You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dan's Dinosaurs [ DTF Exclusive Offers ]

Started by Dan, March 13, 2012, 10:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Thanks Chris! Cue Sopranos theme music.

TQ, I will check with the manufacturer on this and get back to you. There does seem to be some different info floating about, saying 1:24 scale in some places, and 1:32 in others, so hopefully we can set this straight once I have the precise lengths. Special preorder pricing is currently displayed on the website for the Pegasus kits, as well.

Simon

Quote from: Takama on August 30, 2013, 03:43:13 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 30, 2013, 03:36:50 PM
Man..you've gotta quit showing me cool shirts Dan..I always know they won't fit me.. lol

I could say the same thing.

Make that three ... I need XXL, and Blade probably a XXXL ..... and we wouldn't mind paying a couple more bux for them ...   ;D

Takama

I need a XXXL  but people say I might need to ware XXXXL

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm actually a 4-5 XLT. That's what's really difficult to locate.

Takama

fortunately im trying to lose weight. (My heart and Mom depends on it) though its freaking Hard.

Dan

Working toward healthier lifestyle habits is always admirable. Keep it up!

I was able to confirm the Pegasus Triceratops is 12.5" long, and 19" for the Tyrannosaurus. This puts them around 1:24. The 1:32 seen on the original box art is basically a typo. They are expected to be ready early next year.

tyrantqueen

Dan has a new Saurophaganax in stock

Pretty cool :)

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 13, 2013, 05:20:31 PM
Dan has a new Saurophaganax in stock

Pretty cool :)
Yeas,It's awesome.Wish I had space and money for one lol.Actually,my favorite dinosaur species.  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks really nice.. ( for a big Allosaurus ! lol )

Dan

Quite a bit has happened since the last update, so let me go ahead and recap.

Now Available

Centrosaurus by Munive

Saurophaganax by Munive

Amargasaurus by Carriere

Centrosaurus by Lu Feng Shan

Suchomimus by Safari

If I have time, I may try to bring back one of the old games or contests, depending on the interest level.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Count me in..low on funds as I am it would be good to win something ..lol

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Wow Dan; you keep getting more and more amazing resin models! I still want to get some of those at some point... ;D
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

QuoteIf I have time, I may try to bring back one of the old games or contests, depending on the interest level.
Can someone provide some more information about this? I don't think I was around back then.

copper

i'm interested to hear about these contests too : )

Dan

There were a few different games running in Dan's Dinosaurs, which were played a few years ago.

Stickersaurs
Identify the dinosaur species on the sticker attached to your parcel (Quite tricky, because I have some exotic ones).

Trivia
Pretty much what it sounds like. These trivia questions were posted at random times, to give a chance to people in various time zones. They could range from paleontology questions, to questions about figure manufacturers.

Name the figure
Displays a tiny portion of a photo of a dinosaur figure, which must be correctly identified.

Did I forget any? I may have a few other ideas as well. I did offer little prizes like discounts and things, but I have concerns with extrinsic rewards in a competitive setting. Sometimes it brings out the animal in people, and it's really only meant to be in the spirit of fun.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think that covers it. I have to admit when I first received a package with the dino sticker on it I thought it was just for fun and didn't relate to a contest.

Trivia could be looked up online..I think the photo one was the best.  Maybe a silhouette version could be fun too ?

Eh, people just need to realize that it's only for fun.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Dan, your website isn't working. It says "website unavailable". Is this a problem you're currently having?
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 17, 2013, 05:56:11 PM
Dan, your website isn't working. It says "website unavailable". Is this a problem you're currently having?
Spiny, you need to update your bookmark >:D ;) The site moved recently, so that might be the problem. Does this work? http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 17, 2013, 05:59:35 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 17, 2013, 05:56:11 PM
Spiny, you need to update your bookmark >:D ;) The site moved recently, so that might be the problem. Does this work? http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/
It does indeed. Thanks, TQ.
-Peter Benchley

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Oh, and Dan, is there going to be a new Dan's Dinosaurs exclusive model for 2014?
-Peter Benchley

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: