News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

what is your favorite dinosaur game?

Started by ChubbyTaco, December 08, 2015, 07:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you all feel as best dino game of this year?

The Isle
1 (100%)
The Saurian
0 (0%)
Primal Carnage
0 (0%)
Primal Carnage Extinction
0 (0%)
Collision Course
0 (0%)
If not what do think is the best?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: November 14, 2017, 05:04:15 AM

Tylosaurus

Primal Carnage Extinction, Primal Carnage 1.3 & The Isle

That are my favored Dino games :)

PaleoMatt

Currently, mine is The Isle but it may change when Saurian is released :D

ChubbyTaco

Quote from: PaleoMatt on March 25, 2017, 01:37:36 PM
Currently, mine is The Isle but it may change when Saurian is released :D

Saurian is real life thing of dinosaurs.It is way tooo tough and just watch the streams in twitch to get the devs and join discord server of it.

Flaffy

Remember surviving in the Mesozoic was not easy, the morality rate of many species was very high.

Carnosaur

Pachyrhinosaurus

Zoo Tycoon. Both the original and the sequel have great dinosaur/prehistoric expansions. The third game was really a missed opportunity not being on PC and lacking the variety of the first two. Had it more animals and been available for PC, I'm sure they'd have come out with a dinosaur expansion for that, too. A real shame since the graphics were amazing, especially when compared to ZT2.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

ZoPteryx

I used to play Zoo Tycoon and Jurassic Park Operation Genesis for hours on end, great games!  I also had this other knockoff Zoo Tycoon-like game where the ultimate goal was to get a Basilosaurus!  Sadly I was never able to complete it.  It was a bit more involved than Zoo Tycoon, the keepers never seemed to do their job and you had to also provide for the plants!

Now if we're talking board games, my favorite was The Dinosaur Survival Game, which was similar to Life except that you could be any of about a dozen different kinds of dinosaurs!  ;D

OpalornisHuali

I really wish there were more games where you play as a dinosaur and not some human trying to kill them or something..

Saurian looks amazing, but I haven't the computer specs to play such a new game.

HD-man

Quote from: ZoPteryx on July 05, 2017, 06:13:08 AMNow if we're talking board games, my favorite was The Dinosaur Survival Game, which was similar to Life except that you could be any of about a dozen different kinds of dinosaurs!  ;D

Speaking of which, does anyone here remember "The Lost World Jurassic Park Game" ( https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2205/lost-world-jurassic-park-game )?
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

BlueKrono

Quote from: HD-man on July 21, 2017, 07:49:49 AM
Quote from: ZoPteryx on July 05, 2017, 06:13:08 AMNow if we're talking board games, my favorite was The Dinosaur Survival Game, which was similar to Life except that you could be any of about a dozen different kinds of dinosaurs!  ;D

Speaking of which, does anyone here remember "The Lost World Jurassic Park Game" ( https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2205/lost-world-jurassic-park-game )?

That's my favorite game to play! I have that game in well used condition from my childhood, along with its JPIII sequel. This year I also got a new boardgame called Raptor where one player is explorers trying to capture raptor babies for study before they escape or the protective mother disembowels them. 
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

stargatedalek

Saurian is finally here and it's already well on it's way to becoming the definitive choice. For now I think ARK still holds the prize (though it has a two year head start!) but frankly The Isle has only been going downhill lately (Magnatyrannus? really?) so it's really Saurian's only serious competition at the moment.

Neosodon

Saurian seems allot better managed than the isle. They are already getting fundamental features like scent and AI in even though it is not open to the public yet. The isle is almost 2 years old yet they still fail to have the core game elements in place. The isle has allot more dinosaur and map diversity though. And I think they have the better T. rex design. :))

But for saurian to be a long term success I think they will need to add in other ecosystems besides hell creek. They could rotate them every month so the player base is not diluted. For example have a Hell Creek map and dinos for 1 month then next month feature a Patagonia or Yixian based environment.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

cardboardghost

Joe and Mac for the SNES!  Love that game :D

trex

Lately I play ARK: Survival Evolved and I think it's my all time favorite game.

IrritatorRaji

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, I still love to play it nowadays

Tylosaurus

ah great tastes there IrritatorRaji 8)

Jurassic World: Evolution will be a new favorite Dino game of mine, well the way it's looking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reBwjqOhu-g

All that matters to me is gameplay over graphics though, just as long the gameplay was as epic as it was with Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, i'm all cool with it.

Brocc21

Im sorry but primal carnage extinction was a disgrace to the original 2012 master peice
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Lizerd

My D&D realistic campaign, oohhh the brutality  ::)
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Syndicate Bias

For me none. Only the older games like Dino Crisis 1 and 2 on the ps1 and ark. Only 90s kids will remember dino crisis  8)

HD-man

EDIT: Never mind.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: