News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Colorata first series

Started by sauroid, August 19, 2015, 07:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

does anyone have any reference pics plus additional infos for the first Colorata dinos/prehistoric figures? tried Google but only the recent sets show up.
***EDIT: i found the complete pics of all the twelve figures in my old files (and i have ten out of the twelve). what i need are infos regarding this set (year of release, rarity/value, etc.). thanks.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on August 19, 2015, 07:16:09 AM
does anyone have any reference pics plus additional infos for the first Colorata dinos/prehistoric figures? tried Google but only the recent sets show up.
***EDIT: i found the complete pics of all the twelve figures in my old files (and i have ten out of the twelve). what i need are infos regarding this set (year of release, rarity/value, etc.). thanks.
I must admit that I'm not sure what figures you're referring to. Since you have the photos, would you be kind enough to share them here?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

postsaurischian

The set was produced in 2004. It is just called "Dino Box" and the box is red.
As usually it was only released in Japan and there weren't as many produced as with the later three sets.
Complete boxes are rarely offered and sell for about 80 - 100 USD.

These are the figures: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/post/129584

Halichoeres

Thanks! Good to know those are floating around in the world.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

sauroid

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 19, 2015, 04:10:30 PM
The set was produced in 2004. It is just called "Dino Box" and the box is red.
As usually it was only released in Japan and there weren't as many produced as with the later three sets.
Complete boxes are rarely offered and sell for about 80 - 100 USD.

These are the figures: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/post/129584
thank you so much. :)

(needed this info so bad. my extras will be up for trade soon)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

terrorchicken

Ive never seen those, I thought you were taking about the newer ones that come in 3 different sets. Im thinking of buying the 3rd set with the dilophosaur and the yangshuanaosaur. These are bigger then Safari toob dinos but smaller than wild Safari dinos, right?

Halichoeres

They vary in size (although they're still not to scale with each other). The smallest ones are about the same size as a Toob dino, but most of them are intermediate between that and a WS figure, yes:

SBell

Quote from: terrorchicken on August 20, 2015, 05:55:42 PM
Ive never seen those, I thought you were taking about the newer ones that come in 3 different sets. Im thinking of buying the 3rd set with the dilophosaur and the yangshuanaosaur. These are bigger then Safari toob dinos but smaller than wild Safari dinos, right?

That is correct, although the sets themselves are not to any specific scale (like most Colorata boxes).

terrorchicken

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.