News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur can exclusively reveal the first of the new for 2016 dinosaur models from CollectA. [This post being updated by Dinotoyforum as new figures are revealed  C:-) ]

Metriacanthosaurus

Feathered T. rex hunting

Feathered T. rex corpse

Mecuriceratops.

Beishanlong

Lythronax

Struthiomimus

Torvosaurus gurneyi

Thalassomedon

Updated Deinocheirus Model

Andrewsarchus

Here is the link to the article that shows the pics and gives a bit more detail: First Look at New for 2016 CollectA Dinosaurs

tyrantqueen

The dead Tyrannosaurus is a cool idea. Not really interested in the others, but I like the new feathered Tyrannosaurus and I think it will make a good mate for the deluxe feathered T. rex.

CollectA is once again leading the pack in terms of innovation.

Simon

Collecta continues to lap the field .... as I prophesied on these boards in 2009, that Collecta would established itself as the gold standard in dino models in the near future ... its good to be right ....  ;D ;D ;D

CityRaptor

Oh, dead Tyrannosaurus! About time we get a dead Theropod and then it is the King itself!

Although it should be noted that they have 4 featheres Tyrannosaurus: Baby, the one from this year and now those two upcoming.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Everything_Dinosaur

True, four feathered T. rex, we will amend the article accordingly.  We forgot, having to write at 6am had something to do with it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

They;re pretty cool and I'll get em' but I hope the Deluxes are really awesome!

sauroid

whoah! awesome! how many figures should we expect from CollectA for 2016?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Everything_Dinosaur

We know, but can't reveal all just for the moment, however, we will post up more news and pics at the end of next week.  Check out Everything Dinosaur on Facebook and our blog for the information, it will get posted up soon we promise.

Rain

That hunting rex looks amazing, a lot better than the original IMO. But it looks like it'd have leaning issues after a while, unfortunately.

Dobber

Absolutely fabulous! Thanks for posting the pictures!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

suspsy

Well, well.

CollectA certainly knows how to milk a popular dinosaur. That Hunting T. rex looks superb, although 24 cm sounds like it might be too small to be a proper mate for Firestreak. 

And wowsers, a DELUXE dead dinosaur! The pathologies look fantastic, although as I've noted with the previous two corpses, I wish there was some evidence that the killer(s) took some damage as well. In this case, a  bloodstained mouth would have added more to the story. And given how large the toy is going to be, I'm not sure I'll be able to get away with buying it. My wife hates gore with a passion. At the very least, I won't be allowed to keep this T. rex anywhere she can see it!

The Metriacanthosaurus is a cool choice, looks very nice. I'm rather indifferent to the Mercuriceratops. I'll buy it, of course, but there are so many other ceratopsians I'm much more fond of. And I know a few fans will be peeved about the quills. 

Can't wait to see what else is in store! :)

UPDATE: I just showed the dead rex to my wife. She let out a big "EWWWW!" and told me not to get it! ;)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

pylraster

Three feathered rexes by Collecta! This makes my heart sing.

ChubbyTaco

These are the photos from everything dinosaur blog.That is cool. 8)

tyrantqueen

Gruesome theme for a diorama: having the dead Tyrannosaurus be a meal for the deluxe feathered rex and the smaller hunting (female?) feathered rex, much like how Stumpy and Tinkerbelle ate Jack Palance when he died.

sauroid

the Metriacanthosaurus is awesome, as well the two rexes. the Chasmosaur looks kinda off though.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

empire3569

That hunting T rex looks awesome, I like it better than this year's sculpt. Looks very dynamic and life-like

Sim

Just saw this topic!  One thought I have is that I don't like completely black eyes on prehistoric animal figures, but I think they can work if they aren't overused.  CollectA has been giving their figures black eyes so often it's made these eyes so boring.  I think their figures would look better if they added some colour to the eyes.  This is one of a number of reasons why I don't think of CollectA as a "gold standard".  Other reasons include regular anatomical inaccuracies, shrink wrapping of theropod heads and alterations to theropod anatomy to try to keep them standing (like the hips).

I also find the colour schemes of these new CollectA figures really underwhelming.

triceratops83

At least Collecta hasn't failed to deliver a ceratopsian. I can't wait to see the rest though!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

SpartanSquat

I dont know why but not impressed, well this t-rex looks better than the feathered one in person. I dont usually collect Collecta but some figures i previous years took my attention, but this no
I hope we will have more.

Gwangi

I'm excited about the hunting T. rex and Metriacanthosaurus but I don't collect the corpses (as cool as they are) and I've never been a big fan of CollectA ceratopsians. Safari and Battat make ceratopsians that blow all the ones by CollectA out of the water. It is a cool choice for a ceratopsian though.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: