News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kaijus - post your collection here

Started by sauroid, January 11, 2016, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Viking Spawn, do you happen to have any other Ghidorah figures? I saw that you have the X-plus one, but I wanted to know if you had any more you could show.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Viking Spawn

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 23, 2016, 06:47:59 AM
Viking Spawn, do you happen to have any other Ghidorah figures? I saw that you have the X-plus one, but I wanted to know if you had any more you could show.

Sorry my friend.  I used to own some Bandai figures but have since narrowed my collection to X-Plus only.  Due mainly to realism and costs.

CityRaptor

Yes, those X-Plus are pretty expensive, aren't they? Thanks for showing us your collection of the good stuff.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ProSauropod

Wonderful collection !  I agree about the X+, I think the "plus" means +$$$$ .   Has anyone found a supplier who is consistently reasonable (balancing availability, cost, shipping, etc.) or is it pretty much whoever you can find ?  ::)

sauroid

which is more desirable? X-Plus or S.H.Monsterarts?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 23, 2016, 10:55:50 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on January 23, 2016, 06:47:59 AM

Sorry my friend.  I used to own some Bandai figures but have since narrowed my collection to X-Plus only.  Due mainly to realism and costs.

Ah, I see. Yah, another reason I don't collect much Kaiju figures is the prices... However that does mean more money for dinosaurs! ^-^ (which make up the majority of my collection)
I am the Dinosaur King!

CityRaptor

Yes, many Kaiju figures are expensive, and those that used to be easily affordable pretty much skyrocketed in price during the last few years or so. Unless you want Bandai Ultraman Kaiju, those are still pretty cheap.

DINOSAUR TANK!
If I still collected Kaiju like I did in the past, I would totally get this guy....

Quote from: sauroid on January 23, 2016, 03:37:18 PM
which is more desirable? X-Plus or S.H.Monsterarts?

I think it depends on what you are looking for.
Oh no

Viking Spawn

@CityRaptor - X-Plus are expensive from the start.  New items can range between $150-$300 USD.  Its always best to buy them new too cause the aftermarket can become insane QUICK!

BTW, I have always loved your avatar.  Goro is one of my favorite non-Godzilla Kaiju!  His famous drop kick in Destroy All Monsters will always be legendary!

@Sauroid - Both are desirable.  Heck, in fact, both of those brands in the aftermarket are often more valuable than vintage Bandai's!  As for prices, I say X-Plus is more expensive in the aftermarket on average.

@ProSauropod - If you need a hook up, I know of some great and reliable resources.  As for exclusive "Ric Boy" pieces, there is a friend of mine who has contacts in Japan.  Otherwise, your best bet is to buy from Yahoo Japan thanks to the stronger dollar and weaker Yen.  However, you would need to register with a buying service.  I use "Buyee." Even with the extra service fees and overseas shipping, I still save money buying from YJ!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 23, 2016, 07:05:48 PM
@CityRaptor - X-Plus are expensive from the start.  New items can range between $150-$300 USD.  Its always best to buy them new too cause the aftermarket can become insane QUICK!

I know. I was refering to Kaiju in general. Things like the Gashapon, Candytoys and Monster Island figures used to be cheap. 

BTW, I have always loved your avatar.  Goro is one of my favorite non-Godzilla Kaiju!  His famous drop kick in Destroy All Monsters will always be legendary!
Thanks. And I agree. I have the Zacca Pap Figure of him.

@Sauroid - Both are desirable.  Heck, in fact, both of those brands in the aftermarket are often more valuable than vintage Bandai's!  As for prices, I say X-Plus is more expensive in the aftermarket on average.

Both are also more expensive to begin with.
Oh no

Viking Spawn

I remember those candy toys.  I used to collect those along with Bandai's back in the 90's.  It was so hard to believe some of those tiny sets were so darn expensive!   The most expensive set I purchased at that time contained a miniature Biollante! 

I used to eat the candy that came with them too.  Kind of reminded me of mini Pez.  Oh good memories! 

@ CityRaptor - How come you didn't pick up the X-Plus Gorosaurus that was reissued last year?  (25 or 30cm)  Just curious.  They are fantastic vinyls! 

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

AcroSauroTaurus

Thats the first Godzilla I've seen that has his mouth shut... usually he's always angry at something... haha.
I am the Dinosaur King!

CityRaptor

Really depends on the figure series.

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 23, 2016, 10:16:13 PM
I remember those candy toys.  I used to collect those along with Bandai's back in the 90's.  It was so hard to believe some of those tiny sets were so darn expensive!   The most expensive set I purchased at that time contained a miniature Biollante! 

A few years back there was a seller on German eBay that sold some of then current candy and gashapon figures for pretty reasonable prices. Sadly that seller seems to be no longer be around. Blind Boxes were usually opened so one knew which toy was inside before buying it. They were however still in plastic foil, so only the box was open.

I used to eat the candy that came with them too.  Kind of reminded me of mini Pez.  Oh good memories! 

I barely got to eat them, as they were usually removed by the seller when checking blind boxes. Of course there is also this:
http://www.neomonsterisland.com/tktarkv/vol1/001/001/lemonsours.htm

@ CityRaptor - How come you didn't pick up the X-Plus Gorosaurus that was reissued last year?  (25 or 30cm)  Just curious.  They are fantastic vinyls!

I wasn't aware of it. Ever since shrinking down my Kaiju collection, mainly focusing on Sakai Dioramas, I did not keep in touch with all the new releases.
Oh no

Viking Spawn

@ Acro - That version is the Godzilla suit from the 70's films, vs Megalon, vs Mechagodzilla, & Terror of Mechagodzilla.  The MechaG films had multiple titles.  But that suit is the first one I remember from childhood and holds a special place for me!   He was a more "child friendly" looking Godzilla but kicked butt in all the films he appeared in!  That suit was also used in a Japanese TV series "Zone Fighter" where Godzilla was an ally.

@ CityRaptor - If you ever become interested in a X-Plus 30cm Goro, there are still a few on Ebay at reasonable prices.  Its truly a wonderful figure!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 24, 2016, 02:02:01 PM
@ Acro - That version is the Godzilla suit from the 70's films, vs Megalon, vs Mechagodzilla, & Terror of Mechagodzilla.  The MechaG films had multiple titles.  But that suit is the first one I remember from childhood and holds a special place for me!   He was a more "child friendly" looking Godzilla but kicked butt in all the films he appeared in!  That suit was also used in a Japanese TV series "Zone Fighter" where Godzilla was an ally.

Well, he is the hero in the movies... ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Viking Spawn

He's my hero in every movie he appears in! 

Viking Spawn

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: