News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Wow! what beauties of repainted especially the spinops, yanchuanosaurus, triceratops, spinosaurus, chungkingosaurus, spinops and giganotosaurus look attractive to me.

ItsTwentyBelow

Some nice repaints, particularly the Yangchuanosaurus, but I think I prefer the green Spinops colors. So does this mean Yang and Chung might become available separately?

That base that some of the figures are pictured on (Yang, Chung, Spinops) is the base to the Rebor "Savage" Ceratosaurus model. Just confirmed by comparing my own. I have definitely used it as a base for many figures and dioramas, but it's funny to see it used in promo shots from a different company.

postsaurischian

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on November 09, 2019, 08:12:56 PM
Some nice repaints, particularly the Yangchuanosaurus, but I think I prefer the green Spinops colors. So does this mean Yang and Chung might become available separately?

That base that some of the figures are pictured on (Yang, Chung, Spinops) is the base to the Rebor "Savage" Ceratosaurus model. Just confirmed by comparing my own. I have definitely used it as a base for many figures and dioramas, but it's funny to see it used in promo shots from a different company.

I don't think these are PNSO's promoshots. I guess they are repaints from a personal collection.

Syndicate Bias

someone ask that guy to sell me his Giga

suspsy

So . . . when do you all reckon we'll find out about PNSO's 2020 releases?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: suspsy on November 09, 2019, 10:42:37 PM
So . . . when do you all reckon we'll find out about PNSO's 2020 releases?

assuming how they went about 2019 maybe January we may see something release

Shonisaurus

I suppose the new PNSO figures will be spectacular, apart from the repaints I assume they will market, a tsintaosaurus lying with an acceptable size would be a pretty sweet figure for a collector of rare hadrosaurs in the toy market.

And a gigantoraptor with the egg nest scene would be great.

ItsTwentyBelow

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 09, 2019, 09:59:41 PM

I don't think these are PNSO's promoshots. I guess they are repaints from a personal collection.

Ah, well they aren't bad repaints, but that would better explain why they have and are using that base.

Concavenator

To be honest, I prefer the original colour schemes  :P

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Concavenator on November 10, 2019, 01:13:32 AM

Zhao's originals? Or the mass produced paints?

Concavenator

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on November 10, 2019, 01:22:52 AM
Quote from: Concavenator on November 10, 2019, 01:13:32 AM

Zhao's originals? Or the mass produced paints?
The mass produced paints.

catchup

Those are customized repaints only. I knew that guy who has his figures repainted at pretty high prices.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: catchup on November 10, 2019, 12:34:38 PM
Those are customized repaints only. I knew that guy who has his figures repainted at pretty high prices.

I don't think anyone repainting would go for cheap. Industry standard starts at the value of the model from how Shane and Steve Riojas have determined prices for some of my resin kits not sure about pvc given how cheap they are.

KeU

My apologies. Should have been clearer in my posts.
All the repaints are from a personal collection of a thread poster in the Chinese forum.

Interesting note, S @Syndicate Bias , in the PNSO hopes and wishes thread in that same forum, Carcharodontosaurus seem to be leading the requests.

Syndicate Bias

I just checked it's definitely in demand I hope to see it from PNSO soon. If Papo and Rebor can't deliver then PNSO will 😤

Loon

I'm sure it's been asked before, but just how trustworthy is AliExpress for PNSO?

I see a bunch of "without retail box" listings for figures, such as this Giganotosaurus. Are these defective products or unofficial versions?

Syndicate Bias

pretty trustworthy avatar_Loon @Loon the without box option is a standard from alot of sellers there

Fenestra

All my PNSO figures came from Aliexpress.
Without boxes, because it saves money.
All of them arrived just fine.

Fenestra

Quote from: Loon on November 28, 2019, 11:11:36 PM
I'm sure it's been asked before, but just how trustworthy is AliExpress for PNSO?

I see a bunch of "without retail box" listings for figures,  Are these defective products or unofficial versions?
The figures are not defective of bootlegs. They arrive inside the styrofoam box with art cards included.
Maybe it is a way to avoid custom charges, because no box is included with information on brand or price?
At least I never had to pay custom duties when ordering PNSO figures from Aliexpress. And I'm in the EU.

Loon

Thanks for information, everyone. One more question, has any one bought from "My Online Toy Store" on AliExpress? Im going to grab some pnso figures from them, but the presence of some bootlegs on their page raises some flags.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: