News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleozoo Models

Started by Paleozoo, January 14, 2016, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Flaffy on January 10, 2020, 03:58:05 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on January 07, 2020, 07:22:52 AM
Paleozoo figures are quite fragile and an insurance is included into shipping quotes.
If your receive a broken figure, Paleozoo will send another one for free.

..and, to be honest, international shipping prices from USA to Europe could be even higher than Australian' ones (I never spent less than 27USD from USA to Europe, even for small articles)..

I see, it just find it a bit much considering Minizoo can do shipping for $9 USD to my country for something like the Southlands Diprotodon.

Did you request from Minizoo a tracked&INSURED shipping or just tracked?
Diprotodon is a 24Usd vinyl figure.
Paleozoo models are more expensive than that (and much more fragile).
Usually insured shipping cost depends on item' value.
It's not a free service.
Usually I request a worldwide insured shipping method for my resin models.
And It's more expensive than just a tracked shipping.
But it's safer.
I bought many models from Paleozzo and Mr. Bruce Currie is a very trusthworthy person.
Paleozoo is a small company not a medium/big reseller like Minizoo.
Replace a broken and expensive model to a customer without an insured shipping method can be economically dungerous for a small company.

Shonisaurus

What a cool figure! Awesome

mgaguilar

The most unique and very high quality stuff.
LOVE Paleozoo.

Flaffy

I wonder if Bruce has anything in store for us in 2021, would love to see some jawless fish from the Ordovician and Silurian.
Some of them could even be in 1:1 scale!

Flaffy

Does the Anomalocaris require another minor update? avatar_Paleozoo @Paleozoo

Head sclerites:
While the head sclerites are present on the model, the shape, size and position of the plates could be refined.

Gill placement:
The latest reconstructions show that the setal (lanceolate?) blades should be positioned along the dorsal trunk region, as opposed to under the lateral flaps/lobes.
A. canadensis reconstruction, source: wikipedia, artist: Junnn11.

Current bare back of the Paleozoo Anomalocaris model.

Raptorial appendages:
Minor details could be improved according to the diagram below. Mainly the "barbs" having alternating lengths. And the final 6 segments of the appendage should have an extended "spike".

Flaffy

Has anyone purchased Paleozoo's ediacaran fauna? I recently noticed that the Charnia model seems to have been updated, and looking very nice I might add.

Though I wonder why the Kimberella wasn't updated as well to reflect more modern reconstructions

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.