News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 18, 2016, 03:06:58 AM
The Papo Acro and Cerato look better than the REBOR versions (although REBOR offers some truly nice diorama extensions on those models). I think REBOR might be a bit jealous as evidenced by their FB posts. They were inspired by Papo to form REBOR, mostly because Papo was taking their sweet time to release models like Acro and Cerato. The REBOR versions look great but are excessively textured (over textured) and it takes away from the realism and natural quality of the models. Hopefully, REBOR doesn't go overboard with the scales and scutes on their 2017 herbivores; herbivores generally look more elegant with less clutter.

No offense to anyone but the ceratosaurus with its coloration reminds me of the company Ravensburger Tiptoi with all my respect to the company of Papo. That is not to say that even the keratosaurus of Rebor is to me a superior figure.

But this is a mere criticism. Its colors sincerely do not seem to me the most adequate although it is very detailed figure of Papo I do not seem to be very finished and what was said like the polacanthus of the same factory seem from my humble point of view a little taken from the Disney series . But Ojo! It's just a question of mine.

With this I do not want to offend any member of the forum but honestly it seems very childish. And I do not want to say that this figure will be when it is marketed among my shelves as soon as possible.

On the other hand that in honor of the truth the pose seems to me more dynamic and realistic and needless to say that the acrocanthosaurus of Papo is much better than the one of Rebor by difference.

CityRaptor

What Disney series?

The Ceratosaurus also does neither look Schleich nor Tiptoi colored. It actually reminds me of this:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Victoria's Cantina

I feel as if the color scheme of the Cerato would have looked amazing on the Acro.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 18, 2016, 03:06:58 AM
The Papo Acro and Cerato look better than the REBOR versions (although REBOR offers some truly nice diorama extensions on those models). I think REBOR might be a bit jealous as evidenced by their FB posts. They were inspired by Papo to form REBOR, mostly because Papo was taking their sweet time to release models like Acro and Cerato. The REBOR versions look great but are excessively textured (over textured) and it takes away from the realism and natural quality of the models. Hopefully, REBOR doesn't go overboard with the scales and scutes on their 2017 herbivores; herbivores generally look more elegant with less clutter.
^ So much this. I love the idea of basing a Ceratosaurus on a chameleon, but the pose is off-putting for me. If I see it in person I might consider it, but I doubt I would order it online.

Shonisaurus

By the way the acrocanthosaurus is precious of the best that has been made of its species and in particular Papo. It is the figure that I like most of all the theropods of this year made by this company.

It even surpasses the sideshow-inspired carnotaurus.

Irritation

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on December 17, 2016, 12:39:41 PM
NEW 2017 Papo Dinos confirmed!!! They look so good, i cant believe it. The paintjob.
Where are the images of the other 5

LophoLeeVT

wow i love all of the new dinos!! all of them!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

looks like the new 2017 dinos are available now

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on March 19, 2017, 12:46:21 PM
looks like the new 2017 dinos are available now

Not all of them (and only in Europe): Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, the repainted Oviraptor and the repainted Velociraptor (rainbow version).
Polacanthus was available but it's out of stock now..

Available from here:
http://www.urzeitshop.de/de/64-Papo

and here:
http://shop.modellpferdeversand.de/Papo-Figurines/Papo-New-2017:::5_659.html?MODsid=9bkjenrkoeekk54ku9285oi9f5

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Papo hinted accurate dinosaurs back when they made their Allosaurus back in 2008, and now it's 2017 and look at how far they've progressed!

hao_bao

Really wish they'd make a Gallimimus, Cory, Compy, Quetz, and Diplodocus. We've had enough therapods.

Ikessauro

Did Papo retire the Green Baby T.rex?

CityRaptor

Yes, they did.

Quote from: hao_bao on May 27, 2017, 09:25:16 AM
Really wish they'd make a Gallimimus, Cory, Compy, Quetz, and Diplodocus. We've had enough therapods.

But Gallimimus and Compy are Theropods.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Simon

Thank you for the recommendation to use Postimage, Postasaurichian!  Its the easiest upload site I have yet found!  I'll be back in business as soon as I have some more photos to upload!

Irritation

My wishlist for 2018-2019:
Iguanodon
Giganotosaurus
Therizinosaurus
Deinonychus
Terror Bird
Tuojiangosaurus
Centrosaurus
Corythosaurus
Saurophaganax
Torvosaurus
Gallimimus

Digibasherx

Do we know if there are Papo KOs?  I picked up a bunch at a thrift store, all have Papo markings and the paint application seems very well done, but the colouration is very muted and seems heavy panel lining(skin textures) on the parasaurolophus and pachycephalosaurus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Digibasherx on September 15, 2017, 01:27:32 AM
Do we know if there are Papo KOs?  I picked up a bunch at a thrift store, all have Papo markings and the paint application seems very well done, but the colouration is very muted and seems heavy panel lining(skin textures) on the parasaurolophus and pachycephalosaurus.

At this point there are probably more Papo KOs than genuine Papos. I've even seen them in the gift shop of the American Museum of Natural History in New York. And they're all over eBay.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Digibasherx

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 15, 2017, 01:57:06 AM

At this point there are probably more Papo KOs than genuine Papos. I've even seen them in the gift shop of the American Museum of Natural History in New York. And they're all over eBay.

I know there are a lot of Papo KOs, but would they have Papo stamps on them?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Digibasherx on September 15, 2017, 02:37:29 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 15, 2017, 01:57:06 AM

I know there are a lot of Papo KOs, but would they have Papo stamps on them?

That I don't know. Could just be that they spent too much time in the sun.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Carnosaur

Just arrived the limited edition Papo Christmas Gift Box - A new model (Juvenile Spinosaurus) plus the Papo Ceratosaurus in a special presentation box

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: