News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnegie Collection by Safari Ltd

Started by Takama, May 08, 2012, 04:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: ARUL on November 12, 2014, 11:41:16 AM
Guys if the options is half accurate, accurate, very accurate for tylosaurus figure, what is it belong to ? Thank you :)

The Carnegie Tylosaurus is just about the most accurate one on the mass-produced market. The only flaw, in my eyes, is the lack of a tail fluke.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Arul

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on November 26, 2014, 02:00:09 PM
Quote from: ARUL on November 12, 2014, 11:41:16 AM
Guys if the options is half accurate, accurate, very accurate for tylosaurus figure, what is it belong to ? Thank you :)

The Carnegie Tylosaurus is just about the most accurate one on the mass-produced market. The only flaw, in my eyes, is the lack of a tail fluke.

Thx for the reply :) this figure is so rare in my country, until now i just know only 3 man who have this figure in my country, its just me not looking harder or i dont know  :P yeah carnegie tylosaurus is the most accurate figure until the new discovery said that mosasaur tail is fluke, but its still amazing  :D

CityRaptor

Science marches on. Still a beautiful figure.

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on November 26, 2014, 01:29:40 PM
Just got this from Japan the other day, has anyone seen this colour before?

Looks rather greenish...it's Battle Cat!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

laticauda

I loved Carnegie when I was a kid, which is why I have some loyality (or bias) toward Safari.  My current Carnegie collection with the exception of the original Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Pteranodon, Deinonychus, and my personal favorite Corythosaurus which are all MIA.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I remember seeing the Carnegie figures used in  kid's diorama..maybe in an issue of Ranger Rick? Had to be late 80's or early 90's. I wondered where he got such awesome dinosaur models and I wanted them too..lol

My grandmother found my first two at Walt Disney World..then I think a couple years later our local teacher's store carried them finally. I beefed up my early collection from that.  Then they quite selling them.  Took me forever to stumble across another local dealer. I think that was about the time the Dilophosaurus pair came out and the Maisaurus with separate nest.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I remember buying the majority of my Carnegie collection. In early 2011 I had less than ten, and bought all (but the green carno) of the current range that year. Since then, I've occasionally found some older models and variations on eBay. I'll  post my mountain here when I get home.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Gwangi

I remember having a small Carnegie collection in the early 90's. I was young so I only got them when people bought them for me. Needless to say they were the standouts in a collection mostly consisting of Imperial, AAA and other similar toys. These were REAL dinosaur toys, at a whole other level! Although my collection was small I had the Brachiosaurus which for it's size had to have been one of the more impressive toys a 9 year old boy could own. That Brachiosaurus; so massive and majestic! Still massive even today but maybe not quite as majestic.

Dinomike

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 06, 2014, 09:07:35 AM
The ones in the top are on sale, as well as the ones on the bottom. The middle ones are from my personal collection.

I have been thinking about getting these critters for weeks now. Will head to eBay now to see if you still have them on sale. I think their robust grace has finally won me over!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

laticauda

Around 1991-92, I used my paper route money (How dated am I) to buy comic books, cards, toys, and amazingly save.  A store near by started selling Carnegie dinosaurs, and I was amazed.  They didn't exactly fly off the shelf and I would save up and buy one once in awhile.  I wasn't a dinosaur collector back then, it just happened to be one of the many things that I was interested in.  Since I didn't have much money, I only would buy the ones that I thought looked cool.  I never treated them as toys, they looked to cool to be a toy.     

I am still picky today.  A couple of my old Carnegie's I rescued from a dollar bin at yard sales, (it just felt wrong to be used in a kids sandbox), but most of them I still consider great models.  I haven't bought any lately, since I haven't liked the look of the newer models.  For Example; Concavenator and Cryolophosaurus, I just can't get over their spread leg pose, (and I love the head on Concavenator).  They just look silly. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah Gwangi I think the old girl is still plenty majestic...I carried her everywhere when young by the neck..she fell off cliffs, waded through rivers and lakes, reared up and beat down predators..and kept going! lol She and the Stegosaurus are the old ones my grandmother bought me at Disney..I can't say how excited I was when she pulled her out of the suitcase.

I actually named my juvenile Brachiosaurus in the Park "Mary" for her in part because of that memory. 

Maybe one day I'll add an adult Brachio ..maybe like this:

Takama

Well i told my story once, and i shall tell it again

The canegi collection is the First Collectible Dinosaur line i ever heard of, and it was my old music teacher in Elementry school who introduced me (and her whole class,) to the line as the whole school would go through a Dinosaur Phase, and she have her Canegie Collection of Dinosaurs on here Desk.   She Claimed that she had the entire collection.  Later that year, when i got sick and taken to the doctor in a negboring town, i got to enter the source of here collection. It was a toy store called Imagine That Toyshop, and i loved it for they had a Carnegie Mountain on display with the figures unglued to it for free handling and purchase.  My Parent somehow knew that these were not your run of the mill Dinosaur Toys, in fact, they did not see them as toys at all, and were hesitant to buy me any of them.  But they did buy me one, and it was the Corythosaurus.

Eventually, i would get more of the Models, and i discovered that new ones were being released each year, so i notified my teacher, and she was surprised. The Carnegie Collection had become my foray into Dinosaur Collecting, as every time i go on vacation to a museum, i would always buy a few models if they were Carnegies.  In 2010, I grew an interest in buying some of the long retired models that my Teacher had. so I looked for places to buy them online. This is when i Discovered the Blog, and eventually this Forum.    Thanks to many members here, I now have all but one of the models that my Teacher had, as well as the ones that came afterwards.   

Arul

I wat to ask, what is the scale of carnegie tylosaurus ? 1:72 ?  :)

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 04, 2014, 04:03:23 AM
Ah Gwangi I think the old girl is still plenty majestic...I carried her everywhere when young by the neck..she fell off cliffs, waded through rivers and lakes, reared up and beat down predators..and kept going! lol She and the Stegosaurus are the old ones my grandmother bought me at Disney..I can't say how excited I was when she pulled her out of the suitcase.

I actually named my juvenile Brachiosaurus in the Park "Mary" for her in part because of that memory. 

Great story Blade, isn't it fun looking back? Part of the entire reason I collect these things. My Carnegie Brachiosaurus didn't go on as many adventures but out of all my dinosaur toys she was the one who I pretended was my "real pet dinosaur". Naturally in that scenario she was a hatchling!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on December 04, 2014, 02:20:45 PM

Great story Blade, isn't it fun looking back? Part of the entire reason I collect these things. My Carnegie Brachiosaurus didn't go on as many adventures but out of all my dinosaur toys she was the one who I pretended was my "real pet dinosaur". Naturally in that scenario she was a hatchling!

It sure is! Many pieces in my collection have such fond memories attached to them.  That's awesome! She's certainly big enough to be as far as us kids were concerned..lol  I remember setting up a "nest" in the woods and "finding " it myself. Kids today are so spoiled..if my mom had bought me one of those KOTA the Triceratops you pet, feed and ride I think I would have died from over excitement.  I had a fit one time thinking this sculpture of a baby Maiasaur in a magazine was real..I think I was around 6?

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 04, 2014, 05:01:35 PM

It sure is! Many pieces in my collection have such fond memories attached to them.  That's awesome! She's certainly big enough to be as far as us kids were concerned..lol  I remember setting up a "nest" in the woods and "finding " it myself. Kids today are so spoiled..if my mom had bought me one of those KOTA the Triceratops you pet, feed and ride I think I would have died from over excitement.  I had a fit one time thinking this sculpture of a baby Maiasaur in a magazine was real..I think I was around 6?

Oh yeah, I used to do all kinds of stuff like that and I can't wait to have my kid and go through it all again! But I agree, kids today got it good, for better or worse.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on December 04, 2014, 05:10:48 PM

Oh yeah, I used to do all kinds of stuff like that and I can't wait to have my kid and go through it all again! But I agree, kids today got it good, for better or worse.

That will be great to watch...heck participate in! You can go exploring with them to look for things you've setup ahead of time, tell stories, talk about fun memories!

I used to do similar things with the kids here til they got older..a walk in the woods can be so much fun. We tracked a dinosaur once, big areas with broken trees were where dinosaurs came through, rocks were pushed out of his way..they ate every morsel of the story. lol

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 04, 2014, 05:34:18 PM

That will be great to watch...heck participate in! You can go exploring with them to look for things you've setup ahead of time, tell stories, talk about fun memories!

I used to do similar things with the kids here til they got older..a walk in the woods can be so much fun. We tracked a dinosaur once, big areas with broken trees were where dinosaurs came through, rocks were pushed out of his way..they ate every morsel of the story. lol

That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I can't wait!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on December 04, 2014, 05:43:35 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 04, 2014, 05:34:18 PM

That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. I can't wait!

Just let your imagination take over and theirs will fall in line. ;)

Dinomike

My collection as of now. I'm tempted to get the new Velociraptor. I do also own the good old Brachiosaurus, the old Diplodocus as well as the Iguanodon. They are stored away though - im my childhood home:)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Oh, btw, the Diplo in my picture is my very first repaint. I wasn't too happy with the original paint. Of all the Carnegies I think the Carnotaurus, Spino and Miragaia are my favorites.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: