News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Geoworld: New for 2016

Started by Takama, December 20, 2015, 04:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

oh i guess this could pass for a D. teutonis
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ChubbyTaco

Love the Diplocaulus

SBell

Quote from: Takama on December 21, 2015, 03:46:33 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on December 21, 2015, 03:39:54 AM
Oh, and right after the Dimetrodon changed...

Keep in mind that the Geoworld model has been made back in 2013 and was not set to be released until 2016

And that the image is conjectural, not generally supported by research.

alexeratops

Quote from: SBell on December 21, 2015, 02:35:53 PM

Keep in mind that the Geoworld model has been made back in 2013 and was not set to be released until 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK5IgMJxcAk

I believe this video explains the evidence of the new look.
like a bantha!

suchomimus

Quote from: alexeratops on December 21, 2015, 02:52:39 PM

CollectA 2017/18 or even late 2016 like the spinos *fingers crossed*

SBell

[img]http://img14.deviantart.net/566c/i/2015/189

That's not exactly a peer-reviewed journal article, which is what is meant by 'research'.

Quote from: suchomimus on December 21, 2015, 05:21:51 PM

CollectA 2017/18 or even late 2016 like the spinos *fingers crossed*

You can probably keep crossing those fingers for a while (unless I can be more convincing than I thought...!).

stargatedalek

I have read the actual article, I believe it was posted here on the DTF actually. It's pretty damning as to the extent of the sail, the spines bending after a certain point on the height across a large number of specimens, and it varying by species of Dimetrodon.

Patrx

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 21, 2015, 05:48:26 PM
I have read the actual article, I believe it was posted here on the DTF actually.

Here's the relevant thread
, it seems Amargasausus cazaui provided a download link to the paper. Further discussion regarding the matter of pelycosaur sails ought to be carried out in that thread rather than here :)

As to the "new" Geoworld figures, let's see: The Deinosuchus, Postosuchus, and Scutosaurus are based on the Safari figures, the Dimetrodon is a re-coloured version of Papo's, the Diplocaulus looks rather like Raul Lunia's, and the Moschops resembles this stock image. Always interesting to see who they'll steal from next.

CityRaptor

Dr. Steve Hunters - the Ultimate Paleontologist Art Thief
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: Patrx on December 21, 2015, 06:20:06 PM
I have read the actual article, I believe it was posted here on the DTF actually.

, it seems Amargasausus cazaui provided a download link to the paper. Further discussion regarding the matter of pelycosaur sails ought to be carried out in that thread rather than here :)

As to the "new" Geoworld figures, let's see: The Deinosuchus, Postosuchus, and Scutosaurus are based on the Safari figures, the Dimetrodon is a re-coloured version of Papo's, the Diplocaulus looks rather like Raul Lunia's, and the Moschops resembles this stock image. Always interesting to see who they'll steal from next.

It might bother me less that they were stealing if the forgeries were competent forgeries.

Also, not to veer back to a tangent, but the dude who made that Dimetrodon video should probably not try to record everything in a single take.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

I would say that the Scutosaurus looks more like the longer limbed paraeisaurs of Walking with Monsters than the Safari directly.

For the rest, I agree--except that the Dimetrodon's colour is very reminiscent of the original Carnegie Spinosaurus colors!

Dilopho

Gosh, did Dimetrodon really look like that? Or just that particular species of Dimetrodon?
...I'm sorry, guys, but if Dimetrodon really looked like that, I don't think it's a good look. That doesn't mean I will stop liking Dimetrodon- I don't care when "dinos" change their looks, they're still awesome to me! But I don't think I could handle all my Dimetrodon beliefs being thrown out the window!
Hey, if it's true I'll accept it though.

Logo7

Quote from: Takama on December 20, 2015, 04:32:44 AM
http://www.youblisher.com/p/1263601-2016-Dr-Steve-Hunters-catalogue/

New Catalog is up now.    New for 2016 are The non Dinosaurs that were previewd way back in 2013

Out of all of the new models that I see here, I think that I will just get the Moschops and the Diplocaulus (hope I spelled that right), as I don't have models of the both of them. The rest I have models for already and, though they look okay, I don't think I will pick up the others. The only reason that I would pick up the others is for the fact cards, not for the extra models themselves. Though, if I do get one of them, I will keep it. Sorry to ramble on like that.

SomeRandomPaleoNerd

i might buy them all at least there better than SOME toys at are hollow or have horns everywhere on their body
"Imagine if you could travel back in time, to a time long before man"

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 22, 2015, 12:44:06 AM

It might bother me less that they were stealing if the forgeries were competent forgeries.

Also, not to veer back to a tangent, but the dude who made that Dimetrodon video should probably not try to record everything in a single take.

I very much agree, also has a tendency for mispronunciations, but you can't get everything right, right?
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Andreioli

Sorry for resurecting a very old thread, but have these figures ever got released ?

I sort of need that Moschops ... aaaand Scutosaurs.

RobinGoodfellow

No, "Early Animals Collection" wasn't released yet.
And no info about the future of the line.
But it isn't a big loss anyway...  ;)

Andreioli

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 03, 2018, 07:25:38 PM

Thanks for the reply.

But seriously, Moschops is under-represented, as are other weird and interesting Permian creatures  :(

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Andreioli on May 03, 2018, 08:08:25 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 03, 2018, 07:25:38 PM

Thanks for the reply.

But seriously, Moschops is under-represented, as are other weird and interesting Permian creatures  :(

Yes, I agree with you...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.