News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/6 Scale Compsognathus longipes: "Sentry" and "Bad Company"

Started by joossa, December 31, 2015, 09:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Viking Spawn on May 26, 2016, 10:44:03 PM
I got both packs ordered.  I'm going to enjoy photographing these!   >:D

..I just can't wait to see your new pictures...  :D

Faelrin

I might need to pick one of these up, if only for the resemblance to the JP Compy. How long are Rebor's products available for after being released?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Rain

Rebor's products aren't limited..so forever until it's discontinued. The four pack, however, will only be available while supplies last

Silvanusaurus

Can anyone explain how one pronounces 'longipes'? I keep reading it as 'long pipes' and being slightly amused at the thought of a compsognathus playing the pan-pipes, which I suspect might not be a scientifically accurate scenario.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 28, 2016, 08:04:38 AM
Can anyone explain how one pronounces 'longipes'? I keep reading it as 'long pipes' and being slightly amused at the thought of a compsognathus playing the pan-pipes, which I suspect might not be a scientifically accurate scenario.

I'd like speaking about Latin just a little...  ;)
The Latin language (that was spoken in ancient Rome) is the foundation for the modern Italian language.
I studied Latin in school and Latin's pronunciation is quite similar to Italian words pronunciation.
When I listen an English speaking person using Latin, it sounds strange and quite wrong.
The way an English or USA guy uses Latin is not correct at all because "i" "a" and "e" sounds different in English and/or in Latin (or Italian).
So there is a correct way to pronounce a Latin word for an English speaking person that's not correct at all for a Latin speaking person....   ::)
On the web/tv/Youtube there are many examples about "correct" latin pronunciation for English speaking people that are quite wrong.
When an Englishman listen an Italian speaking English, it sounds strange.
When an Italian listen an English speaking Latin, it sounds strange (and incorrect) too....  ;D

Just an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3UJ7XYDb3A

These names are ALL latin.
A Latin speaking person does not pronounce those names the way the speaker did.

Click on the loudspeaker to hear the correct latin pronunciation ( Latin on the left / English on the right ):
https://translate.google.it/?hl=it&tab=wT#la/en/tyrannosaurus%20rex

The right latin pronunciation for "Compsognathus Longipes" on the left loudspeaker icon / the "strange" english/latin on the right :
https://translate.google.it/?hl=it&tab=wT#la/en/Compsognathus%20longipes

-----

Viking Spawn

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 27, 2016, 07:12:40 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on May 26, 2016, 10:44:03 PM
I got both packs ordered.  I'm going to enjoy photographing these!   >:D

..I just can't wait to see your new pictures...  :D

And I'm also looking forward to yours too!   ;)

Kovu

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 28, 2016, 08:04:38 AM

Thank you for that. From now on little animated Compsognathus will forever be playing the pan-pipes in my mind.
Kind of like the forest animals in Snow White, but dinosaurs instead of chipmunks.

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on May 28, 2016, 09:09:27 AM
These names are ALL latin.
A Latin speaking person does not pronounce those names the way the speaker did.

Click on the loudspeaker to hear the correct latin pronunciation ( Latin on the left / English on the right ):
https://translate.google.it/?hl=it&tab=wT#la/en/tyrannosaurus%20rex

The right latin pronunciation for "Compsognathus Longipes" on the left loudspeaker icon / the "strange" english/latin on the right :
https://translate.google.it/?hl=it&tab=wT#la/en/Compsognathus%20longipes

-----

Wow, that is extremely helpful! Thank you!

Silvanusaurus

Ah, that's very interesting, the 'english' latin pronunciation, particularly of 'logipes' does sound very awkward when comparing the two.

POP of FAN

joossa

Wow, good stuff all around. They look great on the Ceratosaurus' base. And the wings on the dragonfly look so real. :)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Shonisaurus

Thank you for sharing Pop of Fan pictures are beautiful. Rebor magnificent figure.

Arul

Thanks for sharing Pop of Fan :) this figure is worth to buy

Takama

CityRaptor

That's why they want to eat the little girl. And Dieter Stark, too.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

spinosaurus1

Quote from: POP of FAN on June 14, 2016, 03:48:37 PM
Hi everyone. Hope this helps. ;)

-POP of FAN

wow, i wasn't expecting them to look that good. i especially like the photo of the pair face biting eachother. sort of remind me of fighting whiptail lizards.

ItsTwentyBelow

I think this figure looks great, as a replica of the Lost World compy. Not the most scientifically accurate, but that's fine and I'm definitely tempted to buy, since the dragonfly looks like a pretty cool bonus too.

I'm feeling nit picky today, so two things: the species name is ALWAYS lowercase in scientific nomenclature, so it should read "longipes". I'm sorry, it bugs the heck out of me since it's such a prevalent mistake. Other thing, was it really necessary to quote all those pictures?? ^^^^

I wish people would think more before they abuse the "quote" function.

Anyway, cool figure Rebor. They were going for JP compy, and they nailed it.

Dyscrasia

Quote from: POP of FAN on June 14, 2016, 03:48:37 PM
Hi everyone. Hope this helps. ;)

-POP of FAN

Thank you for sharing such awesome pics~!

POP of FAN

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on June 15, 2016, 02:36:57 AM
I think this figure looks great, as a replica of the Lost World compy. Not the most scientifically accurate, but that's fine and I'm definitely tempted to buy, since the dragonfly looks like a pretty cool bonus too.

I'm feeling nit picky today, so two things: the species name is ALWAYS lowercase in scientific nomenclature, so it should read "longipes". I'm sorry, it bugs the heck out of me since it's such a prevalent mistake. Other thing, was it really necessary to quote all those pictures?? ^^^^

I wish people would think more before they abuse the "quote" function.

Anyway, cool figure Rebor. They were going for JP compy, and they nailed it.

No you aren't nitpicking. thanx for the correction. It should have been "longipes". :)

ItsTwentyBelow

Not to worry, it's an easy thing to gloss over  ;)

I do thank you for sharing your pics and helping those without to make a better decision on this figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: