News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2016

Started by Fluffysaurus, October 14, 2015, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Quote from: suspsy on October 14, 2015, 08:16:27 PM
It's definitely a metriorhynchid, but the head in that photo doesn't look wide enough for Dakosaurus:

But we shall see!
Could it possibly be Geosaurus?

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Takama

ED said that they will Unveil more information on the new Safaris on the 20th of October.

This means they will confirm the names of all the animals, and we can all stop our guessing >:D

sauroid

that is still five days away. and this guessing game is fun so let em enjoy.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Quote from: Takama on October 15, 2015, 04:44:02 AM
I took a closer look at the larger theropod.  It's snout looks long,  I wonder if it's a Torvosaurus

Another possibility is the much-overlooked Mapusaurus. Bring on October 20!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

EmperorDinobot

Not too happy about the Masiakasaurus from the preview. I'm most interested in that.

Mr. Challenger

Woooow! These looks really interesting and promising. I think that I like all of them, at least the part that I see in the picture.

Arul

Is this really serious ? i hope there will be more. If thats the final announce, last year safari done much better job..

amargasaurus cazaui

That theropod in green for me sure is suggestive of Herrerasaurus...and the one people think is a sauropod looks to be feathered to me at least..with short downy looking feathers....like you would find on a basal ornischian
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Sim

Just for fun, my guesses for the new figures in the image are: Masiakasaurus, Shunosaurus, Iguanodon, Neovenator and Suchodus.

Shonisaurus

For Masiakasaurus end. I think there is still no toy company that has made this dinosaur.

Concavenator

The big theropod is definteley a Carcharodontosaurus.Carmegie did a Giganotosaurus not so many
years ago.And the sauropod surely is Brachytrachelopan.

MLMjp

Quote from: Concavenator on October 15, 2015, 03:50:12 PM
The big theropod is definteley a Carcharodontosaurus.Carmegie did a Giganotosaurus not so many

I don't think we can be 100% sure, besides, for me it seems very weird that safari releases such an obscure sauropod ( I didn't even knew about it´s existence!!)
We will see on 20 October

suspsy

Quote from: MLMjp on October 15, 2015, 04:01:01 PM

I don't think we can be 100% sure, besides, for me it seems very weird that safari releases such an obscure sauropod ( I didn't even knew about it´s existence!!)

So what? Wild Safari has released a number of relatively obscure dinosaurs over the years.

suspsy

Also, I hope Tuesday's news includes the mystery sixth toy.

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on October 15, 2015, 04:24:14 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on October 15, 2015, 04:01:01 PM

So what? Wild Safari has released a number of relatively obscure dinosaurs over the years.
Lets say that between obscure species, some are more obscure than others. for example, there´s opisthocoelicaudia, there´s lusotitan and there are some like this one.
Although I could be wrong with my statements.
One thing that also seems weird is the front legs of the figure, for me they look like thick hadrosaur legs :o

Alexxitator

An iguanodon, an iguanodon, an iguanodon!
*starts to sing and happily jumps on the couch*
^-^
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

darth daniel

Looking at a drawing of Brachytrachelopan´s skeleton, I doubt it could raise the head as high as the new Safari figure does. The body proportions also don´t match, the figure is missing the high ridge along the back. Judging from the accuracy of Doug Watson´s previous figures, I doubt he would miss those details.
I still believe (and hope) it is a Shunosaurus, but could it be a Magyarosaurus or Lirainosaurus?

Shonisaurus

Be it at first but I think this year as usual dinosaurs and prehistoric animals Safari (metryorhynchidae Dakosaurus ¿?) Is small.

Needless to say, that does not stop them as dinosaur toys always be luxury and first quality.

If one has the megatherium Safari which was a larger medium-small size compared to the theropod dinosaur and perhaps indicates that it will not be very large.

But we must also say that it is better be done to a certain scale and I especially love their realistic colors.

suspsy

You know what I love about this guessing game? No matter who turns out to be right or wrong, everyone wins! :)

Takama

I am confident that One of them is a Shunosaurus.  Its been rumored for years (thanks to me). Either way, there no doubt in my mind that its a sauropod, which is something i want safari to make more of for there Wild Safari line.

I must say, this year has almost Everything i wanted. A Obscure Small species, a Sauropod, an Ornithopod, and possibly a remake of a model that's long been retired (assuming that the Big Theropod is Carcharodontosaurus).   The only thing that would make this year a Blast for me, is if they did another armored Dinosaur, or if the new Ceratopsian is a small one.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: