News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: PhilSauria on January 28, 2019, 11:25:08 PM
If I were not such a well brought-up person (and it no doubt contravenes Forum rules) - I'd be using expletives here!

Just tried to order the magnificent Amargasaurus from Amazon, because even with the lousy conversion between the US and our dollar I could still (just) afford this - but of course they cannot ship to Australia! Just my luck. What is it about shipping to Australia?!! - it either costs and arm and a leg or they just won't do it. Just talking US here - I get stuff from Asia for free and Europe for a fraction of the US shipping.

Can't really afford the prices listed elsewhere at the moment and don't like the chances of any listing at lower prices so I'll just have to look in frustration as members post images of their new PNSOs.

Collecting (or attempting to) can be frustrating at times!

avatar_PhilSauria @PhilSauria: Previously in this thread some members have commented on how PNSO wasn't giving the option to ship to their country.  When a member contacted PNSO about it, PNSO enabled shipping of their figures to that member's country.  So if you were to contact PNSO about this, they might enable shipping to Australia.  The following posts in this thread cover how a member got the shipping to their country: Reply #1206, Reply #1208, Reply #1214  Alternatively, as ceratopsian suggested in one of those posts, you could try seeing if you can get what PNSO figure you'd like from acro-man.

Here's a link to the page with those posts: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4503.1200

Albertosaurus

Could somebody tell me where this image comes from?

Syndicate Bias

Don't know about the picture I asked about it too but no answer.

I asked PNSO a week ago regarding their Mosasaurus and they said it's solid pvc avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus

They also told me the Giganotosaurus may be a mid-2019 release alongside the Spinosaurus. They said maybe so it could be mid to end of 2019.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on February 07, 2019, 04:24:06 PM
Don't know about the picture I asked about it too but no answer.

I asked PNSO a week ago regarding their Mosasaurus and they said it's solid pvc avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus

They also told me the Giganotosaurus may be a mid-2019 release alongside the Spinosaurus. They said maybe so it could be mid to end of 2019.

Yes, the Mosasaur and Amarga are both solid PVC and not hollow like the first ones. This is really nice since it eliminated the really unsightly seams.
If you are curious, I have posted photos of both figures in my collection thread.
I suspect that the Opthalmosaur will also be solid PVC.

Shonisaurus

S @Syndicate Bias B @Bokisaurus Thanks for the clarifications. Although I like very much the PNSO basilosaurus and megalodon that I already have on my shelves, I like dinosaurs and solid prehistoric animals much more.

BRONSON

Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 03, 2019, 06:50:14 PM
Could somebody tell me where this image comes from?

They are the work by a Chinese artist called Zhao Chuang, he also paints the picture backgrounds for the mini PNSO dinosaurs.

PhilSauria

Just received the Opthalmosaurus last night. Seems to be made of a slightly different plastic than the first wave of large figures, a bit pliable and rubbery.

Also noticed that the paint app wasn't quite as detailed as the earlier figures, though the eyes are certainly elaborate enough. I guess Whales and Sharks are quite simple in their colouration so that may have been the case with other marine predators, the Ceratosaurus on the other hand appears to have detail in spades!

Bottom line is though that I am quite pleased to have been able to get hold of one of these and it looks awesome up on a shelf of its own.

Shonisaurus

So obviously the PNSO ophthalmosaurus is made of hollow plastic like basilosaurus and megalodon. I will honestly receive that figure that is quite attractive but I'm afraid not as much as the two marine animals of the Cenozoic mentioned above for what you say. I've seen a video of that figure, and it's true it's flexible plastic.

Although nothing has to do with this company in terms of flexible plastic and rubbery that is soft make me remember remotely the figures of the brand Recur.

PhilSauria

Although the plastic has a small amount of give, mostly in the thin areas of the tail tip, it is nothing like the flexing to be found in the Recur figures, if that is a concern for you, so be assured on that count. A solid figure of this size would be quite heavy and I have enough issues with shipping as it is let alone having to fund the passage for a weighty piece of plastic!

Derek.McManus

Oh dear hollow figures let's hope that quality companies like Rebor don't follow this trend or add feathers or forget to pronate wrists

Syndicate Bias

I wish someone would review the Amargasaurus to see if it's worth the buy. I'm already thinking about the Cerato since the Spino and Giga won't come till mid year

ceratopsian

S @Syndicate Bias: Bokisaurus did yesterday.

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on February 08, 2019, 06:00:27 AM
I wish someone would review the Amargasaurus to see if it's worth the buy. I'm already thinking about the Cerato since the Spino and Giga won't come till mid year

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 08, 2019, 06:34:08 AM

Ooh thanks mate, in assuming I will find it in the forum review?

ceratopsian

Yes!

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on February 08, 2019, 07:02:19 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on February 08, 2019, 06:34:08 AM

Ooh thanks mate, in assuming I will find it in the forum review?

PhilSauria

Well I guess I can kiss goodbye to ever owning the Amargasaurus - Amazon were not shipping to Australia but now they are - with the addition of a hefty shipping and import fee, pushing this one into the three-figure (AU) price range.

Can't find any other listings that will be within what I can afford. Pity. Guess I'll save my cash and hope that I can get hold of the Papo Spinosaurus somewhere.

Sometimes the reality of what you'd like and what you can afford really sucks!

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: PhilSauria on February 08, 2019, 10:20:57 AM
Well I guess I can kiss goodbye to ever owning the Amargasaurus - Amazon were not shipping to Australia but now they are - with the addition of a hefty shipping and import fee, pushing this one into the three-figure (AU) price range.

Can't find any other listings that will be within what I can afford...

You can have it on AliExpress Here and Here .
Also on eBay Here and Here.
I'm sure it soon be also on Acro-man's store.

Good luck.

Dino Scream3232

Just got in the Ceratosaurus last night. Amargasaurus should be here today. Nick is a absolutely amazing model. Well worth the price. Truly massive. I did a video review on him if anyone is interested. https://youtu.be/OKPl72Z-Gr4

Shonisaurus

I really like the figure, this PNSO ceratosaurus I suppose will be the same size as the giant Tyrannosaurus of Collecta. It is immense and beautiful! It's a pity that for reasons of space I'm afraid I will not buy.

ceratopsian

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on February 08, 2019, 03:53:11 PM
Just got in the Ceratosaurus last night. Amargasaurus should be here today. Nick is a absolutely amazing model. Well worth the price. Truly massive. I did a video review on him if anyone is interested.

Thank you - that gave me a good idea of what to expect and a useful feel for actual size.

RobinGoodfellow

Today I received PNSO Ceratosaurus.
Well, it's huge and simply stunning  8)
I have a lot of resin figures painted by major artists in my collection: "Nick" can truly competes with a resin figure for details and paint application.
Believe me, I'm not an easy critic.
Even the price is a fraction of a finished resin model.
Really great work for PNSO.
And welcome back !
^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: