News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathalosaurus

...okay, that Spinosaurus is... umm... well
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Shonisaurus

By the way the following figures, the pachyrhinosaurus, the baby mammoth and the brown rearing of tyrannosaurus rex are removed by 2018. I pass the everythingdinosaur link where all that explains,

https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2017/09/19/new-papo-and-prehistoric-animal-model-retirements.html

stargatedalek

Is that even the actual product? I genuinely can't tell if that's real or just photo-shopped, and they even quickly edited it into the box instead of taking a picture of them packaged for some reason.

Reptilia

It is undoubtedly the actual model, Everything Dinosaur confirms that they have seen it in advance months ago, and will look very cool at its adult counterpart's side. The 2015 gift box was photoshopped too, nothing strange, it must be quicker to get stock images of both figures and superimpose them to the box rather than taking pictures of the actual product, were you wouldn't see the prototypes but the production pieces.

So Pachyrhinosaurus, baby mammoth and baby T-Rex will be discontinued. Let's see... this year the woolly rhino got retired and the cave bear came in, a mammal for a mammal, next year the baby T-Rex will go and maybe the juvenile Spinosaurus will be added to the standard line, so maybe we can expect a new ceratopsian in place of the Pachyrhinosaurus?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Reptilia on September 23, 2017, 12:49:35 AM

So Pachyrhinosaurus, baby mammoth and baby T-Rex will be discontinued. Let's see... this year the woolly rhino got retired and the cave bear came in, a mammal for a mammal, next year the baby T-Rex will go and maybe the juvenile Spinosaurus will be added to the standard line, so maybe we can expect a new ceratopsian in place of the Pachyrhinosaurus?

I really like the baby Spinosaurus --it exhibits neoteny and as I've stated earlier is reminiscent of a juvenile crocodile. The baby mammoths look meh...I've picked up the WS version instead.  What will replace the Pachyrhinosaurus? It would be nice to have a second version of the Pachyrhinosaurus, in another pose, sans antlers. I think Papo would make an excellent Chasmosaurus or Protoceratops. I can't wait to see the rumored Iguanodon!

Reptilia

I'd love to get a Protoceratops, but a big, bulky Torosaurus in charging pose would be even better. Everything Dinosaur said there are exciting novelties coming from Papo next year, what if we get another unexpectedly generous line-up like this year? Maybe Giganotosaurus, Iguanodon, a ceratopsian and a couple more surprises.

Shonisaurus

I would like a chasmosaurus, arrhinoceratops or anchiceratops (very rare in the toy market in general) as a replacement for pachyrhinosaurus.

On the other hand I hope they make a giganotosaurus and an iguanodon. We've been waiting for them for years.  ;)

I would also like a amargasaurus among the prehistoric figures of Papo is one of the most preferred sauropods.  :)

Reptilia

Papo sauropod herd definitely need an addition, Amargasaurus would be pretty cool but I think we can expect more something like a Diplodocus before. In scale with the Brachiosaurus, that'd be fantastic. And massive!

tanystropheus

Quote from: Reptilia on September 23, 2017, 07:39:03 PM
Papo sauropod herd definitely need an addition, Amargasaurus would be pretty cool but I think we can expect more something like a Diplodocus before. In scale with the Brachiosaurus, that'd be fantastic. And massive!

Amarga is a perfect fit for Papo. I still hope that PNSO releases their version somehow. I think Papo should make an adult deluxe Apato with a more naturalistic pose. Also another JP style Brachio with a new pose would be worthwhile, IMO. Yeah, Diplodocus would be pretty cool. Papo would make a very impressive and distinctive head sculpt.

Reptilia

Exactly. All other companies' sauropods suffer of approximative head sculpts, and sometimes sport unlikely funky colour schemes. That's essentially what make them unappealing to me. On the opposite the two Papo sauropods are perfectly crafted sculpt-wise, and look very naturalistic with their earthy tones of greys and browns. I'd be more than happy to have less badass theropods in favour of a couple of huge sauropods for the coming years.

PhilSauria

Yes! Bring on the sauropods I say. I was not overly impressed withe the Diplodocus from Safari, the Carnegie Diplodocus is still one of the best Sauropods made, IMO; especially that head. It is such a misfortune of timing that the Carnegie line wound up when it did as they were putting out some amazing Sauropods - I would have loved to see their new Apatosaurus. And I also live in hope of Papo producing an adult Apato.

Irritation

The juvenile spinosaurus might be part of the 2018 line, yet part of me kind of doubts it.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Irritation on September 25, 2017, 12:59:26 AM
The juvenile spinosaurus might be part of the 2018 line, yet part of me kind of doubts it.

Why so

Irritation

Quote from: imnewhere on September 25, 2017, 04:06:39 AM
Quote from: Irritation on September 25, 2017, 12:59:26 AM

Why so
Idk, it looked kind of fake.

Reptilia

Just a cool picture of customized baby rexes I found on the internet:

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on December 15, 2018, 02:02:31 PM
Just a cool picture of customized baby rexes I found on the internet:

They look great, I have seen in figures of original soldiers (miniatures of PVC soldiers) that have been subject to transformations in their sculpture by amateurs and have changed the morphology of the figure. I suppose that these Papo tyrannosaurs will have been made by the method of cutting, gluing and using putty. Be that as it may, it is a work of craftsmanship.

SidB

This was originally a "cute" model; now - not so cute, rather kinda scary. I like 'em.

MoarCrossovers

Does anyone have any tips for fixing a Papo figure's legs? Someone of mine have bent inwards severely due to, er... "improper storage".

CityRaptor

Quote from: SidB on March 24, 2019, 11:45:54 PM
This was originally a "cute" model; now - not so cute, rather kinda scary. I like 'em.

Yep, someone is about to be eaten by those babies.

I think of it being a healthy mix of cute and scary.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Over9K

Added some new figures to my Papo collection recently. I really like the Acrocanthosaurus and the Pentaceratops, been wanting the running Rex forever, and the Gorgosaurus is a mean little mother...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: