed a few meals.

Dobber

That too.

First thing that always hits me, though, is thinking of some gawky Teen that has the older face with a stupid mustache but is all lanky with big hands and feet because he is still growing. Lol!  :P

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: joossa on July 29, 2015, 05:40:58 AM
I keep this model's mouth closed at all times. I can't stand seeing the teeth when the mouth is opened.

I'm right there with yah dude. There is one tooth protruding from the bottom that just make it look ridiculous.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

pylraster

I think it'll look better with the older Papo rex's head. Been waiting on someone to do a proper head swap

Dilopho

I'm stuck between, when I have enough money in a few weeks, getting this one or the sitting one.
I'll probably get the sitting one, but I love the colour green....:(
Anyway, I think that this one has been clobbered by an ankylosaur in the face, and now his painful jaw means he can't eat for a while without pain, so that's why his teeth are out of place and why he's so skinny.

Gwangi

Quote from: Dilopho on August 07, 2015, 04:48:46 PM
I'm stuck between, when I have enough money in a few weeks, getting this one or the sitting one.
I'll probably get the sitting one, but I love the colour green....:(
Anyway, I think that this one has been clobbered by an ankylosaur in the face, and now his painful jaw means he can't eat for a while without pain, so that's why his teeth are out of place and why he's so skinny.

Kind of like my entry for last year's diorama contest!

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

The Arc

Viking Spawn

How did I miss that image the first time?  That is cool!!!   8)

Dilopho

Dilopho

Here's my figure! Apart from some black splodges on the teeth, the detail is fantastic! I wonder why that one tooth juts out of the mouth. It even has a notch in the upper jaw to fit inside, indicating that this tooth has been here for a long time and probably caused the animal a lot of pain from digging into his top jaw. I wonder if this makes him so skinny, because when I play with him fighting the AAA Styracosaurus, I can't fit any part of the Styraco through the front of his mouth, only the side, because the tooth blocks it. He must be only eating meals small enough to fit into his mouth. Don't worry, rex, it'll fall out soon! Actually, I hope it doesn't- I like my figures to stay un-broken, and a fall from the table might remove the need of a dental visit. I recommend keeping this dinosaur away from edges.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: