News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Anything Psittacosaurus

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, May 24, 2012, 09:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

I am wanting to find some artwork of the Psittacosaurus. Surprisingly there are not that many well done drawings or pictures of this animal to be found online. If anyone has pictures to share, would be appreciated, thanks.Even photos of the models, anything, would be helpful. I am wanting a few things to use as artwork along with my skeleton in a display, as well as for a written article I am going to have printed.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

Do any of these strike your fancy? XD Although be warned, my own personal preferences for colours and anatomy might influence the artwork choice here  ;)

Shapeways Psittacosaurus by Aaron Doyle

Natural History Museum model. It might be outdated, but the model and colours are still pleasing to the eye.

There is also the Shane Foulkes Psittaco, you can find that model here on our very own forums  ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

You found some I have not collected yet !!! More importantly it does not matter what colors or anatomical Characteristics they possess...I want all of them I can find . And looking through your posting I do notice the first is a picture I do not have yet.The second is the now discontinued shapeways model I purchased and have sent to Copper to paint for me, but I did not have a picture saved of it before they removed it from the site. The third picture I have , but only in a book, and I actually like that pose and coloration as well. The last picture is just amazing and I had never seen it either. Wow thanks. I really like that one !!! As for the Shane Foulkes piece I have reserved one, when he gets it done and offers it, he promised me it would be sitting in my living room. Thanks for sharing , I love these. Do you happen to have the web address where you snagged the last one from ? If I can get the exact http I can use that as a reference in my writing work , as long as I can accredit it to its source.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

tyrantqueen

You're welcome  :)

I got the 4th one from Dino Dan's facebook page, here http://www.facebook.com/dinodantv?sk=wall&filter=1

There's also Gregory S Paul's reconstructions, since he is a fairly well known artist you probably will already be aware of these XD

They're very elegant looking, but not very colourful XD

amargasaurus cazaui

Very kind of you to share all of this. This all really helps what I am trying to do so much. I truly appreciate it and thanks !!!

radman

There's also the lovely Expo 2004 piece; a parent Psittico with several babies.  A unique piece, that no one else has attempted, as far as I know.  I'd be happy to provide you a pic or two if you like.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: radman on July 25, 2012, 01:16:00 AM
There's also the lovely Expo 2004 piece; a parent Psittico with several babies.  A unique piece, that no one else has attempted, as far as I know.  I'd be happy to provide you a pic or two if you like.
That would be awesome. Postsaur posted a picture of one before once, but I would love to have a few I could use if needed, if you are up for it, thanks

radman

No problemo, I'll have some pix up within 24 hours.
Best,
R

tyrantqueen

Got you some more :) Hope you don't mind the pic spammage XD

This is one by a Japanese artist, I can't remember his name right now but he's quite well known.

Another by one of my favourite artists, Mineo Shiraishi

Lots of Psittacosauroid heads by an unknown artist :X

Todd Marshall

Really cute Psittacosaurus yawning :) By Kyoht Luterman

Sorry if I couldn't give credit to all the artists :X If anyone knows the ones I couldn't indentify, let me know :)

Takama

tyrantqueen

amargasaurus cazaui

Lol the thread is titled   ANYTHING Psittacosaurus, so any picture , drawing, model or even paper about them is welcome. There is no such thing as spamming when its requested....love all of this, and thanks. I did not have most of it for my own collection. I even saw the little headshots, and what is supposedly the species I have, although I somewhat debate his being classified as he is

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 25, 2012, 04:05:01 AM
Quote from: Takama on July 25, 2012, 03:56:59 AM

miising tail quils
I thought I already posted that one? :S

yeah but mine was in person: Its a way lot bigger then what your picture shows.

radman

Okay, so here is my collection:

I also have the Carnegie somewhere; it's much larger than these guys.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: radman on July 25, 2012, 05:43:26 PM
Okay, so here is my collection:

I also have the Carnegie somewhere; it's much larger than these guys.

I sent copper a Carnegie figure to repaint. Should prove interesting as the figure seems mundane otherwise.
I recognize the Procon figure, and the Expo figure has the babies with it, but what are the other figures? None of them appear to be the starlux, which is the only other one I know of aside from the Shapeways piece.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 25, 2012, 12:34:46 AM
You're welcome  :)

I got the 4th one from Dino Dan's facebook page, here http://www.facebook.com/dinodantv?sk=wall&filter=1

There's also Gregory S Paul's reconstructions, since he is a fairly well known artist you probably will already be aware of these XD

I wondered if these were the only two species he reconstructed or if he had other Psittacosaurs, I am after one named Psittacosarus Meileyingensis, which is what has been suggested as the species of my mount

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Takama on July 25, 2012, 06:10:40 AM

miising tail quils

Takama, what did you mean yours was in person and was bigger? Where was the picture taken? I assume its a lifestized replica of a sleeping Psittacosaur, but from where?

radman

The two little yellow guys are from the Safari feathered dinos toob, while the larger figure is a chinasaur, one of the few I keep; it came from a large bag o' dinos I got at a department store for my kids.  Once I paint over the blue eyes it might be a decent figure. ;)

Takama

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on July 26, 2012, 10:12:50 AM
Quote from: Takama on July 25, 2012, 06:10:40 AM

miising tail quils

Takama, what did you mean yours was in person and was bigger? Where was the picture taken? I assume its a lifestized replica of a sleeping Psittacosaur, but from where?

Its from the Natural Historey Museum in London. And it is one that commonly makes an appearance in Dorling Kingsly books. However, in the books it often seems small. But I seen it in person at the museum. And I can clearly say that its a biggen, almost life sized reconstruction. BTW it was in a glass case at the very end of there own dinosaur exhbit, as a part of the part that explans there extinction, Which would make this one a dead one. and not a sleeping one as i first thoght when i saw it in the books

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: radman on July 27, 2012, 05:27:33 PM
The two little yellow guys are from the Safari feathered dinos toob, while the larger figure is a chinasaur, one of the few I keep; it came from a large bag o' dinos I got at a department store for my kids.  Once I paint over the blue eyes it might be a decent figure. ;)
Good deal, one Safari Toob ordered, and thanks for the tip Rad. I opened up a thread for Psittacosaur toys following the forums new shuffling, so feel welcome to paste your guys over there too if you could , and thanks !!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: