News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

the biggest surprise dino toy star for 2016

Started by DinoG, September 29, 2015, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

I would say that Schliech producing what appears to be a Triassic dinosaur is the biggest surprise so far. Emphasis on the "so far" bit. It's way too early to even have this thread yet. Why not start one for 2015? It's easier to discuss these things AFTER they've all been revealed.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Roselaar on October 12, 2015, 03:39:03 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on October 12, 2015, 03:30:36 PM
Actually, I´ve ggogled Papo Baryonyx and found a picture of it saying "Concept Papo Baryonyx figure"

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8294/7802070056_5f3e1279a3_b.jpg

That's a known custom, not an official figure.
Actually it's a photoshop edit.

CityRaptor

Quote from: SBell on October 12, 2015, 04:09:55 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on October 12, 2015, 03:56:29 PM
Looks like someone is spreading fake infos.

That's the second part of the internet! First, find information. Second, create informatiom where none exists! Have you seen the poor Carnegie Collection Wikipedia page? People are still updating and adding to it. It's almost sad.

Yes, that page needs to be protected. Saw something similar on a King Kong Wiki, where someone added pages called for something called "Kenny and the Lost World" and two sequels. I think there is even a Wiki for that kind of wishful thinking somewhere out there. Thus one should always check.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: Gwangi on October 12, 2015, 05:01:58 PM
I would say that Schliech producing what appears to be a Triassic dinosaur is the biggest surprise so far. Emphasis on the "so far" bit. It's way too early to even have this thread yet. Why not start one for 2015? It's easier to discuss these things AFTER they've all been revealed.

That WAS a surprise!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Shonisaurus

For me it is a surprise that a fish has taken place as the dunkleosteus Triassic. Within what the Schleich mark this figure is not bad and that having the articulated jaw.

Schleich was not very keen on making dinosaurs in what should be safe exotic, original and avant-garde exceptions. The same can say of kentrosaurus and pentaceratops.

From what I see now looks set to be a year less varied species of dinosaurs by toy companies. But I think it will be a surprise has with Collecta is its tenth anniversary. Collecta certainly surprising.

Megalosaurus

I LOVE CollectA's braveness to make oscure species and controversial models.
I HATE CollectA soft plastic used in their models wich is sure to warp.
So it will be a BIG surprice if CollectA changes its production materials. 
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on October 12, 2015, 06:39:28 PM
I LOVE CollectA's braveness to make oscure species and controversial models.
I HATE CollectA soft plastic used in their models wich is sure to warp.
So it will be a BIG surprice if CollectA changes its production materials.

Some dinosaurs Collecta are made of quite hard and brittle plastic eg Daeodon, deluxe Neovenator Paraceratherium or give examples. For example I have had the bitter experience of my Proceratosaurus and my baryonyx standard with a single drop of my shelves at a height of one meter sixty feet they go bankrupt and were chipped.

I understand that dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals to the company from my humble point of view are not bad figures. If made with soft materials it is because they are no longer intended (like the rest of dinosaur toy companies), especially for children to prevent them from accidents.

No longer mere toys. For example Sideshow company is making faces and good figures and is especially dedicated to a public fully adult.

This is my point of completely moot and evaluated by the forum view. I do not agree to make figures of prehistoric animals with rigid or semi-rigid plastic within the toy market as intended will not only collectors but also children.

Gwangi

Quote from: Concavenator on October 12, 2015, 06:13:28 PM
That thing is meant to be a Baryonyx.

A) We don't really know that.
B) It's clearly not a Baryonyx, no matter what they call it. You can call a chicken a duck but that doesn't make it so.

DinoG

I would be really disappointed if Papo released a "sailless" spinosaurus and pass it for baryonyx...I am expecting a totally new figure and please NO TRIPOD!!!!
Run!

LophoLeeVT

really thought that the baryonyx was original...
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

John

I did not expect to see a Struthiomimus turn up anytime soon,so the new one announced by CollectA was the biggest surprise for me. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

PaleoMatt

Gwangi

Quote from: John on November 14, 2015, 10:35:59 AM
I did not expect to see a Struthiomimus turn up anytime soon,so the new one announced by CollectA was the biggest surprise for me. :)

I agree, Struthiomimus and Beishanlong both are pleasant surprises. We're always lamenting the lack of ornithomimosaurian models and now we're getting two this year and they both look great.

Arul

In 2015 i didnt expected a feathered trex figure from a big company, like collecta. and next year collecta take feathered trex figure to the next level, Feathered trex corpse...how cool is that  :o

DinoG

So far beishanlong is in pole position for me, closely followed by dead Trex.....the ball is in your court now Papo!
Run!

Gwangi

Quote from: DinoG on November 14, 2015, 07:36:35 PM
So far beishanlong is in pole position for me, closely followed by dead Trex.....the ball is in your court now Papo!

If they're releasing a feathered Veociraptor they might just win this debate, provided it's properly feathered of course. I'm not banking on it being accurate which is why it will be a surprise if it is.

DinoG

Run!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: DinoG on November 14, 2015, 09:10:25 PM
Baryonix is what I am waiting for!

Amen to that!  I'm dying to see its prototype! 

LophoLeeVT

i looking forward to see it! i have almost all the papos but but as there are almost no good models of baryonyx i am looking forward. 
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: