News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Where to buy genuine Keichousaurus Hui

Started by SpittersForEver, August 14, 2015, 05:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpittersForEver

Hello,

For a long time I've been interested in buying some high end fossils/skeletons, I checked out Psittacosaurus skeletons but found that they cost too much. I also looked at dinosaur vertabrae and bones but they didn't appeal to me. So now I'm gonna go after a Keichousaurus but am weary since they are very often faked. If anyone knows of a place please leave a link as I would greatly appreciated or leave another fossil idea.

Thanks  :)

Tyto_Theropod

I have to say, you're in for a challenge there. Most that I have seen for sale look very fake, plus they are from China and so technically illegal to export. I actually advised someone else on here never to buy them as it was just too much of a risk. However, I guess you could give it a go if you wanted - and kiss goodbye to your life savings...  :'(
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Pachyrhinosaurus

I have seen lots of fake keichousaurus, even from trusted dealers (which do say they are most likely fake, but not certain). I suggest buying a cast if possible. You would spare yourself some money and dissapointment.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

amargasaurus cazaui

I strongly suggest Mike Holmes of Triassica, who is both on Ebay and facebook.....He not only is reputable and sold me my psittacosaurus, but has published a book about Keichosaurus, and is perhaps one of the more knowledgeable people in the world regarding those fossils. I personally recommend his work, service and expertise at all levels.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

SBell

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on August 14, 2015, 08:55:53 PM
I have to say, you're in for a challenge there. Most that I have seen for sale look very fake, plus they are from China and so technically illegal to export. I actually advised someone else on here never to buy them as it was just too much of a risk. However, I guess you could give it a go if you wanted - and kiss goodbye to your life savings...  :'(

I was going to say about the same thing--pretty much any fossil material from China would be smuggled out, because their laws are pretty strict about export (most countries are in theory, particularly regarding vertebrates). Doesn't make it impossible, just highly risky.

SpittersForEver

Quote from: SBell on August 15, 2015, 06:32:36 AM
Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on August 14, 2015, 08:55:53 PM

I was going to say about the same thing--pretty much any fossil material from China would be smuggled out, because their laws are pretty strict about export (most countries are in theory, particularly regarding vertebrates). Doesn't make it impossible, just highly risky.

Thanks guys, I'll check him out.

Hybodus

As hard as it is to find a genuine Keichousaurus for a non jaw dropping price, I bought a good quality real one from a convention in Hong Kong for about 1600 hkd, I recommend if you go there or have a friend you can get a good genuine Keichousaurus  ;)[img]http://www.thefossilforum.com/uploads/monthly_2017_06/image.jpeg.6c916e401f66b36ca51091755e2e7e11.jpeg[\img]

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.