You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dan's Dinosaurs [ DTF Exclusive Offers ]

Started by Dan, March 13, 2012, 10:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: Concavenator on December 25, 2013, 09:31:47 AM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on December 25, 2013, 09:26:10 AM
In those pictures, the Rex looked simply awful! Paint job, weird smoothness, etc. Is it better in real life?
Just because the detail is not intense it doesn't mean it's a bad piece.The detail is slight,just like all the Carnegies.Nice paintjob,though still a little improvable.Great Pachyrhinosaurus as well  :)
Now,I'd like to see pics of the Monolophosaurus and the ammonite if possible.
No, this is not just about the paint job. Carnegie was lazy this year-one piece, and from the way the pictures look, this one is leagues away from the Giganotosaurus and the Miragaia, both of which are beautiful in pictures and even more so in real life.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

In those pictures, the Rex looked simply awful! Paint job, weird smoothness, etc. Is it better in real life?
Just because the detail is not intense it doesn't mean it's a bad piece.The detail is slight,just like all the Carnegies.Nice paintjob,though still a little improvable.Great Pachyrhinosaurus as well  :)
Actually, at the scale the model is sculpted in, the smoothness is accurate- the scales are so fine that you wouldn't be able to see most of them. But I agree, the paintjob isn't great.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 25, 2013, 04:22:04 PM
Actually, at the scale the model is sculpted in, the smoothness is accurate- the scales are so fine that you wouldn't be able to see most of them. But I agree, the paintjob isn't great.

I'm wondering if they were rushed to get this one out ?

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

I wonder how long until the 2014 Dan's Dinosaur?
Looking forward to it!
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Concavenator

I don't understand why is the Megalodon the most expensive figure of the new Wild Safari figures(?)  :o  ???  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on January 06, 2014, 04:32:32 PM
I don't understand why is the Megalodon the most expensive figure of the new Wild Safari figures(?)  :o  ???  :))

Well it is about the size of the new T-Rex in the Carnegie line..maybe that has something to do with it.  Though it's still just a Great White to me.. ;)

Dan

tyrantqueen

Blade-of-the-Moon

tyrantqueen

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 09, 2014, 04:56:30 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 09, 2014, 04:30:15 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 09, 2014, 04:21:57 AM
Gorgonzola ;D ;D

I had an idea.. lol

I wonder what scale it will be ?
Hopefully big enough to show off Andrew's considerable talent ;D

I would hazard a guess at 1:40 .  Might have to add this to my growing list.

Gorgonzola

So excited to see it revealed finally (Over on Facebook at least.  I'm sure Dan will update it soon over here as well)! You cannot believe how pumped I was when Dan contacted me asking if I'd be interested in turning the T. rex into a resin kit. I couldn't say much more about it until Dan was able to reveal it for his store, but I figured a fair few of you would figure out why I wasn't saying much besides "Something cool is happening with this model."

I haven't had a chance yet to get my own copy of the kit, but the photos I've seen of the master and Martin's buildup look gorgeous. Whoever Dan contracted for the 3D printing services really hit it out the park, because they caught so much of the fine detail in the model.  It really is outstanding.

Blade, you're correct it will be 1:40, and *should* be about the same size as Krentz's T. rex proportionally speaking.
IG: @asidesart
Portfolio: asidesart.com
Patreon (Mostly non-dinosaur stuff and illustration): patreon.com/asidesart

tyrantqueen

The Tyrannosaurus did get revealed, but the post was deleted because of a hiccup in the maintenance.  Now that the chaos that followed in the wake of the forum going down has subsided, let us admire this magnificent kit and regale Gorgonzola with words of admiration 8) ;D

postsaurischian

Simon

It would make a great companion to the Krentz TRex.  Personally I think that the feet and legs are more accurate (thicker) than the Krentz rex, which has small-ish feet ...

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks so awesome ! I saw it on FB friday, had I the money I would nab it right now..but I already owe Dan and Martin a bit..lol

amargasaurus cazaui

Congratulations to Gorgonzola, for a model well done. I had hoped the new exclusive might be something new and unique though, as the market is saturated with Tyrannosaurs rex models already....perhaps next time. It is a gorgeous piece , wtg Andrew.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Brachiosaurus

Is it the Megalodon thats 1/40 scale or something else

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: