News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - new for 2016

Started by tyrantqueen, October 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 14, 2015, 01:12:58 PM
Quote from: TE Matt on October 10, 2015, 07:26:32 PM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 10, 2015, 07:25:11 PM
I completely understand why everyone dislikes these... but I actually quite like them, more so than alot of previous Schleichs.
However, that Baryonyx is very disappointing, i was hoping it would be a larger scale. Its a Baryonyx, right?

I believe it's baryonyx and I quite like them too :)

We work quite closely with Schleich (Everything Dinosaur) and according to our notes it is a Herrerasaurus, we will post up more complete information on the first half year plans of Schleich on our blog and social media probably next week.

Hi Everything Dinosaur, the part I've bolded in Silvanusaurus's post makes me think he was asking if the mini theropod is a Baryonyx.  It sounds like you're saying the larger toy is a Herrerasaurus.  Regarding the latter, this was posted earlier in this thread:
Quote from: Takama on October 11, 2015, 10:13:53 AM
Just Talked to Everything Dinosaur and this is what they had to say

QuoteThe official line is that this is a Baryonyx but it could change as last year's Pentaceratops was referred to a as Triceratops for six months prior to launch.  We believe this is Baryonyx, one of two new Baryonyx figures from the majors in 2016.
I'm pretty sure Takama was asking about the larger toy.  So is the larger toy a Herrerasaurus?  And is the mini toy a Baryonyx?

Jetoar

Dunkleosteus is really beautiful and the other figures I will give my opinion when I have then in my hands. Schleich is not the best in photographs.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Shonisaurus

I put my hand in the fire that has dunkleosteus articulated jaw.

Concavenator

The Dunkleosteus is decent,but what's with all those scutes on the sides?The others are  pure crap:unrealistic colors,inaccurate...And that Dimetrodon...I don't even know how they haven't got sued yet.

tyrantqueen

Why would they be sued? It is not a direct copy of the Papo mold. There's a resemblance yes, but you cannot take legal action on just that. Plus the Papo is arguably copied from another piece of artwork.

Also, it is really necessary to call something "pure crap"? I thought we were making an effort to be less harsh. If you made a comment like that on the Rebor thread...well, we wouldn't hear the end of it.

How are the colours unrealistic? We don't even know what colours most of them were.

This is coming from someone who doesn't like any of these Schleichs btw.

Shonisaurus

The truth is that you can make constructive criticism. I know Schleich is a right company, unlike other aggressors.

We may like or dislike the dinosaurs of a particular company, but from my point of view should not be insulting or disqualify them cruelly.

tyrantqueen

Right. If we have a rule for not "bullying" one company, it should apply to all companies. Rebor are not special, despite what people might think. Nor are Papo or any other company. Even though Schleich is a massive conglomeration, there is still a person behind the sculpts. They don't deserve to have their work called "pure crap".

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on October 15, 2015, 03:52:51 PM
The Dunkleosteus is decent,but what's with all those scutes on the sides?[...]

I think they took inspiration from sturgeon.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

sauroid

im still trying to like the Dunk, but it doesnt look like a "living" fish, looks more like a figure of a Dunkleosteus carcass.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Shonisaurus

Although dunkleosteus Schleich is perhaps the best figure this year (perhaps only by far), the dunkleosteus Safari is superior in beauty.

Gwangi

The Dunkleosteus does indeed have a very sturgeon-like feel. From the scutes along the side, to the color. That's partly why I like it so much!

DC

Quote from: sauroid on October 10, 2015, 09:06:57 PM
wish the Dunk wasnt grey. looks like The Swimming Dead ancient fish

I really like that and I may quote you in PT.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

DC

I like the dimorphodon. The Dunk looks like it was taken from Burien / public domain art.  I like the puzzles also fun idea.

DC

Quote from: SBell on October 10, 2015, 10:43:28 PM
Quote from: sauroid on October 10, 2015, 07:37:34 PM
that Ichthyosaur looks vaguely familiar.

It looks like the weird little Chap Mei ichtyosaur.

As for the rest...well, so much for remembering how well Schleich made non-dino reptiles. That Dimetrodon is both a poor cousin of the Papo (one of the few of theirs that I like) and still not up to the Carnegie.

And the Dunkleosteus clearly doesn't measure up to the Safari. Or the Favorite.

Chap Mei is what jumped into my mind for the Diloposaurus

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has been putting together a series of articles based on the plans for the Prehistoric Animal models made by Schleich for 2016.  In these articles, we show exclusive pics and reveal details of the models, those we are allowed to anyway, as there is more to come from Schleich in 2016, more than people currently think.

What we are putting together is a sort of guide to what we know, it is not definitive but we do explain in the article our reasons for not publishing we would love to tell forum members exactly what to expect next year, but we respect Schleich's request to keep things confidential for a while longer.  We work closely with Schleich and this is the best information regarding the first part of Schleich's plans we have at the moment.

In the first of these articles we discuss plans for the Schleich Mini Dinosaurs range for 2016, the range is being increased to sixteen, whether or not all the models will be available individually has yet to be determined.

Here's the article: New Schleich Models for 2016 (Part 1)

Hope this helps, more articles will be posted up soon, we would suggest you either visit our blog site or Facebook page as these are places where the information (including model retirements will definitely be posted).

Everything Dinosaur Blog:Everything Dinosaur Blog

Everything Dinosaur Facebook: Everything Dinosaur on Facebook (feel free to give our Facebook page a like, that would be nice).

Everything_Dinosaur

For an explanation regarding the identity of all sixteen of the mini dinosaurs check out our blog article which focuses on the Schleich Minis, here you will find much more information about Schleich's plans for the early part of 2016 and an identity check of all the Schleich minis: Schleich 2016 (part 1)

This is part 1 of a series of articles we have played which map out Schleich's plans for the first six months or so of 2016.  We will confirm the identity of other models in other ranges in these subsequent articles.

Halichoeres

Thanks for the information, Everything_Dinosaur!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Everything_Dinosaur

You are most welcome, we will post up more information on Schleich very shortly on our blog and Facebook page.

Shonisaurus

I guess everything dunkleosteus dinosaur that has articulated jaw.

I am sure one hundred percent.

Thanks for all the information you bring us. I am also interested in news from other companies like Collecta.

At least I would know when we will hear the latest news 2016 if only the list of prehistoric creatures? Will there be new or improved reissues of prehistoric mammals like the Paraceratherium?

I am eager to know more about all the new 2016.

Plasticbeast95

Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 17, 2015, 06:09:44 PM
I guess everything dunkleosteus dinosaur that has articulated jaw.

I am sure one hundred percent.

Thanks for all the information you bring us. I am also interested in news from other companies like Collecta.

At least I would know when we will hear the latest news 2016 if only the list of prehistoric creatures? Will there be new or improved reissues of prehistoric mammals like the Paraceratherium?

I am eager to know more about all the new 2016.

Oh, I must be behind in paleonews, when did Dunk get reclassified as a Dinosaur? lol.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: