News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Awesome to see the first few figures for 2016, and they are fabulous !
That dead T-Rex is just amazing, total out of the ordinary and very original , not to mention brave to choose the king himself as the victim .
Very exciting first glimpses .
Really love the new ceratopsian . I'm glad they are releasing one.
I'm hope there would be a cool sauropods for next year.
Can't wait to the second wave!
Collecta have definitely matured and it's been a great pleasure watching them grow up.

tanystropheus

Very impressed with CollectA 2016 offerings.
Dead T-rex is pretty unique. I like the way it looks all twisted and stuff.
Great to see a wholly distinct sculpt for the Ceratopsian.
Nice, naturalistic colors, overall (CollectA, is this really you?)

Arul

Dead feathered trex got a lot of attention here, not only feathered trex but a dead feathered trex, nice innovation collecta ! We can expect dead new version spinosaurus in future

darth daniel

The Metriacanthosaurus looks excellent, the only thing I don´t like about it are the random dark dots, they look like cheap airbrushing.

The dead Tyrannosaurus certainly is a surprise, and it looks awesome. Given the size of the wounds, I would expect more blood on its fur though, and blood coming from the mouth would have been a nice touch as well.

I hope one of the next waves will reveal a deluxe (alive) sauropod...

postsaurischian

Quote from: darth daniel on November 07, 2015, 09:35:50 AM
The Metriacanthosaurus looks excellent, the only thing I don´t like about it are the random dark dots, they look like cheap airbrushing.

I agree, but for CollectA's paintjob standards this is a really good one.
I like the new Metriacanthosaurus and the (living) Tyrannosaurus, which needs a re-paint again.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Freshly dead is cool.but I wouldn't mind some older desiccated corpses/mummy-like.  Of course I suppose I could just make my own..lol

suspsy

I'm actually more excited about the prehistoric mammals and the sea monsters than the rest of the dinosaurs. Fingers crossed for Megatherium and Basilosaurus!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Shonisaurus

I certainly crossed fingers for Uintatherium or elasmotherium. They are very dark prehistoric mammals.

suspsy

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 07, 2015, 02:41:00 PM
I certainly crossed fingers for Uintatherium or elasmotherium. They are very dark prehistoric mammals.

Those two would also be most welcome. :)

Silvanusaurus

I like their interesting choices, and i'm happy to be getting a new British theropod, but these like most CollectA figures just don't capture my imagination... there's something I find very bland about the look of their dinosaurs, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. Maybe just a combination of flat paint work, dead eyes, and a sort of 'clean' sterility... maybe it's just me.

sauroid

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on November 08, 2015, 09:15:31 AM
I like their interesting choices, and i'm happy to be getting a new British theropod, but these like most CollectA figures just don't capture my imagination... there's something I find very bland about the look of their dinosaurs, but I'm not sure exactly what it is. Maybe just a combination of flat paint work, dead eyes, and a sort of 'clean' sterility... maybe it's just me.
yes, their paint job and the eyes are the very things that ruin their otherwise very good figures.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

DinoG

They now have a family of feathered trex, plus a dead one.It gets more and more interesting.
Run!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

So Collecta is announcing their new stuff in waves, right? The selection seems a little sparse; these aren't the only prehistoric creatures they're releasing, right?

Balaur

Oh wow! The dead Tyrannosaurus is really cool! All of these look great! I can't wait to see the rest!

suspsy

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 08, 2015, 05:16:31 PM
So Collecta is announcing their new stuff in waves, right? The selection seems a little sparse; these aren't the only prehistoric creatures they're releasing, right?

Correct. They were revealed in small batches like this last year. We have yet to see the new prehistoric mammals and sea creatures.

Also, the SUPREME. Can't wait to see what it is!

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on November 08, 2015, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on November 08, 2015, 05:16:31 PM

Correct. They were revealed in small batches like this last year. We have yet to see the new prehistoric mammals and sea creatures.

Also, the SUPREME. Can't wait to see what it is!
If there will be  ;) We don't know that.

suspsy

I can't see why there wouldn't be one, unless the Guidraco sold really, really badly.

Concavenator

Let's be honest,it hsn't been really popular,at least not as much as I think CollectA had in mind.We'll wait and see.

Shonisaurus

I guess that will come prehistoric marine animals and mammals. While animals also need Collecta Paleozoic era.

stargatedalek

Pterosaurs are never huge sellers, I'm sure CollectA kept that in mind, as well as larger figures selling less. The Guidraco (and to an extent the Supreme range in general) is one of CollectA's more niche market pieces, it has huge appeal among people who collect CollectA, but less appeal to parents because it's a less recognizable species, more expensive, and larger.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: