News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Horizon T-rex recast

Started by empire3569, January 11, 2016, 04:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinomike

A very fascinating read and a thorough insight into the world of garage kit makers. Really makes you appreciate all the hard work!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Doug Watson

Quote from: empire3569 on January 12, 2016, 10:38:43 PM
That would be pretty neat to own, but far too much for my budget! :P I would really like to own the T-rex kit to go with the SnapTite Velociraptor kit I just had professionally built, but am in no hurry so for now I will just keep checking Ebay. I posted a wanted ad in the classifieds as well. The other Horizon kits are very nice as well, do you have pics of yours all built up?

I wish you luck and like I said if you are really lucky I have seen some screaming deals in the completed list on eBay that I always missed for some reason.

I wish I had mine built up but all but one sit in their boxes on my closet waiting to get built (along with a bunch of other models). By the time I started collecting them I was a freelance sculptor first for a giftware company and now for a toy company so I often work nights and weekends as well as my days to meet deadlines and so far I just haven't had the energy or time to do them. I did get the Velociraptor about 90% built but then I had to drop it and earn some money and I have never gotten back to it. I tell myself now that they will be my retirement projects if retirement ever comes.

Doug Watson

Quote from: empire3569 on January 12, 2016, 10:38:43 PM
That would be pretty neat to own, but far too much for my budget! :P I would really like to own the T-rex kit to go with the SnapTite Velociraptor kit I just had professionally built, but am in no hurry so for now I will just keep checking Ebay. I posted a wanted ad in the classifieds as well. The other Horizon kits are very nice as well, do you have pics of yours all built up?

Hey there, I just saw your finished diorama with the SnapTite Velociraptors, did you know there is a SnapTite T rex kit as well that is meant to go with it? It goes for a lot less than the Horizon one. I have both kits but they still sit in my closet as well. I have never taken them out of the box but I would imagine they are the same scale but I could be wrong.
There are 2 available on Amazon.com for $49.99 each.
http://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-World-Tyrannosaurus-T-Rex-SnapTite/dp/B004JKQQ9Q

empire3569

Ya I saw that, but I thought the quality of the snaptite t rex was very inferior compared to the raptors; the proportions are just too off. Thank you though!

pylraster

I'm not really bothered with the recast's bad fitting parts. With a little work, you could fit and blend the parts nicely. Hot water really helps when it comes to assembly. Mine turned out to be okay, despite me not really satisfied with the paintjob I made. I would totally get another one to work on.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I bought this as a recast around 2008, really cheap oily white vinyl,,but I made it work.

Mackeral

Blade-of-the-Moon

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.