You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic Island (Indominus rex FREE!!!)

Started by Lanthanotus, December 03, 2015, 10:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Just found this on BBC, it may interest one or another and I really like the design of the page: Klick!

stargatedalek

I can't tell in the slightest what it's meant to be, not with the frame rate dive that site gives out.

Is it a documentary? or a news article?

FistyCuffs

Actually, it doesn't seem to be a frame rate issue. The background image moves frames as you scroll. It's kind of a neat touch actually

stargatedalek

Quote from: FistyCuffs on December 03, 2015, 11:44:43 PM
Actually, it doesn't seem to be a frame rate issue. The background image moves frames as you scroll. It's kind of a neat touch actually
That's what I meant, while neat it causes huge frame rate drops to the point I can't read because as I scroll it freezes up. Probably less noticeable for those in continental Europe.

alexeratops

like a bantha!

FistyCuffs

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 03, 2015, 11:48:28 PM
That's what I meant, while neat it causes huge frame rate drops to the point I can't read because as I scroll it freezes up. Probably less noticeable for those in continental Europe.
Hmm, strange. I'm over here in Southern California and it seemed to work fine for me

Rain

Works fine for me too here in good ol' Canada. And it looks interesting, thanks for sharing Lanthanotus. Also, anyone else think the rex looks like the rex from turok 2009 but feathered?

FistyCuffs

Quote from: Rain on December 03, 2015, 11:59:37 PM
Works fine for me too here in good ol' Canada. And it looks interesting, thanks for sharing Lanthanotus. Also, anyone else think the rex looks like the rex from turok 2009 but feathered?

That's a good point, I actually think it might be. If you look closely the feathers don't seem like they belong there. Almost like they were just tossed on to an already existing model

EDIT:
So, I'm about 95% certain that it is the Turok model now. Just compare the two, they're identical minus the feathers and skin detail

stargatedalek

Reloaded a few times and it's working notably better now.

That is beyond a doubt the Turok Tyrannosaurus, notice how despite the feathers it's skull is shaped erroneously and it's teeth are over-sized.

Tyto_Theropod

Hahaha I've been to that island! Didn't see any dinosaurs, though, only sheep and a couple of cats... Perhaps they were hibernating? I did find some ammonites, which was what I was there for, so it was well worth hanging around on the beaches getting soaked to the skin by the typically Scottish weather for. ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist