News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur toy forum diorama contest 2015 - poll

Started by DinoToyForum, September 28, 2015, 07:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to ten [10] dioramas

1. Velociraptor rampage
19 (9.7%)
2. The Little Red Riding Hood and Mr. Allosaurus
29 (14.8%)
3. Flight or fancy?
7 (3.6%)
4. Jurassic titans
78 (39.8%)
5. Maternal instincts
7 (3.6%)
6. Family of the forest
54 (27.6%)
7. This Triceratops ain't big enough for the both of us
11 (5.6%)
8. Uninvited guests
70 (35.7%)
9. Rearguard action
18 (9.2%)
10. Uphill battle
5 (2.6%)
11. Born to die
21 (10.7%)
12. Beyond coma and despair (countless days without water)
37 (18.9%)
13. Sushi!
14 (7.1%)
14. Something wicked this way comes
8 (4.1%)
15. Strategizing
17 (8.7%)
16. Last of the evening sun
51 (26%)
17. Eat this leaf son and you'll get stronger
4 (2%)
18. Hunting lesson
12 (6.1%)
19. The day Jimi HendRex couldn't find his guitar...
59 (30.1%)
20. Primeval disagreement
20 (10.2%)
21. The callous reaper
11 (5.6%)
22. Forgotten forest
16 (8.2%)
23. Startled by the vacuum cleaner
44 (22.4%)
24. The triumph of the skies
53 (27%)
25. Ferns for breakfast again
72 (36.7%)
26. Bite me!
0 (0%)
27. Ceratopsian scattering!
26 (13.3%)
28. The endgame
8 (4.1%)
29. Hard to swallow buffet
13 (6.6%)
30. Morning meal
4 (2%)
31. Waterhole trap
8 (4.1%)
32. The reckless Troodon
5 (2.6%)
33. Here comes trouble
49 (25%)
34. A southern meal to go
6 (3.1%)
35. Fight or flight
3 (1.5%)
36. Squabble
16 (8.2%)
37. Eye to eye
4 (2%)
38. Through stormy skies
24 (12.2%)
39. Raptors on the hunt
9 (4.6%)
40. Expedition archive photo #21, Central Africa, 1933
46 (23.5%)
41. T-Rex trouble
19 (9.7%)
42. The wild and the innocents
50 (25.5%)
43. Confronting the raging tyrants
4 (2%)
44. Do you tango? - Argentinian scene
16 (8.2%)
45. Sneaking predator
3 (1.5%)
46. King of the hill
10 (5.1%)
47. Blue lagoon
60 (30.6%)
48. Such a peaceful day
2 (1%)
49. Jurassic chaser
14 (7.1%)
50. Cretaceous clifftop call
31 (15.8%)
51. Nothing to me?
2 (1%)
52. Take me with you
42 (21.4%)
53. Triassica - the feast
11 (5.6%)
54. One for the road
19 (9.7%)
55. When hunger strikes you take risks
15 (7.7%)
56. Euh-ohplocephalus
1 (0.5%)
57. His domain/Triassic sunset
31 (15.8%)
58. Catch
20 (10.2%)
59. Please, Ms. Olorotitan. Do not judge a hadrosaur by the size of his crest
9 (4.6%)
60. Gardeners of the river
50 (25.5%)
61. Chinese chain reaction
30 (15.3%)
62. Let's fight!
3 (1.5%)
63. To go up or to go down? That is the cretacic question
8 (4.1%)
64. Terror stalks lakeside
14 (7.1%)
65. Get out of my tree!
6 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Voting closed: October 28, 2015, 06:50:17 PM

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Gwangi on October 04, 2015, 12:25:34 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 03, 2015, 05:17:47 PM
I've uploaded a new Youtube video to the Dinotoyblog channel showcasing all of the 2015 dioramas: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvRsk9fO3Ulf_-IICXzwgJw/videos

I know you're busy but are there any plans to do the other top 10 lists as videos? That's the only reason I personally stopped making the polls.

Yes, when I get the time, so do keep them coming. I locked a few such threads by members that weren't taking it seriously or following the guidelines, but that doesn't apply to your threads, which are always dedicated to generating exhaustive lists (before the poll is set up) and seeing things through to completion.

Gwangi

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 04, 2015, 12:53:38 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 04, 2015, 12:25:34 AM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 03, 2015, 05:17:47 PM
I've uploaded a new Youtube video to the Dinotoyblog channel showcasing all of the 2015 dioramas: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvRsk9fO3Ulf_-IICXzwgJw/videos

I know you're busy but are there any plans to do the other top 10 lists as videos? That's the only reason I personally stopped making the polls.

Yes, when I get the time, so do keep them coming. I locked a few such threads by members that weren't taking it seriously or following the guidelines, but that doesn't apply to your threads, which are always dedicated to generating exhaustive lists (before the poll is set up) and seeing things through to completion.

Good to know they're not forgotten and no pressure on getting them up, I totally understand. Glad you approve of my "method". I too found some of the other poll frustrating in that they didn't follow a similar format.

amargasaurus cazaui

I agree, I feel gwangi does the definitive poll, when he does them.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

100 voters! Here's how the votes break down after 100 voters.

The top three are not necessarily the same as before. That's it now for sneak peaks, the final results will be revealed when the poll ends! :) 

Silvanusaurus

Thats quite a smooth slope there. Very tantalising... its interesting that there are 2 consecutive ties after the leading one.

Neosodon

With 65 entries it's hard to just pick 10 you like. An idea I have for future polls is to rank each picture on a 1 to 10 point scale or something like that.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Arul

Hello Seismosaurus, our last year runner up ! :D are you join this year ? :)

Rain

Quote from: Arul on October 05, 2015, 08:30:08 AM

Reallllllllly off topic. But Arul, what figure is that in your picture? I've been looking for a high quality Indominus

Arul

Quote from: Rain on October 05, 2015, 12:06:16 PM
Quote from: Arul on October 05, 2015, 08:30:08 AM

Reallllllllly off topic. But Arul, what figure is that in your picture? I've been looking for a high quality Indominus

Haha sorry looks like its the very first post for Seismosaurus and i just want to say hi :P its a model made by Guilherme Bilinski Art, i found it on facebook. 37cm long and 14cm high, with diorama. Its only 30 copies so grab them fast :D

Sim

Your post wasn't off-topic Arul.  I think Rain meant their own post was off-topic.  I'm also curious if you entered this year Seismosaurus.  I really liked your diorama from last year's contest, it's one of the dioramas I voted for!

DinoToyForum

This is a reminder that the entries are kept anonymous to keep the voting process fair and unbiased. If contest participants solicit large numbers of votes through friends and family (or other means) then this undermines the voting process, and it is not allowed. It would therefore cause me to take action, such as disqualification. With this in mind, large numbers of 'new members' have recently joined to vote and I have noticed a suspicious pattern that I'll be investigating. If anyone is worried that they may have inadvertantly undermined the anonymous nature of the contest, I would greatly appreciate a PM or email from you so we can sort it out without me having to take action. Thanks! C:-)

Megalosaurus

May be votes should be allowed only to members active in the last 6 months, and/or members with 100+ posts.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

suspsy

Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 05, 2015, 08:36:36 PM
May be votes should be allowed only to members active in the last 6 months, and/or members with 100+ posts.

That doesn't sound fair at all. I'm totally against that.

I'm also deeply saddened by the prospect of people soliciting votes. I've entered the contest for the very first time. Only three people know which entry is mine: myself, my wife, and Adam. I'll be happy if the number of votes I receive is in the double digits, ecstatic for an honourable mention, floored by anything above that. This contest is supposed to be about fun, or at least that's how I understand it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

I also know which entry was yours, suspsy,because of one certain figure...  ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Concavenator on October 05, 2015, 10:29:48 PM
Right, I noticed that about a few entries myself.......they are somewhat obvious.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Simon

Quote from: suspsy on October 05, 2015, 08:58:01 PM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 05, 2015, 08:36:36 PM

That doesn't sound fair at all. I'm totally against that.

I'm also deeply saddened by the prospect of people soliciting votes. I've entered the contest for the very first time. Only three people know which entry is mine: myself, my wife, and Adam. I'll be happy if the number of votes I receive is in the double digits, ecstatic for an honourable mention, floored by anything above that. This contest is supposed to be about fun, or at least that's how I understand it.

Sounds like Dr. Admin is on to them.  So either they fess up or they will be disqualified (or he will simply disallow all votes from the brand new members who all voted for that certain entry). 

Good sleuthing Dr. Admin!

DinoG

Can't believe to what length people would go to win, even in a such amateurial and friendly contest. This just gives unnecessary extra work to Dr Admin. and jeopardize the very existence of the competition. If these suspects turn out to be true shame on you who tries to play all the rest of us for fools!
Run!

DinoToyForum

Let's not pass judgement just yet. There may be no foul play but I must investigate to be sure. :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 05, 2015, 10:39:51 PM
Right, I noticed that about a few entries myself.......they are somewhat obvious.

The contest can never be entirely anonymous because certain diorama makers have certain styles and so on. It is inevitable that we might work some out, but this is okay in moderation. Most of us will not let it influence our decision and will judge each diorama on its merits.

I also don't want to discourage genuine new members from joining, even if it is just to participate in the voting process.

suspsy

Then I hope you voted for it!

(Either way, don't tell me)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: