News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mitko's collection

Started by Mitko, September 05, 2015, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitko

Hi!
I would like to start off with my all time childhood favourite - the Bullyland Tyrannosaurus Rex, almost certainly he's still my favourite. I got him as a present on New Year's eve more than 10 years ago. He has seen everything, from being on the table next to me, probably even in my bed, to being in the basement. He fought and killed all dinosaurs I had at that time, several times, and those fights contributed to the missing paint, especially around his mouth. I consider refreshing it's paint but I don't know what kind of paint I need, though I'm a bit concerned that I may riun it because of my lack of exerience. :)

Halichoeres

Hadn't properly looked at this figure before. Can't wait to see what else you have in store!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mitko

I looked at him more like a toy than a figure that I should have taken care of. I'm afraid that my collection is not big and on top of that it's quite hard to find any dinosaur figures in our city apart from Schleich, which, personally, I don't like and I shall soon end up having nothing to show... New pics coming tomorrow!

PS: Oh, I tried to paint Rexy's teeth with correction fluid long ago, it didn't come out very good. :D

Libraraptor

I like toys and figures and personal storys connected to them. I´d like to see more and hear more stories about which figures mean much to you and why.

Mitko

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 06, 2015, 08:13:53 PM
...I´d like to see more and hear more stories about which figures mean much to you and why.

You will. :)

Mitko

Carnegie Tyrannosaurus Rex. The thing with this one is that long ago I saw a T.rex figure in a toy store and told my parents that I want it. They bought him instead of the one that I wanted and I was a bit disappointed when they gave him to me. In the beginning I took him with me but then I decided to leave him in our other house where we go on holiday. Until this year when I thought it's time for him to join my collection. :)

Mitko

WWD 3D 2013 Gorgosaurus
I felt through all blind bags in both of the toy shops offering them and I found only one, so I consider Gorgon rare. :D

Arul

Nice Mitko i love wwd mini gorgo its very customable for diorama :D yes wwd mini gorgo is hard to find if you never found it before because its in blind bag. But, once you got it it will be easier for you to identify which blind bag that have mini gorgo inside. First time i try my luck i only got 1 gorgo in 10 blind bag, guess what in second try i got so many mini wwd gorgo lol

Mitko

Thanks! I didn't find it difficult to distinguish Gorgon from the other figures, I was looking for a long straight tail and once I felt the head I knew it was him.

I'm planning to make a stand for him today and I'm also going to take some photos for the Diorama contest in the afternoon, probably, I will go for another round of pics next week. :)

Arul

Quote from: Mitko on September 13, 2015, 08:39:55 AM
Thanks! I didn't find it difficult to distinguish Gorgon from the other figures, I was looking for a long straight tail and once I felt the head I knew it was him.

Thats exactly what i do !  :)) have fun with you preparation for the contest and good luck  :)

Mitko

Thanks! You too have fun and good luck!

sauroid

nice figures Mitko. *thumbs up*
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Mitko

Hi!

It's been a very long time since I was for the last time, hasn't it? In fact, almost a year. The reason why is that I lost interest in dinosaurs, which is how it is most of the time. However, woth buying some new figures, my interest is sort of back...for now. :D

And here are some photos of my Papo T-rex:

Dilopho

Lovely figures! Lovely photos too!  ^-^
Tell me Mitko, do you only have Tyrannosaurs?  ???

Megalosaurus

Nice choice.
Papo makes pretty detailed toys. I like it a lot.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Mitko

Thank you, guys!
Dilopho, no, I have different ones, but I had only it with me when I was taking the pictures. :)

CollectA Metriacanthosaurus. I didn't know much about this dinosaur, except that it was a Jurassic mid-sized European theropod.  And now that I know more, I know it comes from England. When it came out I was not planning on getting it. Only recently did I decide to get it and having spent some time with it I have started to like it.

Dilopho

Hmmm.....that's a really nice figure! I don't like the base colour though, horrible bright yellow.

Mitko

No, it isn't bright yellow, it's more like dark yellow. Just phones's cameras kind of over-saturate(if that is what it's called) the colours. :)

Dilopho

Quote from: Mitko on September 15, 2016, 06:53:35 PM
No, it isn't bright yellow, it's more like dark yellow. Just phones's cameras kind of over-saturate(if that is what it's called) the colours. :)
Ah, I see!

Mitko

CollectA Irritator. Which I got this year and not 5 years ago when it came out, probably that's because I didn't know the company existed back then. It looks better than it looks both on the photos and in the CollectA's book.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: