News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Geoworld: New for 2016

Started by Takama, December 20, 2015, 04:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

http://www.youblisher.com/p/1263601-2016-Dr-Steve-Hunters-catalogue/

New Catalog is up now.    New for 2016 are The non Dinosaurs that were previewd way back in 2013

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

I might agree, but Someones got to collect them and review them

I have all of the Dinosaurs in that line and most of the mammals

stargatedalek

I'd buy the Diplocaulus, but that would be it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 20, 2015, 05:49:46 AM
I'd buy the Diplocaulus, but that would be it.

I don't know..might be good for the park..but then i bet safari will make one eventually.

PaleoMatt

Meh. May pick up diplocaulus, not that interested in the others but they could work good for babies since they're small.

MLMjp

Deinosuchus, Postosuchus and Scutosaurus look familiar.... ::)

Turret

Nothing too special from what I can see. Deinosuchus looks kind of cool

suchomimus

I've got to admit that part of me is here for the matching game; Dr Steve's line is like a quiz to me.

Roselaar

Not the greatest or inspired models, but still a few that pique my interest, the Moschops and Diplocaulus foremost.

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: TE Matt on December 20, 2015, 08:52:14 AM
they could work good for babies since they're small.
I'm no expert on babies but I don't think that's how it works...

sauroid

if they're a dollar each i'd buy them...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 20, 2015, 04:37:49 PM

Yes, that is not how babies work. Although Schleich also claims that their Minis are babies, among some other wrong claims:
http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/new-products/2016-01/dinosaurs/mini-dinosaurs-with-lava-field-puzzle/
This one also claims that giant Dinosaurs would lay giant eggs...

http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/new-products/2016-01/dinosaurs/mini-dinosaurs-with-discovery-puzzle/
So not a single Dinosaur with parental care...

Speaking of plagiarism, is this just me or does the Moshops look like the Marx one?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on December 20, 2015, 04:40:39 AM

1) Do they though?

2) That's like $1,000 worth of Geoworld!

These are slightly worse than I expected, but I might have to get the Moschops since nobody else has made one for a pretty long time (except the baby from Gimiki's Journey).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Takama

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 20, 2015, 06:38:42 PM

1) Do they though?

These are slightly worse than I expected, but I might have to get the Moschops since nobody else has made one for a pretty long time (except the baby from Gimiki's Journey).

I spent most of 2014 Buying all of the Geoworld Dinosaurs, and now i have all 72 of them.   Since its unlikely that someone will get them all like i didi, i will be reviewing them on the Blog

terrorchicken

I might get the moschops. and where are the minis? these seems to be the same size as the other figures in their line.

PaleoMatt

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 20, 2015, 06:10:03 PM
Quote from: Silvanusaurus on December 20, 2015, 04:37:49 PM

Yes, that is not how babies work. Although Schleich also claims that their Minis are babies, among some other wrong claims:
http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/new-products/2016-01/dinosaurs/mini-dinosaurs-with-lava-field-puzzle/
This one also claims that giant Dinosaurs would lay giant eggs...

http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/new-products/2016-01/dinosaurs/mini-dinosaurs-with-discovery-puzzle/
So not a single Dinosaur with parental care...

Speaking of plagiarism, is this just me or does the Moshops look like the Marx one?
Schleich are really patheic :/

Gwangi

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 20, 2015, 06:38:42 PM

1) Do they though?

All points I was about to address. The Moschops and Diplocaulus are the only two I would contemplate getting but they're low on the priority list. Actually, they aren't even priorities.

alexeratops

Oh, and right after the Dimetrodon changed...
like a bantha!

Takama

Quote from: alexeratops on December 21, 2015, 03:39:54 AM
Oh, and right after the Dimetrodon changed...

Keep in mind that the Geoworld model has been made back in 2013 and was not set to be released until 2016

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: