News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Facebook, Twitter, Google+, & Mastodon

Started by DinoToyForum, May 07, 2012, 01:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

This is treading old ground for most of us, but for new members who may not know, the Dinosaur Toy Blog and Forum has a Facebook page run by Horridus and me: https://www.facebook.com/dinotoyblog

DinoToyForum

It had to happen eventually...
https://twitter.com/dinotoyblog

Follow us if you're a twitterer.  :)

DinoToyForum

DinoToyForum

I've found myself unable to keep our social media accounts up to date recently, which is lamentable because the blog is more active than it has ever been. To help remedy the situation, I wondered if any forum member with experience in social media, a little spare time, and good communication skills, might like to volunteer as an official dinotoyblog social media rep? It would involve posting/tweeting as new blogs are published, responding to questions/comments, that sort of thing. If anyone is interested in helping out, even if just for one platform, drop me a PM. Thanks!

DinoToyForum

Several members offered their services to assist with our social media after I put out my call for help a few weeks ago.

As a result, the first new member to join our 'social media team' is Amargasaurus cazaui, who is our new Facebook rep. Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it!

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 01, 2015, 02:00:15 PM
Several members offered their services to assist with our social media after I put out my call for help a few weeks ago.

As a result, the first new member to join our 'social media team' is Amargasaurus cazaui, who is our new Facebook rep. Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it!
One thing I wanted to add to the announcement for you reviewers....once you post a review, if it does not appear on the facebook page within 24 hours, feel free to message me a link and make sure I noticed it. I , like everyone else, do get busy sometimes, and I noticed I missed  a review recently . Alternatively if you want, once you post it you can also message a link to it immediately to make sure I notice it and get it up there quickly. Please feel free to do so, and if by chance I miss one, make sure and let me know, so I can get it done.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

I'm pleased to report that Halichoeres has taken on the role of Twitter rep! Welcome to the social media team Halichoeres and thanks for offering your services!

Halichoeres

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 27, 2015, 06:19:06 PM
I'm pleased to report that Halichoeres has taken on the role of Twitter rep! Welcome to the social media team Halichoeres and thanks for offering your services!

Thanks for having me! I promise to foul it up in every possible way!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 28, 2015, 04:08:06 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 27, 2015, 06:19:06 PM

Thanks for having me! I promise to foul it up in every possible way!
At least then we will be consistent on both Facebook and Twitter right?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

You've both done excellent jobs so far. :)

Libraraptor

It´s great to see the popularity of the blog grow! Thanks for spreading the dinotoy collecting memes!

DinoToyForum

I created a user group for social media reps so their names appear purple on the forum. They have access to a hidden social media board. :)

suspsy

Who's responsible for posting new reviews to the page? They've fallen way behind.

https://www.facebook.com/dinotoyblog/
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DinoToyForum

Quote from: suspsy on August 30, 2016, 12:18:15 PM
Who's responsible for posting new reviews to the page? They've fallen way behind.

https://www.facebook.com/dinotoyblog/

Horridus, who has essentially moved on and is no longer an active member of this forum or the Facebook page, and Amargasaurus.

We have a dedicated forum section for social media contributors, so I'll raise this there. Thanks!

DinoToyForum

We could do with some more assistance form any kind forum member interested in helping us to keep our Facebook page up to date with links to new Dinotoyblog reviews. Is anyone willing to offer their services as an official Dinotoyblog Facebook rep? Please drop me a PM if you think you can help. Thanks!  O:-)

DinoToyForum

Thanks to Horridus for a long stint as Facebook page admin. Today he relinquished his duties.

Now that he's moved on I'm looking for someone else to help. Are there any social media savvy volunteers out there willing to help support the dinotoyblog/forum?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on November 04, 2016, 11:47:49 PM
Thanks to Horridus for a long stint as Facebook page admin. Today he relinquished his duties.

Now that he's moved on I'm looking for someone else to help. Are there any social media savvy volunteers out there willing to help support the dinotoyblog/forum?

Anyone willing to donate some time helping to run the Dinosaur Toy Blog/Forum Favebook page?

DinoToyForum

Earlier this year Pachyrhinosaurus stepped up to assist with the Dinotoyblog Facebook page, but I forgot to publicly welcome him to the team. So, this is a belated "thank you" to him! Thanks for helping Amargasaurus cazaui and myself over the past few months, I hope you're willing to continue into the new year.  O:-)

Especially so, because today Amargasaurus cazaui retired from his position as a Dinotoyblog rep. So, thanks also go to him for helping to keep the Dinotoyblog Facebook page ticking along over the past few years!

With the departure of Amargasaurus, would anybody like to step into his shoes? It basically involves sharing new Dinotoyblog entries on the Facebook page. Does anyone out there keep up to date with the Dinotoyblog and log into Facebook on a regular basis?

---

Edit, by the way, the Google+ Dinotoyblog page is basically defunct. I think Google+ is basically defunct, no? :))

Minmiminime

I log into both, daily, at least once a day at present. I'd be happy to share new blog entries to the FB page for you ^-^
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

SBell

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 13, 2017, 03:33:46 PM
Earlier this year Pachyrhinosaurus stepped up to assist with the Dinotoyblog Facebook page, but I forgot to publicly welcome him to the team. So, this is a belated "thank you" to him! Thanks for helping Amargasaurus cazaui and myself over the past few months, I hope you're willing to continue into the new year.  O:-)

Especially so, because today Amargasaurus cazaui retired from his position as a Dinotoyblog rep. So, thanks also go to him for helping to keep the Dinotoyblog Facebook page ticking along over the past few years!

With the departure of Amargasaurus, would anybody like to step into his shoes? It basically involves sharing new Dinotoyblog entries on the Facebook page. Does anyone out there keep up to date with the Dinotoyblog and log into Facebook on a regular basis?

---

Edit, by the way, the Google+ Dinotoyblog page is basically defunct. I think Google+ is basically defunct, no? :))

I don't think they've admitted it...but yeah, no one remembers it exists. Pinterest is the place to be now!  :P

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: