News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on November 05, 2023, 05:48:21 PM

Usually better to get these on bluray and such. The improvement quality is normally worth it.

dragon53

Today's Titanic email says a free baby Gorgo---this wasn't in the earlier emails. There are 105 preorders currently.

"We just need to get 300 more pre-orders by the end of the month to throw in a free baby Gorgo. Help us get there!"

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Over9K

Gotta love a great box day!

Just got the Art Spirits Hyper Modeling Series "All-Time Godzilla & The Kaiju Selections Part 1" boxed set. The set includes six gashapon-sized kaiju figures, ShodaiGoji'54, GhidoGoji'91, KiryuGoji'02, RideGoji'21, King Ghidorah '91 and Mecha-Ghidorah '91.

Art Spirits always killing it, even if they can never make an original release date...

Fembrogon

Those look pretty nifty! A couple faces look a bit wonky, but I guess that's a risk of the scale. What size are they precisely? I know Godzilla Gashapons can vary.

Over9K

Quote from: Fembrogon on November 15, 2023, 01:28:14 AMThose look pretty nifty! A couple faces look a bit wonky, but I guess that's a risk of the scale. What size are they precisely? I know Godzilla Gashapons can vary.

The Gojis are right around 3.5 inches, with the Ghidorahs approaching 5 inches to the tops of the wings. I think photos tend to flatten things a bit, but in 3 dimensions, the sculpts are really very good. There is a bit of paint bleed here and there, to be expected, that I think contributes to the slight derpiness on a couple.

dragon53

Titanic now has 140 preorders as of November 15 and needs 110 more by November 30.

On their last email (November 6), "We just need to get 300 more pre-orders by the end of the month to throw in a free baby Gorgo. Help us get there!"

Blade-of-the-Moon

They must have picked up 40 today.  I received an email saying they only need a 100 more.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I also got the email which says, "We have now sold around 150 units" (emphasis on "around").....but their website says, "140 Orders Placed!"

Assuming I'm interpreting the free baby Gorgo statement correctly, the pair of Gorgos with 300 preorders would be great.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's getting pretty confusing. Maybe it's harder to update the site every day?

dragon53

Titanic's website now says 145 sold and it's also now available on Awesome Collector. Titanic also posted a new photo.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have a feeling this getting made regardless. They've spent too much making it already. Dopepope isn't exactly cheap to hire and he does great work.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I hope you're right. The 30 cm Gorgo and baby Gorgo look really cool.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on November 18, 2023, 02:00:40 PMBLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I hope you're right. The 30 cm Gorgo and baby Gorgo look really cool.

I can't see a retailer like AC putting it up for preorder without some certainty of production?  That could be a lot of canceled preorders something Jason doesn't care for much.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I'm not sure of Awesome Collectors direct involvement with Gorgo---when you click on Awesome Collector's Gorgo preorder tab, it goes directly to Titanic's preorder.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on November 18, 2023, 08:23:37 PMBLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I'm not sure of Awesome Collectors direct involvement with Gorgo---when you click on Awesome Collector's Gorgo preorder tab, it goes directly to Titanic's preorder.

that's..very odd.

dragon53

Update on Titanic's 30 cm Gorgo which has 162 preorders on December 1.

"Production on Gorgo will begin after 200 Pre-orders have been reached. If this goal is not reached by December 20th, all orders will be refunded."

Blade-of-the-Moon

I swear I thought they had more orders than that..?

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

From Titanic's website a few minutes ago:

"162 Orders Placed!"

I hope they get 200 preorders by December 20.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: