News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo

Started by Takama, May 17, 2012, 01:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpartanSquat

Well its suppose this week we will have papo 2015 reveal?

stargatedalek

Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2014, 07:58:51 AM
Quote from: kreativtek on November 30, 2014, 07:19:05 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 30, 2014, 03:31:20 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on November 29, 2014, 11:12:44 PM
Out of those models,pick up the Carnotaurus.It's a must have.I have it and reccomend it.Don't the Papo Velociraptor,that's wasting money.

Unless you want a nice replica of the Jurassic Park Raptor. I own three of them myself.. ;)

Truth to be told, I want a nice replica of the Jurassic Park raptor. :) What other and presumably more accurate models can you recommend?
If you want a great Velociraptor,pick CollectA's Deluxe one or Carnegie's new one.
if its accuracy you're looking for, you can't beat the Favorite Kinto velociraptor

kreativtek

Thanks for your suggestions, guys. They're very helpful and I absolutely love the Kinto raptor.

Today I've received a Parasaurolophus figure by Papo. I am sad to say that I am considering returning it. I love the sculpture and pose, but paintjob on this thing leaves plenty to be desired. Parasaurolophus simply does not look as good as Papo's T-rex, Spinosaurus, and Brachiosaurus and does not fit in my collection.
I understand that this is an old figure, but why Papo didn't even bother to paint its claws or inside of the mouth?

Paintjob aside, there's another reason why I want to return the figure. It was supposed to be new, but I've received it without original packaging and with some weird-looking substance on the feet. Its condition may also explain lackluster paintjob. What do your Parasaurolophuses look like?

Concavenator

Papo's Parasaurolophus has always been a pretty bad model.If you want a gorgeous Patasaurolophus,get CollectA's new one.If you don't have Papo models,buy their Dimetrodon,Archaeopteryx,Carnotaurus,Allosaurus and Dilophosaurus,and maybe the Brachiosaurus.Skip the rest.  :)
P.S.Any news on Papo 2015 models,kreativtek,any update?Is Papo's 2015 luneup being announced this week?  :D

tanystropheus

The Papo Para is an underrated model. My personal Papo Para sported an excellent paint job and remained true to the JP movies on which it was based. The Schleich Para is very similar to the Papo counterpart, but is somewhat superior in sculpt.

kreativtek

Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2014, 07:21:32 PM
Papo's Parasaurolophus has always been a pretty bad model.If you want a gorgeous Patasaurolophus,get CollectA's new one.If you don't have Papo models,buy their Dimetrodon,Archaeopteryx,Carnotaurus,Allosaurus and Dilophosaurus,and maybe the Brachiosaurus.Skip the rest.  :)
P.S.Any news on Papo 2015 models,kreativtek,any update?Is Papo's 2015 luneup being announced this week?  :D

CollectA's Parasaurolophus looks pretty good, but it doesn't have Papo's attention to detail and dynamic pose. Models you've mentioned are already on my wishlist, with Dimetrodon and Carnotaurus being the cherries on top of it. Is Dilophosaurus any good? I love the species, but I've heard Papo did not do the painting right. It looks glossy in pictures.

Unfortunately, I am beginning to think that I received wrong information earlier. The store has indeed received new Papo figures, but they are not dinosaurs. We will have to wait a little longer to see what Papo has in store for 2015, I am afraid.

Concavenator

Quote from: kreativtek on November 30, 2014, 07:35:03 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on November 30, 2014, 07:21:32 PM

CollectA's Parasaurolophus looks pretty good, but it doesn't have Papo's attention to detail and dynamic pose. Models you've mentioned are already on my wishlist, with Dimetrodon and Carnotaurus being the cherries on top of it. Is Dilophosaurus any good? I love the species, but I've heard Papo did not do the painting right. It looks glossy in pictures.

Unfortunately, I am beginning to think that I received wrong information earlier. The store has indeed received new Papo figures, but they are not dinosaurs. We will have to wait a little longer to see what Papo has in store for 2015, I am afraid.
The Dilophosaurus looks pretty good though the paintjob is a bit glossy.Get it,it's a nice model.

tyrantqueen

QuotePaintjob aside, there's another reason why I want to return the figure. It was supposed to be new, but I've received it without original packaging and with some weird-looking substance on the feet. Its condition may also explain lackluster paintjob. What do your Parasaurolophuses look like?
Did it come with a tag? It should if it is brand new. I'd return it if it was me. You paid for something that claimed to be brand new but the seller wasn't telling the truth I guess.

kreativtek

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 30, 2014, 09:52:45 PM
QuotePaintjob aside, there's another reason why I want to return the figure. It was supposed to be new, but I've received it without original packaging and with some weird-looking substance on the feet. Its condition may also explain lackluster paintjob. What do your Parasaurolophuses look like?
Did it come with a tag? It should if it is brand new. I'd return it if it was me. You paid for something that claimed to be brand new but the seller wasn't telling the truth I guess.

My other Papo dinosaurs came with a tag and wrapped in a plastic bag. This one did not, which is why I have already informed the seller that I will be sending the figure back. I guess I will get an Allosaurus or Running T-rex insted. But this time I will buy from the official retailer.

japfeif

Quote from: Daspletodave on November 28, 2014, 03:17:25 PM
Saltasaurus and Polacanthus  have been done in plastic. Both Carnegie and Schleich did the Saltasaurus - the Carnegie version is still available. Polacanthus was done by Toyway in their Walking with Dinosaurs collection, and I believe Collecta did one too.
I would welcome a Corythosaurus or Centrosaurus, though.

I forgot about the Carnegie Saltasaurus...and am not much up on the Toyway WWD collection so did not know about their Polacanthus.  Still hope for a Corythosaurus though!

utd7

I hope we get something soon re: their 2015 releases cause the wait is almost unbearable. Also should you guys open a new thread for PAPO 2015 for New for 2015 and even a REBOR one cause they look serious competitors.
We live in a Jurassic World

Concavenator

Okay,I'm getting more excited about Papo's 2015 releases...

CityRaptor

Quote from: utd7 on December 01, 2014, 08:26:35 AM
I hope we get something soon re: their 2015 releases cause the wait is almost unbearable. Also should you guys open a new thread for PAPO 2015 for New for 2015 and even a REBOR one cause they look serious competitors.

Not so sure about it, given that REBOR is twice as expensive and has only 2 figures so far.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Concavenator

Not sure what ED means with 'Papo won't fall out of love with giant dinosaur figures' but if Papo is coming wit an Apatosaurus,that'd sort of kill my wallet.  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on December 02, 2014, 09:39:04 PM
Not sure what ED means with 'Papo won't fall out of love with giant dinosaur figures' but if Papo is coming wit an Apatosaurus,that'd sort of kill my wallet.  :P

It would be about as pricey as the Brachiosaurus..but I'd still be interested.

CityRaptor

Could also be Dipolodocus since it is one of "Main Three" Sauropods alongside Apato and Brachio.
Oh no

Arul

Very curious cant wait and so excited...still no sign of new 2015 dino figure, papooo did you hear our screaam  :o  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 03, 2014, 08:46:30 AM
Could also be Dipolodocus since it is one of "Main Three" Sauropods alongside Apato and Brachio.

That....would be pretty sweet too. I love Diplodocus.

I'm thinking we might get a baby Stego..just a hunch looking at the little Triceratops here.

CityRaptor

Baby Stego seems likely. Ofcourse it will look a lot like the one in TLW.

The reason why I think the big one could be Diplodocus is that it is one Dinosaur Schleich does not have. Both being EU based and widespread there, Papo probably considers Schleich their greatest rival. So having a Dinosaur they don't have seems like plus.
Oh no

Raptoress

Quote from: kreativtek on November 30, 2014, 10:32:29 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 30, 2014, 09:52:45 PM

My other Papo dinosaurs came with a tag and wrapped in a plastic bag. This one did not, which is why I have already informed the seller that I will be sending the figure back. I guess I will get an Allosaurus or Running T-rex insted. But this time I will buy from the official retailer.

Are you sure you did not buy a counterfeit model? My Papo Parasaurolophus is superbly detailed in its paint job. It doesn't sound like Papo to have poor craftsmanship, so I'm quite surprised to hear of this. I hope you will be able to get it sorted out soon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: