News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Brand new repaints 2015-2016 Sideshow Spinosaurus

Started by thelordsgym, February 28, 2016, 10:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelordsgym

It has been a long time since I posted any new paints so here it goes....my style has changed some...with mine it seems people either like/love them or hate them....its hit and miss. Hopefully more like these latest ones:
Papo Styracosaurus:

Bullyland Stegosaurus...it was losing the paint  on its body:

Toyway WWD Ankylosaurus....was pretty rough when I acquired it:

Geoworld Suchomimus....I hated the cartoony colors:

Schleich Old Allosaurus...hated the crappy brown color:

Ravensberger Gigantosaurus....red was just too plain for me:

Missing Links Smilodon....had a couple extra ones so decided on a different scheme:

Papo Parasaurolophus:

Papo Spinosaurus....repainted and modified the old paint...was not content with it:

RobinGoodfellow

Safari Missing Links Smilodon and Geoworld Suchomimus are gorgeous !!  ^-^

Lanthanotus

Personally I prefer the more "natural" tones as in that Stegosaurus or the Smilodon, but all of them a very well done and I like what you made out of the dull and somewhat ugly Schleich Allosaurus :)

ITdactyl

Awesome work.

Your Suchomimus really shows that Geoworld made nice models - it's just their paint choices/application that [kind of, IMO] missed the mark.

Georassic

Nice work, Rob! I particularly love the Stego.

thelordsgym

Thanks friends....your feedback is much appreciated!  8)

AcroSauroTaurus

They look great! Especially the Styracosaurus, Giganotosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Suchomimus, Stegosaurus, and Smilodon. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Gwangi

I would never have guessed that's a GeoWorld model if you hadn't told us. That one and the Smilodon are my favorites. Fantastic work.

thelordsgym

Thanks friends....really appreciate it! Here is Malcolms Spino before and after. It was just too cartoony for me:

What do you think?

Digibasherx

That Papo Styraco and Bullyland Stego is just beautiful. The Papo Spino looks like Beastwars Skyshadow. The Malcolms Spino is wonderful too, I liked the original, but it's very stylized, and the new paint scheme is very natural.

Dinomike

Great work!  I really like what you did with the Spino! The Suchomimus is also very cool!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

thelordsgym

Thank you friends, these "projects" give a great sense of accomplishment once completed :)

Bokisaurus

Looking good, love the spino, much better ^-^
You are getting better and better with each new repaint!

thelordsgym

Hello fellow collectors and dino enthusiasts! I have added my biggest repaint ever....its a repaint of a repaint of the original sideshow Spinosaurus. I really didnt like the repaint so I chanced it and did my best to create a better paint scheme that was original. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Also repainted the original Schleich Brachiosaurus:

AcroSauroTaurus

Wow, those look great! If the Brachio was that pant scene, I would've bought it already! I'm not too fond of dull colorations on dinosaurs, unless intended to be female. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Nanuqsaurus

That Brachiosaurus repaint reminds me of the Playmobil Triceratops. It has a very similar pattern, but with yellow instead of green, which makes it look very giraffe-like. I always thought that didn't make much sense for a ceratopsian, but it does look good on a sauropod! Love that Spino as well, great work! :D

thelordsgym

Thank you friends...much appreciated....I thought they could use some finesse!  8)

empire3569

The Spinosaurus repaint is very impressive; when I first read your title, I thought "why would anyone want to repaint a sideshow figure?!" but it turned out really nice. Hats off to you sir

thelordsgym

Thank you....Its very much appreciated friend! ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: