News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New For 2016 pics on pg1

Started by Saurox, October 02, 2015, 03:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoMatt

OMG Thank god they changed the bary! I'm British so you know I love Baryonyx lol

Silvanusaurus

What amazes me about the Baryonyx is that it would fall backwards on it's tail and not forwards, with the sheer mass of its body that's suspended outward from it's legs to it's head... it looks like it's almost defying the laws of gravity when standing on it's two feet like that. I imagine it will be one of those situations where if you position it the tiniest fraction off from it's perfect balancing position, it'll be taking a swift trip downtown. Papo will have really pulled this thing out of the bag if it does manage to stand unsupported though... it doesn't even look as though they've over-sized the feet too much to help it out.

Halichoeres

I'm liking the Baryonyx more and more, definitely better than all the current versions on the market. Really digging the jowls.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

kreativtek

A few more images of Baryonyx, all courtesy of Papo Korea.

MLMjp

I forget to say something about the other figures.

Kaprosuchus looks good, but I´m still not interested on it. Although I find curious that it has a moveable upper jaw.

I really like the paint on the head of the T.rex repaint, the rest of the body is nice but the yellow feels a little bit odd. But overall I think the colors are better done here than in the standing one. I´m really looking forward to this one, but I first need to see more of it before confirming my purchase.

Is it me or the "Charlie" raptor does not look like...well....Charlie. Where is the green??? This looks more like the first papo raptor. Also, what a disappointment about the lack of pictures of the feathered raptor, because that could confirm us that it is a Velociraptor and not other dromaeosaur.

Dilopho

Quote from: MLMjp on January 25, 2016, 06:30:13 PM
Kaprosuchus looks good, but I´m still not interested on it. Although I find curious that it has a moveable upper jaw.
That's because crocodiles only move their upper jaw!

MLMjp

Quote from: Dilopho on January 25, 2016, 06:36:44 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on January 25, 2016, 06:30:13 PM

How curious, thanks for the information.

Dilopho

Quote from: MLMjp on January 25, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
How curious, thanks for the information.
Crocodilians use this to their advantage. Since they can just slam their jaws down.
They have next to no opening power- you can literally hold their jaws shut.

For example, this tiny crab has just overpowered the alligator by holding his jaws shut. They can't open them with any force. However, this mean that the force from the bite itself is HUGE. BONE-CRUSHING. The American Alligator almost has a bite force equivalent to T. rex. Which is why this crab learned its lesson.

suspsy

The underbite is unfortunate, but overall, I think I'll enjoy the Baryonyx. It makes the Spinosaurus look like an even bigger piece of garbage. I really like the Kaprosuchus as well.

Sure wish we could see some size comparison photos.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Gwangi

Papo has really outdone themselves this year with all three models. I was skeptical of the Baryonyx at first but these photos ease my worries. This is a must have and along with the new Velociraptor this is probably the best theropod they've ever made. Easily the best Bary you'll find on the market. The head sculpt alone looks fantastic.

Concavenator

I still don' t like the Baryonyz,because it doesn't look lime a Baryonyx,it looks like a monster.

stargatedalek

They really had a great modern year too, some nice arachnid must haves!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: kreativtek on January 25, 2016, 06:21:16 PM

Darn... accurate or not, the head sculpt on this thing is mind-blowing.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Dilopho on January 25, 2016, 06:36:44 PM

That isn't true crocodiles, alligators, caimans most definitely can move their lower jaw. While it is true they have very little opening power the closing muscles are anchored in the skull and the lower jaw can slam shut with full force. Just watch the video below at 0.25 and 2.27 and you will see it is the lower jaw doing all the work. I had a Spectacled Caiman when I was young and have first hand experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kogAaRm314U

Rain

A
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on January 25, 2016, 08:34:57 PM
Quote from: kreativtek on January 25, 2016, 06:21:16 PM

Darn... accurate or not, the head sculpt on this thing is mind-blowing.

Agreed, I'm really liking the color scheme as well, grey and dull with fiery orange highlights.

Also am I the only one who thinks this figure doesnt really.. well  look "papo esque" ? The style and detail just looks a lot better than what Papo's other figures

Viking Spawn

Thanks to POP of FAN, these images are great news!  I was so concerned for the new Papo Baryonyx, but not no more!

Here are his amazing images!  I thought I post them so they would catch everyone's attention even more so!  ;)

Viking Spawn

Wonderful photos courtesy of POP of FAN!

Viking Spawn

More awesome photos courtesy of POP of FAN!!!

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: