News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Any TMNT Fans Around?

Started by suspsy, August 05, 2015, 02:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Yes, the dinosaurs do look disappointing. Especially when you consider how good they looked in the "Turtles in Time" comic.
http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/2014/06/turtles-meet-dinosaurs-or-most-accurate.html

Although I'm nostalgic for a lot of things, the "turtles" are not included for whatever reason. The 80's-90's cartoon was my favorite cartoon at the time. I had a massive collection of toys too, even April O'Neil (none of my friends had her) and I remember playing some of the Sega games too. In fact, I still have my pet red-eared slider turtle named Raphael who's been with me for 23 years now. And yet, no love for TMNT. I refuse to watch the new movie, or the semi-recent "TMNT" movie. I'll watch the old 90's movie on occasion though. This only applies to "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" though, actual turtles are awesome. I like turtles!

CityRaptor

The robot Dinosaurs kinda look like Animated Grimlock:

I think I have the novelization of the first movie somewhere...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

I used to love the comic books! Somewhere in a box I still have the first run of action figures (including April O'Neil!). I never saw much of the cartoon because we didn't have a TV, but I did love the first movie.

Turtles and dinosaurs is an appropriately silly premise for the brand, I would say.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

So does that count as a hommage?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.