You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Texas Gets Prehistoric With Two New Fossil Halls

Started by dgmilner, May 20, 2012, 04:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgmilner

Paleontologists have been lifting fossil bones out of Texas' rock beds since the late 19th century. Now, after years of exporting these bones to some of the world's best museums, the state is getting two huge new paleontology halls of its own, both of which offer a visual feast spanning millions of years.

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/20/us/texas-gets-prehistoric-with-two-new-fossil-halls.html?_r=1

Joel

I'm planning to go to the one in Houston on June second. I live in Austin, so it's pretty close. Heck, I may even go there several times this summer. I hope this site can handle the flood pictures I'm going to upload!  ;D Hopefully Dr. Bakker will be there, and if he's not too busy, I'll ask him to autograph my copy of his book!

Joel

I posted pictures in the dinosaurs section of this forum. Go check them out!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.