News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA New for 2016

Started by Everything_Dinosaur, November 06, 2015, 07:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Hey friends,

I emailed CollectA about this matter and they had this to say:

QuoteWe have problems with our distribution in North America as the current Canadian and US distributors have not been doing well. We are talking with another company for North American distribution. That will be one company for both US and Canadian distribution. We should announce this in our facebook by the end of this year.

Our distribution is Australia has been great, with over 50% turnover increase this year. Our sales with Indian remains stable.

Meanwhile I suggest our fans to purchase from mini zoo in Australia.

http://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/Collecta/

So there you go. :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

terrorchicken

lets see what happens... I hope they wll try to work things out as North America is a big market for them.

Roselaar

Good to know the situation isn't as bad as we feared.

Shonisaurus

Would that be so, that is no more than a false alarm. Collecta for me is one of my favorite toys companies with Safari and the sadly defunct Carnegie, in addition to Battat, Sideshow, Kinto that they are also memorable.

On the other hand it is a pity that in the US and Canada not so successful. US being the third most populous nation on earth if sold successfully these dinosaurs would be a barn production and profit to the Collecta home.

For now I keep waiting. Until I see the second wave of dinosaurs in Europe I do not trust.

Collecta figures have advanced in detail and paleontological accuracy while being only a few toys, but worth their figures to fill the shelves of collectors.

RobinGoodfellow

I'm reading that most of you are worried about finding Collecta figures in stores.
Yes, you're right.
But I'd like to say just few words about that.
In my Country only Schleich is available in stores.
I have a quite large collection (more than 800 figures ) and I bought it online (from Germany, UK and -quite expensive- from USA and Japan).
So most of you were lucky enough about finding more than Schleich figures in your local store in the past years  ( I wasn't so lucky...  :-\ ).

All the Best.
:D

Roselaar

As requested, a closer look at the new Deinocheirus and Deluxe Thalassomedon figures:

Concavenator

Thanks for the pics!They are gorgeous models.

Flaffy

Really gorgeous models! Thanks for the pics Roselaar ;D One question though, does the deinocheirus have leaning issues? Or is it just the angle?  ^-^ ^-^

Roselaar

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on July 16, 2016, 05:50:08 PM
One question though, does the deinocheirus have leaning issues? Or is it just the angle? 

It's the angle. So far it stands perfectly. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

suspsy

Both my Deinocheirus and Struthiomimus stand perfectly fine as well.

John

Dan's Dinosaurs has all of the new 2016 CollectA prehistoric line listed in stock on it's web page.So I guess this means they are here in the U.S. after all. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

suspsy

Great! Be sure to get the three ornithomimosaurs!

Jose S.M.

Very good news!  I checked and says limited quantities,  I hope I can get them on time, I imagine they ship internationally?

Everything_Dinosaur

Just a quick head's up from Everything Dinosaur,

For those of you who aren't aware yet, Everything Dinosaur received stocks of the new for 2016 CollectA Deluxe Thalassomedon, along with the Struthiomimus, Deinocheirus, the Lythronax and in addition, we have brought in some of the excellent Thylacine (female Tasmanian tiger) models too.

You can find these new models in the "new arrivals" section on our home page: Everything Dinosaur's Home Page

The 1:20 Andrewsarchus was not included on this shipment to us.  The models were not ready for shipping at the time the container left.  However, not to worry, the Andrewsarchus is due in next month.  We are aware of how keenly anticipated this particular model is, having had a look at the model back in February when we were sent the first production samples, I can assure you it is an excellent replica.

We suspect, like a number of the more unusual CollectA prehistoric animals, stocks of the Andrewsarchus are going to be limited around the world, if you want to reserve this model, it will cost something like £11.58 plus VAT and P+P, then you can drop us an email here: Reserve the Andrewsarchus.

One point worth noting, as we are VAT registered, all customers who are outside of the European Union do not have to pay tax on any purchases from Everything Dinosaur.  All prices are tax free.

pylraster

I just love that lythronax!

Dobber

Ohh, I forgot all about Lythronax. Just ordered one plus the Hunting and Prey Rex. Thanks for the reminder ;)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Everything_Dinosaur

The CollectA 1:20 Deluxe Andrewsarchus is in stock at Everything Dinosaur: CollectA Deluxe Andrewsarchus

Concavenator

When will CollectA be unveiling the 2017 models,Everything Dinosaur?

Dilopho

Collecta figures I would like to see:

- Mononykus
- Dakotaraptor
- Deinonychus
- Velociraptor standard (feathers)
- Brontosaurus
- Triceratops to match the deluxe one, but standard

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

suspsy

I imagine we'll start seeing 2017 products sometime this month.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: