News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello and Thank You

Started by Rogue1stClass, September 23, 2015, 08:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue1stClass

I've known about the blog for a while, but I only recently came across the forum when I was looking for information about the new Battat line (coincidentally, the day Mr. LaRusso passed...)

Recently, for...reasons...I've decided to do my own versions of the animals from the MPC set I had as a kid back in the 70s. It's kind of an insane project since I'm not a sculptor or anything. My sole experience with anything like this modeling for wargames, and that was years ago. They are bigger and more modern, maybe even a little fanciful, than the MPC toys, and will be painted when I'm done. I've been doing this for weeks now, and I have three models completed, but only one fully painted, and I'm working on four more. The painted one is Struthiomimus, while the other two finished are Cynognathus and, er, Troodon, which, turns out, not part of the set. The ones I'm working on when I have time are Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Edmontosaurus, and the sloth.

Would this be something the forum would like to see/participate in/make fun of? I don't want to get into why I'm doing this or posting a bunch of pictures if not.

Patrx

Welcome, Rogue! That certainly sounds like an ambitious project. I, for one, would be intrigued to follow your progress. I grew up with what I'm pretty sure was a knockoff copy of an MPC dinosaur set. It'd be cool to see your take on them :)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Kayakasaurus

I would like to see your progress!
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Rogue1stClass

Thank you!

Here's the mimic. I should point out this is almost my first time using an airbrush...

I'm making these out of picture wire and epoxy putty, by the way.

Kayakasaurus

The paint and sculpt look good! Look forward to seeing more.
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Rogue1stClass

I started a thread in the Dinosaur Art section with a picture of everything I've done so far.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.