You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on October 03, 2023, 05:34:08 AMBLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I remember seeing your Gorgo in a photo of your other collection models.

Do you have a larger photo of just the Gorgo?

Not sure..if not I can probably take one.

dragon53

Thanks, but don't go to the trouble of taking a new photo of Gorgo---I thought you might have some old ones.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on October 03, 2023, 11:59:20 PMThanks, but don't go to the trouble of taking a new photo of Gorgo---I thought you might have some old ones.

I thought I did..just can't seem to locate them.

Here are a few new kaiju I picked up recently from a fellow collector :

dragon53

AcroSauroTaurus

A few new Godzillas added to the collection.

Hiya Godzilla-2021 atomic breath version

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla-1954

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla-2002

S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla-1991
I am the Dinosaur King!

dragon53

Titanic Creations released photos of its 30 cm (12") Gorgo which will sell for $174.99 with more "better photos" to be released on Tuesday.

The photos suggest a baby Gorgo figure, too, but the email ad does not mention it.
My prebuilt kit Gorgo is 8", so I'll consider the Titanic version, but $174.99 is kind of high.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's about the same or less than a 25cm XPlus.

dragon53

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on November 02, 2023, 04:32:15 PMTitanic has the 30 cm Gorgo up for preorder.

LINK: https://titaniccreations.com/30cm-gorgo

ordered.  I think I might sell my poseable version now.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I decided to preorder the Titanic Gorgo after comparing it to my Monarch kit Gorgo.

Titanic Gorgo---has correct head and better paint scheme, but the back scales are flat
Monarch Gorgo---head's muzzle appears to be too short, but its back scales have scutes

There appears to be at least two Titanic 30 cm Gorgo prototypes according to their photos---one has the eyeball in the center of the eye and the second prototype has the eyeball in the front of the eye.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on November 03, 2023, 05:42:16 AMBLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I decided to preorder the Titanic Gorgo after comparing it to my Monarch kit Gorgo.

Titanic Gorgo---has correct head and better paint scheme, but the back scales are flat
Monarch Gorgo---head's muzzle appears to be too short, but its back scales have scutes

There appears to be at least two Titanic 30 cm Gorgo prototypes according to their photos---one has the eyeball in the center of the eye and the second prototype has the eyeball in the front of the eye.

I guess we'll see what they end up with, I just like the bigger size of the 30cm, fits with my XPLUS more.  So I listed my poseable gorgo on ebay, if I member here wants to buy it I can do a better deal.

dragon53

It appears Titanic is also working on a Reptilicus figure and others,

"But hold onto your butts, because even this embarrassment of riches isn't the end of Titanic Creations' ambitions! Gorgo is only one of a veritable bevy of obscure kaiju characters just begging to be given the merchandise treatment. What other under-the-radar creatures could rear their mighty heads as toys at Titanic? Well, according to Mac, plans (and negotiations) are already underway for a handful of these kaiju to join the family, including a certain winged snake kaiju from Denmark, a flying family of Gorgo-esque beaked beasts from Japan, and a beloved one-horned Showa-era critter from South Korea. You can fill in the blanks for yourself, and if you already have, you know that exciting times are ahead for monster collectors everywhere!"

source: kaijuramenmedia.com

Blade-of-the-Moon

My latest imports all together.

Just need to get a Gigan..but the 30cm is a bit too short for true 30cm scale and the 25cm isn't as nice. So..I'm conflicted.

dragon53

Here's another photo of the Titanic 30 cm Gorgo.

Blade-of-the-Moon

dragon53

Sunday morning: 105 preorders for the Gorgo 30 cm so far.....I thought there would be a lot more by now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on November 05, 2023, 03:22:38 PMSunday morning: 105 preorders for the Gorgo 30 cm so far.....I thought there would be a lot more by now.

It's almost half way there and plenty of time left.  This is a hard month for folks I'm feeling, it's right before Christmas shopping season. I'm sure once word gets around about the 35.00 deposit and payment plan it will be fine. 

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

I hope you're right.
I wasn't interested in the 30 cm Gorgo until I saw more photos of it---now I want it.

I have GORGO on bluray, but I've seen the reviews of the new 4K remaster and the improvement is very noticeable (see Youtube below) ---improved detail and color (the original bluray sometimes has Gorgo in grey/brown color, but the 4K has Gorgo in dark green). Unfortunately, I don't have a 4K tv or player.

dragon53

GojiraGuy1954

If everything works out I should be getting my Hiya Toys Ghidorah shortly after Christmas
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: