You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

An entire new Permian fauna from Brazil

Started by Halichoeres, November 12, 2015, 05:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2015/151105/ncomms9676/full/ncomms9676.html

Includes descriptions of two new genera of temnospondyls, Timonya and Procuhy (the latter derived from the Timbira language, which, no, I hadn't heard of either). Also establishes dispersal of tetrapods into what would be Gondwana quite early in the Permian. I believe this is open access, but if not, a PM can have magical consequences.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

This is amazing. I love permian creatures:
Here is the reconstruction:
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

SBell

only have time to glance it over--but the biogeographical implications (easily seen in a very well-made graphic) are so cool!

DC

You can never have too many dinosaurs

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.