News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello from The Netherlands!

Started by Nanuqsaurus, March 05, 2016, 04:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanuqsaurus

Hi everyone! :D

My name is Maarten, I'm a 21 year old animal care student from The Netherlands.

When I was young, I would often watch movies and documentaries like Walking With Dinosaurs, Sea Monsters and of course Jurassic Park. I also started collecting Schleich animal figures when I was younger, these were mostly modern animals but I got some dinosaurs as well. I often tried drawing dinosaurs, and didn't pay much attention to scientific accuracy in these drawings :P When I got older, my interest in dinosaurs started to fade. I forgot most scientific names except the famous ones. I still added some Schleich animals to my collection now and then, but my dinosaur collection remained small.
Deep down in my heart there was some love for dinosaurs, and of course I had to see Jurassic World in cinema last summer. That movie brought my childhood back, and I realized again how awesome dinosaurs actually are. So ever since I'm obsessed with dinosaurs once more. I caught up with all the new research, learned new dinosaur names and I started drawing again (with more attention to scientific accuracy :P)! And of course I started adding to my collection. That's how I found this site. :D

So my collection is still completely Schleich. I know they where not 100% accurate replicas of dinosaurs, but they are easy to get here and I still like them for their sculpts and colors. I didn't know Schleich had such a bad reputation until I found this site :-[ Now thanks to this site, I know that there are better dinosaur figures out there. I keep saying to myself I'll buy other brands soon, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I hope to find other dinosaur lovers on this site (since I know none in real life) and maybe you can help me find better figures for my collection! 

Besides collecting and drawing, I don't many other hobbies. I play video games from time to time and used to do some photography. I also love spending time with my two cats, and I own four pygmy goats. Despite being stubborn and noisy animals, I love them very much and wouldn't trade them for anything.

I hope to see you guys around on the forum! :D

Libraraptor

"I hope to find other dinosaur lovers on this site (since I know none in real life) and maybe you can help me find better figures for my collection! "

:D :))
Well, I guess you will find at least some dinosaur lovers on this site :)

No, seriously: Welcome to the forum, in my opinion this is the coolest forum about palaeontology, dinosaurs, art, collecting figures and toys any intersections of these one can think of. The diversity of dinolovers is unsurpassed. We collect dinosaur toys and figures of any quality and age, paint, build dioramas, visit museums and share all this with each other.
I feel great here, even in my seventh (or eigth?) year.

MLMjp

Hello and welcome. :D :D

Your story has some similarities to mine. I also joined the forum to talk with other dinosaur lovers because I donĀ“t know anybody who has a passion for them in real life ;) And I started my collection with schleich dinos until I discovered new and better models. And thanks to this forum I have learn a lot of scientific accuracy. :) :)

tyrantqueen

I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place. There are absolutely no dinosaur lovers on this site. In fact, most of us hate dinosaurs.

Just kidding ;) Welcome to the forum.

DinoToyForum

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 05, 2016, 05:09:47 PM
I'm afraid you've come to the wrong place. There are absolutely no dinosaur lovers on this site. In fact, most of us hate dinosaurs.

Ahh of course, I could've known. You guys hate dinosaurs, but just love the toys, I get that :P
Well, now that I think of it, I kinda hate dinosaurs for ruining my interest in anything else in this world.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on March 05, 2016, 06:27:16 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 05, 2016, 05:09:47 PM

Ahh of course, I could've known. You guys hate dinosaurs, but just love the toys, I get that :P
Well, now that I think of it, I kinda hate dinosaurs for ruining my interest in anything else in this world.

:)) Made my day!

reinier zwanink

Aah more dutch guys here
Welkom maarten

Oranje boven

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

dutchdinolover

Welcome Maarten! Here in Amsterdam we have a store that sells more dan sleich, if intrested, let me know;)

PaleoMatt

Welcome! Loving the sarcasm already. As always XD

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: dutchdinolover on March 05, 2016, 09:30:27 PM
Welcome Maarten! Here in Amsterdam we have a store that sells more dan sleich, if intrested, let me know;)

Amsterdam isn't very close to my home, but I'll check it out next time in Amsterdam. What store is it? :P There's a store here in Leeuwarden too (Spellekijn) that sells some Papo and other brands I think.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.