News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2016

Started by Fluffysaurus, October 14, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Gwangi on October 27, 2015, 01:05:43 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on October 27, 2015, 12:07:31 AM
What we need is a TV show called My Little Hadrosaur. Then maybe we can get more ornithopod toys.

Yeah, but they'll look like "My Little Pony" versions of hadrosaurs and I don't think anyone wants that.

Honestly? I wouldn't buy the toys, but I'd be happy just for the fact that there was another dinosaur cartoon on TV.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

If Forest Rogers made a Carcharodontosaurus *sigh*....

Halichoeres

What we need is a TV show called My Little Hadrosaur. Then maybe we can get more ornithopod toys.

Yeah, but they'll look like "My Little Pony" versions of hadrosaurs and I don't think anyone wants that.

Right, sure, I wouldn't want them either, but I guess I'm hoping that it would promote ornithopod popularity in general. Get 'em on people's radar.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

I dont know if people really give a darn about these magnificent creatures. :'(

Disneys Dinosaur Stared An Ornithopod, and people are still not crazy for them.

Gwangi

Quote from: suspsy on October 27, 2015, 01:22:24 AM

Honestly? I wouldn't buy the toys, but I'd be happy just for the fact that there was another dinosaur cartoon on TV.

Can't argue with that!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Takama on October 27, 2015, 01:32:00 AM
I dont know if people really give a darn about these magnificent creatures. :'(

Disneys Dinosaur Stared An Ornithopod, and people are still not crazy for them.

Well, Disneysaur was a terrible movie and not exactly well recieved. It also stared a bunch of horse-faced freaks thanks to executive meddling.

I also don't think that "My little Hadrosaur" would really promote Ornithopods. Rather it would promote the stylized designs.
Does this look like a horse to you?

Although I have to admit that it looks a lot better than some other Furries, like Sonic, Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse etc.  Hadrosaurs in that style would also likely look better than the upcoming Pixarsaur.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

let's face it, only hardcore dino lovers like us would avidly buy Ornithopod figures. the general public, nah...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tyrantqueen

Yuck, Bugs Bunny and Mickey Mouse look a thousand times better than that My Little Pony thing.

stargatedalek

All are deliberately stylized, but regardless of which I prefer (Loony Tunes by a long shot) I will say that the MLP designs do resemble actual ponies notably more than Bugs Bunny does a rabbit.

Sonic though *thinks of majority of that fanbase and shudders*.

Back on topic, all of these are very nice but I'm not sure I'll get any besides the crocodile, just not enough feathered species for me ;)

suspsy

So Doug Watson, are you able to comment on why Safari Ltd's Facebook page claimed awhile back that there would be six prehistoric figures this year when in fact there are five?

Doug Watson

Quote from: suspsy on October 27, 2015, 01:20:08 PM
So Doug Watson, are you able to comment on why Safari Ltd's Facebook page claimed awhile back that there would be six prehistoric figures this year when in fact there are five?

All I can say is I only did five, sometimes they get someone else to do some like the Megalodon, Ammonite or Guanlong but I believe five is it for this year, plus the reissued mammals. I also did a bunch of extant animals for the other lines.

suspsy

Thanks. One less toy is admittedly disappointing, but the five that we're getting all look spectacular. And it's a little money saved. :)

I guess it was a miscommunication then. Oh well. What extant animals did you do?

stargatedalek

I'm not sure if Doug can reveal that just yet, as not all of the extant animals have been revealed for this year.

Doug Watson

Quote from: stargatedalek on October 27, 2015, 02:26:53 PM
I'm not sure if Doug can reveal that just yet, as not all of the extant animals have been revealed for this year.

That's correct.

sauroid

as an extant animal figures collector myself, im also excited to know.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

KeU

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 27, 2015, 01:27:31 AM

It would be pretty similar to her Giganotosaurus no?
Just different skull.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: KeU on October 27, 2015, 03:22:07 PM

Just different skull.
Sounds good to me.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Doug Watson on October 27, 2015, 02:42:49 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on October 27, 2015, 02:26:53 PM

That's correct.

did you sculpt any of the fantasy/mythology creatures? I like some of those.

Concavenator

The Plesiosuchus will be available in two weeks time,according to Safari.

KeU

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 27, 2015, 05:57:36 PM
Quote from: KeU on October 27, 2015, 03:22:07 PM
Just different skull.
Sounds good to me.

I fully agree. Can't say no to more giant Theropod figures. Especially if it's by Rogers, Watson or Seo.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: