News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

What do you think of Dinosaur Century and Dinosaur Epoch? Battery operated toys

Started by Komododragon, February 08, 2016, 08:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Komododragon

You know. Those toy brands that make battery operated, cheap looking, colorful, dinosaur toys you find at a flea market. They are always packaged inside a box with text that says things like "realistic dinosaur sounds" and "movement." They always require some minor assembly and double A batteries. When you turn on a red switch on their bellies, they will walk, make roars, (that seem as if they straight out  ripped off Godzilla's roar from the 50's movies, and insert it into a cheap stereo in the toy), and flash blinding lights from random places like their eyes and tongues. They seriously make such a racket!! They are cheap chinese, Chinasaur gold. And speaking of Godzilla, GODZILLA HIMSELF IS PART OF THIS SERIES!!!  :o(Or a rather, "chinasaur-ified"version of him with two fingers like a t-rex, instead of three 4 or 5 fingers.)As shown in this picture. ( C:-) Dead link removed by Admin) It especially makes you wonder when they make dragon toys that they call "dinosaurs". There is even a dragon whose resemblance toward the dragon from the Dreamworks Shrek films is so obvious. Pic of her is here.http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v1/1470402064_6/Limited-version-dinosaur-toys-battery-operated-dinosaur-toys-Fiery-dragon-Electric-toys-Have-Sound-lighting-can.jpg  Simply google "battery operated dinosaur" and you will find arrays of many different species and colors that chinese companies patented, and packaged, slapped on a plastic lunchbox, and they're selling it, selling it!!! Some probably aren't even made by Dinosaur Century or Epoch, but, they all follow the same formula of cheap Godzilla noises, roller skates on their feet for movement and unnecessary lights. Yeah, so much for "realistic" dinosaurs, as we all know they flashed lights from their eyes and tongues when they lived!  ::) There are also a lot of YouTube videos that show these toys in action. And do any of you guys actually own one of these? I for myself own a "egg laying Plesiosaur." No, not an elasmosaurus, just a "plesiosaur, " though personally, I like to call it a Loch ness monster. http://www.yxtoys.cn/UploadFile/Images/SmallPhoto/0208/YX024296.jpg  Please tell me what you think of these series. Are you bewildered? Are you in awe? Or are you just facepalming yourself for the existence of such toys? Personally, I am in awe. And what blows my mind even more is the fact Godzilla is in this line of toy dinosaurs!! :o It's like he came into this toy line to get back his rightful roar, that the other dinosaurs stole from him.

Blade-of-the-Moon

haven't actually seen any in person, i'm sure as a kid i would have loved them.

CityRaptor

As a collector of Dinosaurs and also a collector of Kaiju I think they are garbage. At least they seem to be self-aware:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.