You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New horse ancestor with articulated toes

Started by Dilopho, August 11, 2015, 03:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

CityRaptor

One can say that the fish found on the same plate is in good hands. ;D
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 11, 2015, 03:11:49 PM
One can say that the fish found on the same plate is in good hands. ;D

Is that a double pun? Because, you know, the horse has 'hands'...

SBell

So it's for sale then? Because I notice that this isn't a journal article, but instead a store blog. Where they are all about the collector or someone looking for a special gift.

Which is too bad, because it then has the (likely) potential to be lost to science.

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on August 11, 2015, 09:01:21 PM
So it's for sale then? Because I notice that this isn't a journal article, but instead a store blog. Where they are all about the collector or someone looking for a special gift.

Which is too bad, because it then has the (likely) potential to be lost to science.
A lot of the most spectacular Green River stuff goes to private collectors. Sometimes they get in touch with scientists so they can get some photos, things like that, and my understanding is that the money they generate helps keep the land--much of which is private--open for scientists. Some of my friends are actually digging out there right now. It isn't ideal, but it's the trade-off paleontologists make in a culture that values money over knowledge.

On the upside, while this is an exceptional specimen, there are other exemplars of this species (Protorohippus venticolum) in museums.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.