News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2016

Started by Fluffysaurus, October 14, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

What scale did the Amebeldon and the Giant Ground Sloth work out to again?

Dinoguy2

These all look great! I'm actually most excited about the reissued mammals. The doedicurus is epic, I was always disappointed I missed it. Anybody know the scale of the reissues?

And just to add to the speculation, I wonder if the green one is meant to be Elaphrosaurus, reconstructed as more noasaurid like rather than Limusaurus like...? The long neck makes it look more like classic depictions of Elaphrosaurus than classic Masoakosaurus.

Update: here are some close ups from the electronic version of PT, a little higher res. What I first thought was an eye on the white and brown figure is actually the ear, so I agree it's a sauropod, and specifically looks like Shunosaurus.

The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Sim

Thanks for the close ups Dinoguy2!  Now my guesses for the 5 new figures are: Masiakasaurus, Shunosaurus, Iguanodon, Carcharodontosaurus and Dakosaurus maximus.

Doug Watson

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 17, 2015, 04:31:49 AM

Scaling from my production samples:
Amebelodon: 10 feet at shoulder = 1:40 scale
Megatherium: 20 feet long = 1:44 scale

suspsy

Well, three more days till identity confirmation.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 17, 2015, 03:00:32 PM

Hooray! :D I'll have to get these as well.

Doug Watson

Just to stir the pot I think I can say that the identities of four of them have been mentioned fairly often with at least one person nailing them dead on, but one of them has only been named correctly once. >:D

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 17, 2015, 03:00:32 PM

Yay! Thanks Doug!

Shonisaurus

Needed in the toy market one Masiakasaurus moreover possible Dakosaurus looks beautiful.

Now there are two and a half days for the wait.

ItsTwentyBelow

So did I miss something, or are we for sure not getting a sixth, currently unknown, figure?

Does nobody want to comment on my speculative post about a possible large, 1:40 sauropod that could have an entire page to itself that we just haven't seen yet?

Dream a little dream with me here, guys.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on October 17, 2015, 05:05:52 PM
So did I miss something, or are we for sure not getting a sixth, currently unknown, figure?

Does nobody want to comment on my speculative post about a possible large, 1:40 sauropod that could have an entire page to itself that we just haven't seen yet?

Dream a little dream with me here, guys.
I have to admit, I would love a nice figure of some species of titanosaur, maybe Alamosaurus?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 17, 2015, 04:38:11 PM
Just to stir the pot I think I can say that the identities of four of them have been mentioned fairly often with at least one person nailing them dead on, but one of them has only been named correctly once. >:D

Oh, the suspense! I don't think I can make it three more days ;D
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Sim on October 17, 2015, 02:40:31 PM
Thanks for the close ups Dinoguy2!  Now my guesses for the 5 new figures are: Masiakasaurus, Shunosaurus, Iguanodon, Carcharodontosaurus and Dakosaurus maximus.
Based on Doug's pot-stirring, I think you were right the first time...

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on October 17, 2015, 03:36:50 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and throw a curveball at this conversation, and speculate that the reason we have not yet seen a preview of an assumed sixth figure is because it's a more or less 1:40 scale sculpt of a hefty sauropod, and it takes up a whole page in the promo photos.

Honestly, nothing would make me happier. That would explain the absence from this ad.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

I still think the sixth toy will be a ceratopsian.

I also think that metriorhynchid is something other than Dakosaurus. The latter was nicknamed 'Godzilla' on account of its boxy head.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: suspsy on October 17, 2015, 07:44:18 PM

I also think that metriorhynchid is something other than Dakosaurus. The latter was nicknamed 'Godzilla' on account of its boxy head.
I still think it is Geosaurus.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: suspsy on October 17, 2015, 07:44:18 PM

I'm guessing Geosaurus (top, Dakosaurus at bottom):

It's larger than Dakosaurus, the limb proportions match better, the skull is about right, and it's only been mentioned once in this thread ;)

And the ridge on the snout of the big theropod does look a bit like that of Neovenator...

suspsy

Geosaurus strikes me as very plausible. Can't wait to find out!

Shonisaurus

I would like the mysterious dinosaur was the eniosaurus.

Concavenator

We don't even know if a sixth model will be released.Weird that it didn't appear on the picture.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Concavenator on October 17, 2015, 08:19:52 PM
We don't even know if a sixth model will be released.Weird that it didn't appear on the picture.
We do know, it was confirmed by Safari.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: