News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: Scout Series

Started by joossa, November 30, 2015, 01:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

QuoteI agree Takama. I got so sick of ALL my Rebors falling over (the potential was there not just for them to damage themselves, but other pieces too, if they fell from any height) that I ended up gluing Savage, Windhunter (and BTW, I really hate these stupid names!) the Acro and the Yutyrannus, to their respective bases. Now, finally, they no longer topple over. The King Trex is the only one I didn't glue, as I've not yet gotten the Fallen Queen (looks more like a tiny Princess!). Hopefully, when I do eventually get her, I won't need to glue the "King" in place.

Me too. I never refer to my Acro by its "name", because it's so lame sounding. It's just the Rebor Acrocanthosaurus.

Everything_Dinosaur

Everything Dinosaur has got the first of the Rebor Scout series in stock (Hazelnut and Melon).

They can be found in the featured product section on the home page: Rebor Scout Series

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Arul

Viking Spawn

joossa

Official color images are out:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Albertosaurus

Rebor sculptures are getting worst and worst lately. I hope it is because of the size of this things, but those are terrible. Schleich alley...

Victoria's Cantina

Rebor mentioned on Facebook that Breeze is 1/35 scale and Stan is 1/18. I wonder if there will be a price difference.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Albertosaurus on May 23, 2016, 08:08:16 PM
Rebor sculptures are getting worst and worst lately. I hope it is because of the size of this things, but those are terrible. Schleich alley...

Ah, I think thats why I've been put off all their latest reveals; their style seems to be moving more toward to look of schleich's figures than papo's.

Dinomike

I don't say this often but I'm rather unimpressed by these latest additions. The raptor baby isn't even awesomebro. :(
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

I do like like Melon and Hazelnut though! :)
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

stargatedalek

Out of these the only one I'm fond of is the JP raptor, because it isn't pretending to be something it isn't, and even that is at best on-par with pre-existing officially marketed JP raptor hatchlings.

Rain

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 23, 2016, 09:23:05 PM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on May 23, 2016, 08:08:16 PM

Ah, I think thats why I've been put off all their latest reveals; their style seems to be moving more toward to look of schleich's figures than papo's.

That's a rather silly thing to say. Sure their secondary line isn't the most appealing but their main line has remained consistent and unchanged. (In terms of their sculpting style and detail, at least)
I fail to see how this looks anything like what Schleich produces.

(Hope VikingSpawn doesn't mind me using his image!  :-X)
It was only released about a month ago as well.

However, I do agree that most of their products outside of their 1/35th line are less than desirable..

Silvanusaurus

Sorry, I was jokingly exaggerating a bit too much, didnt mean it as a serious criticism. But I am just feeling fatigued by seeing all these cartoony figures from them, and from the silhouettes that were revealed of the raptors that accompany that corpse, they look to be rather over styliszed too. The fact that I'm commenting on their products at all means i must still have hope for their future releases.

Rain

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 23, 2016, 10:39:01 PM
Sorry, I was jokingly exaggerating a bit too much, didnt mean it as a serious criticism. But I am just feeling fatigued by seeing all these cartoony figures from them, and from the silhouettes that were revealed of the raptors that accompany that corpse, they look to be rather over styliszed too. The fact that I'm commenting on their products at all means i must still have hope for their future releases.
Fair enough and agreed. I'd like to see them focus more on the 1/35th line as opposed to all these extras.

tanystropheus

Real-life baby animals tend to look exaggerated and 'stylized'.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Rain on May 23, 2016, 10:42:28 PM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 23, 2016, 10:39:01 PM
Fair enough and agreed. I'd like to see them focus more on the 1/35th line as opposed to all these extras.

We need some good herbivores for their main 1/35 line  :)

CityRaptor

Some good "living" herbivores.

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 23, 2016, 10:42:53 PM
Real-life baby animals tend to look exaggerated and 'stylized'.

Yep.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: